ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support - Page 197 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support

post #1961 of 3207 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 08:57 AM
In VB's Basement

Latest Beta BIOS with additional Fan fixes based off of 0804 Final can now be downloaded from the OP Here: https://www.overclock.net/t/1642825/asus-x399-the-rog-zenith-extreme-a-complaint-bug-tracking-thread/0_50#post_26468680

Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1962 of 3207 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 10:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post

Latest Beta BIOS with additional Fan fixes based off of 0804 Final can now be downloaded from the OP Here: https://www.overclock.net/t/1642825/asus-x399-the-rog-zenith-extreme-a-complaint-bug-tracking-thread/0_50#post_26468680
Good news! Would it be worth a try also for memory related issues?
Kind regards, Davidov
post #1963 of 3207 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 11:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 3)
Quote:

UEFI released after 0801 that does not contains support for NVMe RAID is a pure embarrassment for ASUS.
NVMe RAID did work in 0801 (bootable), why are these releases based on older code that does not contain this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1964 of 3207 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 11:50 AM
In VB's Basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljugtomten View Post

Quote:

UEFI released after 0801 that does not contains support for NVMe RAID is a pure embarrassment for ASUS.
NVMe RAID did work in 0801 (bootable), why are these releases based on older code that does not contain this?

AMD apparently has not supplied Asus with and updated RAID module for the updated BIOS. It is really bad for sure, hopefully a remedy will be forthcoming both from AMD and Asus.

Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form

post #1965 of 3207 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 03:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 13)
Quote:

AMD apparently has not supplied Asus with and updated RAID module for the updated BIOS. It is really bad for sure, hopefully a remedy will be forthcoming both from AMD and Asus.

I do not quite understand it. Seems like some misunderstanding here or I'm lost.

@elmor's explanation seems say the updated version is not compatible with current arrays, that's fine, one would simply detele current array and create a new one under such new version. But what we are seeing is different as no option for raid is visible at all in the BIOS.

Your interpretation @ENTERPRISE on the other hand is different than mine as you understood it as something is missing from AMD side.

Asrock is on the latest AGESA and have raid available, how exactly is ASUS not having something from AMD when they are on previous software base code?

Don´t get it.
post #1966 of 3207 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 06:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:

link not working....
post #1967 of 3207 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 07:17 PM
In VB's Basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by The L33t View Post

Quote:

I do not quite understand it. Seems like some misunderstanding here or I'm lost.

@elmor's explanation seems say the updated version is not compatible with current arrays, that's fine, one would simply detele current array and create a new one under such new version. But what we are seeing is different as no option for raid is visible at all in the BIOS.

Your interpretation @ENTERPRISE on the other hand is different than mine as you understood it as something is missing from AMD side.

Asrock is on the latest AGESA and have raid available, now exactly is ASUS not having something from AMD when they are on previous software base code?

Don´t get it.

Perhaps elmor can shed some light but from what I understand Nvme RAID is simply broken. I have no idea either as to Asrocks situation vs Asus. All I know is we are still rocking old AGESA which should not be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominican View Post

Quote:

link not working....

Works ok as far as I can see.

post #1968 of 3207 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 08:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 11)
This may seem like a stupid question but does anyone know of a way (other than taping over the LEDs) to disable the two LEDs on the DIMM.2 card?

It is massively annoying, if they weren't going to make an option to turn the damned things off, they could have at least made it RGB rolleyes.gif
post #1969 of 3207 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 08:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohms View Post

This may seem like a stupid question but does anyone know of a way (other than taping over the LEDs) to disable the two LEDs on the DIMM.2 card?

It is massively annoying, if they weren't going to make an option to turn the damned things off, they could have at least made it RGB rolleyes.gif

just update to 804 killed all the lights on my board
post #1970 of 3207 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 08:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain29 View Post

just update to 804 killed all the lights on my board

Thanks but I'm not looking to get rid of the Aura LEDs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in