ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support - Page 205 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support

post #2041 of 3245 (permalink) Old 12-17-2017, 04:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Thanks. Still hesitating before going with 901 over 801. I'll need to go over a list of any bug fixes before I decide...

I'm primarily interested in stability. Overclocking ability is secondary. I know, heresy ! smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2042 of 3245 (permalink) Old 12-17-2017, 04:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 96 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbach View Post

Thanks. Still hesitating before going with 901 over 801. I'll need to go over a list of any bug fixes before I decide...

I'm primarily interested in stability. Overclocking ability is secondary. I know, heresy ! smile.gif

Honestly, unless the bios address an issue you have don't jump on the betas so eagerly. Unless your looking to troubleshoot.
post #2043 of 3245 (permalink) Old 12-17-2017, 07:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgtr View Post

Honestly, unless the bios address an issue you have don't jump on the betas so eagerly. Unless your looking to troubleshoot.

Is there a non beta ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2044 of 3245 (permalink) Old 12-17-2017, 08:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
hahahaha

i think ZE bios cadence need to -1 step

Release == Beta
Beta == Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain29 View Post

Is there a non beta ??
post #2045 of 3245 (permalink) Old 12-17-2017, 10:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljugtomten View Post

RAM sticks that are 16GB each are dual rank, so far I have only been able to run mine at 3066MHz stable.
I have not seen anyone with dual rank memory being able to run them higher than this, so far only single rank memory that can run at 3200MHz or higher regardless of UEFI version,

I've got 4 x 16GB DR and I've been running at 3200MHz 15-15-15-34 2T (1000% Memtest) stable for the last 2 BIOS' up to 801 (not flashing to 901 yet). I think I can get 14-14-14-32 stable (some random errors) but I need more time.

I haven't tried running higher frequency than this though since the very early BIOS' that wouldn't post.
post #2046 of 3245 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter
Meddling user

Rep: 774 (Unique: 354)
@elmor

Did some more lengthy testing on 0901.

0901_3333F_setting.txt 24k .txt file

HCI MemTest ~10hrs (Click to show)

[email protected] ~10hrs (Click to show)

Seems all AOK for me smile.gif .

@bummerboy

Memtest/[email protected] was pretty much back to back, rig once not loaded no fan issues.

Although even with latest AIDA64 v5.95.4512 I can have SuperIO chip going freaky within few hours redface.gif. Even when I untick monitoring within it. When this issue occurs PWM can be stuck at (x)% or worst case seems to conk out IMO which can mean my water pump is at 800 rpm = high temps in loop if CPU/GPU both loaded heavily.

Note at ~3hrs Waterpump is ~2k rpm and 30min later PWM has conked out = 800 rpm frown.gif .

AIDA64 Screenies (Click to show)

Total testing was 3.5hrs, made up of CPU, FPU, Cache and RAM for 0.5hr, then FPU only for 1hr, Cache only 1.5hrs and CPU 0.5hr. Full HWiNFO CSV below.

AIDA64_CSV.zip 780k .zip file

@jarble

For me Ryzen Master ThreadRipper Edition has been fine so far.

Install, Initial, Core disabling testing (Click to show)
Install

Initial screenie on 1st run

12 core off

8 core off

4 core off

0 core off

Another 0 core off run

Only snag I seem to be having is can't seem to have Local RAM mode headscratch.gif . Profile apply but current will always show no change occurred, even if reboot/restart app, etc. SMT Off works, not tried anything else other than shown.

All in all no idea why your rig is stuck with disabled cores blushsmiley.gif .
Attached Files
File Type: txt 0901_3333F_setting.txt (24.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: zip AIDA64_CSV.zip (779.7 KB, 5 views)
post #2047 of 3245 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 06:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
@gupsterg yikes 800rpm pump sounds dangerous
post #2048 of 3245 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 06:23 AM - Thread Starter
Meddling user

Rep: 774 (Unique: 354)
When CPU and/or GPU low loads non issue.

When CPU and GPU heavy loads can result in ~45C+ loop water temp frown.gif .

If I say do P95 and Heaven/Valley in window non issue, for me AIDA64 sends things south as it freaks SuperIO chip out frown.gif . I will be continuing testing of 0901 with Bionic on CPU/GPU, Y-Cruncher, etc.
post #2049 of 3245 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 08:03 AM
Hardware/Software OG

Rep: 100 (Unique: 82)

I just want to report that the 0901 beta BIOS was the only BIOS that got me up and running with all 8 sticks of RAM.  After wasting about 30 hours of my life debugging pointlessly with the other BIOS I tried the beta and it fired right up.  Only problem is the little QLED screen is stuck on some error code about a HDD that I don't even have but at this point I'll take it since my $2500 system is finally operating.  Perhaps the final version of this BIOS will get even better, but in reality its probably a 50/50 shot that the "final" version of this BIOS will again cripple my system...

post #2050 of 3245 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 08:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 147 (Unique: 108)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post

@elmor Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Did some more lengthy testing on 0901.

0901_3333F_setting.txt 24k .txt file

HCI MemTest ~10hrs (Click to show)

[email protected] ~10hrs (Click to show)

Seems all AOK for me smile.gif .

@bummerboy

Memtest/[email protected] was pretty much back to back, rig once not loaded no fan issues.

Although even with latest AIDA64 v5.95.4512 I can have SuperIO chip going freaky within few hours redface.gif. Even when I untick monitoring within it. When this issue occurs PWM can be stuck at (x)% or worst case seems to conk out IMO which can mean my water pump is at 800 rpm = high temps in loop if CPU/GPU both loaded heavily.

Note at ~3hrs Waterpump is ~2k rpm and 30min later PWM has conked out = 800 rpm frown.gif .

AIDA64 Screenies (Click to show)

Total testing was 3.5hrs, made up of CPU, FPU, Cache and RAM for 0.5hr, then FPU only for 1hr, Cache only 1.5hrs and CPU 0.5hr. Full HWiNFO CSV below.

AIDA64_CSV.zip 780k .zip file

@jarble

For me Ryzen Master ThreadRipper Edition has been fine so far.

Install, Initial, Core disabling testing (Click to show)
Install

Initial screenie on 1st run

12 core off

8 core off

4 core off

0 core off

Another 0 core off run

Only snag I seem to be having is can't seem to have Local RAM mode headscratch.gif . Profile apply but current will always show no change occurred, even if reboot/restart app, etc. SMT Off works, not tried anything else other than shown.

All in all no idea why your rig is stuck with disabled cores blushsmiley.gif .

I am going with gremlins now as I have run out of ideas. What bothers me the most is everything was working just fine I would do exactly what you are showing (enable and disable cores) with no problems then out of the blue I get stuck. Your bios setting lets me turn the cores back on but booting any OS hard locks with a thread count higher than eight. Not just my original windows install but ubuntu on a usb drive or the windows install media all hard lock over 8 threads. Memtest though boots right up will all 32 threads and runs with no errors so I am left just baffled. I have opened a ticket with ASUS support and will start an RMA on the board after that the only other thing it could be would be the cpu.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in