ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support - Page 322 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support

post #3211 of 3255 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 04:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by ;28011852
I came here to report the same, has anyone dared to try it?
I'm on it now, seems to be working great. No issues at all.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3212 of 3255 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 07:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
So about to do a new 2990wx build but want to do 4x gpu and none of the 2nd gen support it except the GBAE which apparently has terrible vrm temps. I like the new alpha but doesnt support 4x gpu.

I want to do mild overclocking to about 3.8ghz but the system is going to run 24/7 and I am going to run a custom water cooling setup. See any issues with this with this board?

Is the waterblock from watercool worth it?

Anyone know where I can buy one of these new? I see newegg has some open box but thats it.

post #3213 of 3255 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 09:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by elderan View Post
So about to do a new 2990wx build but want to do 4x gpu and none of the 2nd gen support it except the GBAE which apparently has terrible vrm temps. I like the new alpha but doesnt support 4x gpu.

I want to do mild overclocking to about 3.8ghz but the system is going to run 24/7 and I am going to run a custom water cooling setup. See any issues with this with this board?

Anyone know where I can buy one of these new? I see newegg has some open box but thats it.
http://shop.watercool.de/11563
i using this, vrm always < 60, my room temp~30

3900X +XSPC raystorm nero + EK PE 480 + XSPC 480 WHITE + XSPC D5 + Enthoo Primo
CRosshair VIII formula + Corsair [email protected] 3600c14 +
2080TI +HEATKILLER IV 380W + DELL UP316Q + Onkyo SE-U55sX + FSP 1KW
sm961 1tb + Intel 600P 1TB +Crucial MX300 750GB + WD BLACK 2TB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3214 of 3255 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 10:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0

I think that's an excellent board! Once you put that VRM waterblock on there, you won't have anything to worry about. Also, the VRMs don't heat up, at least on my ZAE, unless I'm running a 75%+ workload for a long time. And the fan on the VRMs on the ZAE sound HORRIBLE, so the VRM waterblock is the way to go. ZAE users don't even have an option for a VRM waterblock.
post #3215 of 3255 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 10:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by goldenleaf View Post
I think that's an excellent board! Once you put that VRM waterblock on there, you won't have anything to worry about. Also, the VRMs don't heat up, at least on my ZAE, unless I'm running a 75%+ workload for a long time. And the fan on the VRMs on the ZAE sound HORRIBLE, so the VRM waterblock is the way to go. ZAE users don't even have an option for a VRM waterblock.
Is like a ekwb monoblock ok for this? Or do I really need to get the cpu block and the vrm block seperate.

post #3216 of 3255 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter
Meddling user

Rep: 774 (Unique: 354)
Is like a ekwb monoblock ok for this? Or do I really need to get the cpu block and the vrm block seperate.
I rarely hear the fan or see it turn on. This was a run last night, room ambient ~25C at beginning, ~24C at end.

Spoiler!

Older UEFI P95 v28.10b1 run, 8K 4096K 27GB, room ambient ~25.5C 24.8C 23.6C, I reckon first reading at start, next one at some point in run and last at end.

Spoiler!

VRM fan did not even come on, UEFI allows you to set a profile for it as well, I will soon test with OC CPU, still not gonna be the kinda load you'd be using though with a 2990WX. Looking at HUB data it would seem even the original ZE is very capable.

Spoiler!

I have created a separate ZEA thread. OP has by build info, as far as I'm concerned it's low airflow setup.

Last edited by gupsterg; 06-24-2019 at 12:28 AM.
post #3217 of 3255 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 11:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Separate, I only know of the original Zenith Extreme with a mono block. Of which I have a brand new one for sale.

But I hear that mono blocks aren't the best for performance because its possible for the waterblock not to get full 100% contact.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
post #3218 of 3255 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 05:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by goldenleaf View Post
Separate, I only know of the original Zenith Extreme with a mono block. Of which I have a brand new one for sale.

But I hear that mono blocks aren't the best for performance because its possible for the waterblock not to get full 100% contact.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Makes sense, I am trying to locate a new Zenith Extreme now.

I heard the watercool heatkilling iv CPU block in the best right now? I would prefer to stick to all one brand if possible and do rgb aura.

post #3219 of 3255 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 06:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Makes sense, I am trying to locate a new Zenith Extreme now.

I heard the watercool heatkilling iv CPU block in the best right now? I would prefer to stick to all one brand if possible and do rgb aura.
Found a open item one on amazon, going to give it a try.

Now I just need to nail down the cooling options. Ekwb monoblock or ekwb cpu block and vrm block from watercooled or watercooled heatkiller cpu block and vrm block from watercooled.

Also want 128gb coirsair rgb memory, any suggestions on which model?

post #3220 of 3255 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 07:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 12)
Also want 128gb coirsair rgb memory, any suggestions on which model?
Don't. Get G.Skill they have 128GB kits which are TR4 compatible, getting B-Die on Corsair is more of an exercise in futility and then getting aggravated by the idiots on the other end of a phone call.

https://www.newegg.com/global/au-en/...-335-_-Product

I'm sure the deals are better in USD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in