ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support - Page 181 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support

post #1801 of 3224 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 07:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turok916 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReHWolution View Post

UPDATE: as I expected, installing the latest version of LiveDash creates a conflict with AURA, 1.05.23+. Stick with the previous version if you plan to use your RGB features on the ZE, as it will cause to get stuck on RED, no matter what you set. Sorry for the multiple posts, I'm trying to give some feedback to users that may encounter the same issues.

I read your post just after doing the updated posted here.... now im stuck with red... mad.gif

followed the instructions in some pages before and everything is working again, what the f that "update".

I was lucky enough that I didn't disable restore points this time (to save space on the SSD), so I basically rolled back to BEFORE the LiveDash update.
Also, guys, go on the Maximus X Hero support page and download AI Suite. Fan Xpert works perfectly, and also all the sensors report correctly. The only thing is that the CPU frequency increase % is off, with a 4 GHz noted as a 56% more MHz. Probably it's based on Intel calcs. Can't really tell you if the VRM management / voltage sections really work, but at least it's not the piece of crap we've been using for the last few weeks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 3224 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 09:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitaltpt View Post

In addition to what bummerboy said, you can also get AuraCleaner at this forum to make sure everything from Aura and Live Dash is cleaned out. Run this after uninstalling Aura/Live Dash and rebooting. Then reboot again after running this.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?97813-AURA-v1-05-27-Report-all-issues-in-this-thread&s=b3cb0deb52311916e3faa07bebeb390a

Got those done, do you happen to have links to the latest AURA and Live Dash versions so I don't have to scroll through a ton of posts to find the links again? smile.gif

P.S followed instructions and reinstalled Live dash 1.01.07 but same story, even though i put it to display CPU frequency it still displays only the default CPU temp. Haven't installed ASUS Aura yet, just Live Dash
post #1803 of 3224 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 10:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 51 (Unique: 47)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanov88 View Post

Quote:

In addition to what bummerboy said, you can also get AuraCleaner at this forum to make sure everything from Aura and Live Dash is cleaned out. Run this after uninstalling Aura/Live Dash and rebooting. Then reboot again after running this.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?97813-AURA-v1-05-27-Report-all-issues-in-this-thread&s=b3cb0deb52311916e3faa07bebeb390a

Got those done, do you happen to have links to the latest AURA and Live Dash versions so I don't have to scroll through a ton of posts to find the links again? smile.gif

P.S followed instructions and reinstalled Live dash 1.01.07 but same story, even though i put it to display CPU frequency it still displays only the default CPU temp

The link I sent you to has the download of the latest version of Aura in the first post smile.gif

The latest live dash definitely has issues. I would avoid it. I finally got rid of Live Dash and AISuite and Aura has been stable. Fans set in the BIOS and no more problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1804 of 3224 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 10:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:

The link I sent you to has the download of the latest version of Aura in the first post smile.gif

The latest live dash definitely has issues. I would avoid it. I finally got rid of Live Dash and AISuite and Aura has been stable. Fans set in the BIOS and no more problems.

Well installed AURA from the link... when I try to launch it I get the same error again.. "ASUS Aura has stopped working" on the first run, closed it and ran it again.. it opened this time but only gives me options to control GPU and LED strip.. MB and DRAM are not even there like when it was working before... this whole thing is so buggy that it pisses me off that I bought this damn board
post #1805 of 3224 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 10:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 51 (Unique: 47)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanov88 View Post

Quote:

Well installed AURA from the link... when I try to launch it I get the same error again.. "ASUS Aura has stopped working" on the first run, closed it and ran it again.. it opened this time but only gives me options to control GPU and LED strip.. MB and DRAM are not even there like when it was working before... this whole thing is so buggy that it pisses me off that I bought this damn board

Give version 25 a try. 27 was released yesterday and I'm pretty sure those are beta versions on that forum. 25 has been stable for me so far without the newest version of Live Dash:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?96640-AURA-v1-05-25-Report-all-issues-in-this-thread

Go through the uninstall, restart, Aura cleaner, restart, before installing the new version.

FYI: There is a bug with the new Windows Creators Update. Before unzipping, right click the zip file, go to properties, and tick "Unblock". Then unzip and install as administrator.
post #1806 of 3224 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 01:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
.25 was EXTREMELY problematic
many of us experienced these issues :
certain modes - motherboard wont light up
non-addressable strips - only 1 colour shows up

be aware. the most stable so far is .23 for me (motherboard and phantek strip works fine, and settings are sticking between boots)

Quote:

Give version 25 a try. 27 was released yesterday and I'm pretty sure those are beta versions on that forum. 25 has been stable for me so far without the newest version of Live Dash:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?96640-AURA-v1-05-25-Report-all-issues-in-this-thread

Go through the uninstall, restart, Aura cleaner, restart, before installing the new version.

FYI: There is a bug with the new Windows Creators Update. Before unzipping, right click the zip file, go to properties, and tick "Unblock". Then unzip and install as administrator.
post #1807 of 3224 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 02:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Decided to check if ASUS updated the memory qvl

Nothing new since Oct. http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socketTR4/ROG_ZENITH_EXTREME/ROG_Zenith_Extreme_Memory_QVL_2133-3600.pdf

Just notice that the FASTEST 8 DIMM certified is: CORSAIR CMK64GX4M8B2800C14(Ver4.24)(XMP) 64GB ( 8x 8GB )

I guess that explains why everyone seems to have so much problem running 8DIMM 128GB
post #1808 of 3224 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 05:18 AM
In VB's Basement

Hello all,

I am hoping that you will help me and Asus shine a light on the problems of the ROG Zenith Extreme with regards to BIOS Bugs and Software bugs by creating a Bug report here: https://www.overclock.net/t/1642825/asus-x399-the-rog-zenith-extreme-a-complaint-bug-tracking-thread/0_50

Thanks all !

Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form

post #1809 of 3224 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 11:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bummerboy View Post

Decided to check if ASUS updated the memory qvl

Nothing new since Oct. http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socketTR4/ROG_ZENITH_EXTREME/ROG_Zenith_Extreme_Memory_QVL_2133-3600.pdf

Just notice that the FASTEST 8 DIMM certified is: CORSAIR CMK64GX4M8B2800C14(Ver4.24)(XMP) 64GB ( 8x 8GB )

I guess that explains why everyone seems to have so much problem running 8DIMM 128GB

Running this Corsair CMK128GX4M8Z2933C16 Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 2933 (PC4-23400) C16 desktop memory for AMD Threadripper

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074PGSLX6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
post #1810 of 3224 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 11:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeagle1873 View Post

Running this Corsair CMK128GX4M8Z2933C16 Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 2933 (PC4-23400) C16 desktop memory for AMD Threadripper

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074PGSLX6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What version is your kit? This is written on the individual labels.

Should be something like... v4.xx (for Samsung IC) or v5.xx for Hynix.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in