ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support - Page 322 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3211 of 3255 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 04:04 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Poloasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 30
Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by ;28011852
I came here to report the same, has anyone dared to try it?
I'm on it now, seems to be working great. No issues at all.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Poloasis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3212 of 3255 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 07:44 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
elderan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 279
Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
So about to do a new 2990wx build but want to do 4x gpu and none of the 2nd gen support it except the GBAE which apparently has terrible vrm temps. I like the new alpha but doesnt support 4x gpu.

I want to do mild overclocking to about 3.8ghz but the system is going to run 24/7 and I am going to run a custom water cooling setup. See any issues with this with this board?

Is the waterblock from watercool worth it?

Anyone know where I can buy one of these new? I see newegg has some open box but thats it.

elderan is offline  
post #3213 of 3255 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 09:59 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
knightriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 79
Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by elderan View Post
So about to do a new 2990wx build but want to do 4x gpu and none of the 2nd gen support it except the GBAE which apparently has terrible vrm temps. I like the new alpha but doesnt support 4x gpu.

I want to do mild overclocking to about 3.8ghz but the system is going to run 24/7 and I am going to run a custom water cooling setup. See any issues with this with this board?

Is the waterblock from watercool worth it?

Anyone know where I can buy one of these new? I see newegg has some open box but thats it.
http://shop.watercool.de/11563
i using this, vrm always < 60, my room temp~30

3900X +XSPC raystorm nero + EK PE 480 + XSPC 480 WHITE + XSPC D5 + Enthoo Primo
CRosshair VIII formula + Corsair [email protected] 3600c14 +
2080TI +HEATKILLER IV 380W + DELL UP316Q + Onkyo SE-U55sX + FSP 1KW
sm961 1tb + Intel 600P 1TB +Crucial MX300 750GB + WD BLACK 2TB
knightriot is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3214 of 3255 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 10:25 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 51
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by elderan View Post
So about to do a new 2990wx build but want to do 4x gpu and none of the 2nd gen support it except the GBAE which apparently has terrible vrm temps. I like the new alpha but doesnt support 4x gpu.

I want to do mild overclocking to about 3.8ghz but the system is going to run 24/7 and I am going to run a custom water cooling setup. See any issues with this with this board?

Is the waterblock from watercool worth it?

Anyone know where I can buy one of these new? I see newegg has some open box but thats it.

I think that's an excellent board! Once you put that VRM waterblock on there, you won't have anything to worry about. Also, the VRMs don't heat up, at least on my ZAE, unless I'm running a 75%+ workload for a long time. And the fan on the VRMs on the ZAE sound HORRIBLE, so the VRM waterblock is the way to go. ZAE users don't even have an option for a VRM waterblock.
goldenleaf is offline  
post #3215 of 3255 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 10:43 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
elderan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 279
Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by goldenleaf View Post
I think that's an excellent board! Once you put that VRM waterblock on there, you won't have anything to worry about. Also, the VRMs don't heat up, at least on my ZAE, unless I'm running a 75%+ workload for a long time. And the fan on the VRMs on the ZAE sound HORRIBLE, so the VRM waterblock is the way to go. ZAE users don't even have an option for a VRM waterblock.
Is like a ekwb monoblock ok for this? Or do I really need to get the cpu block and the vrm block seperate.

elderan is offline  
post #3216 of 3255 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter
Meddling user
 
gupsterg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Lurking over a keyboard
Posts: 7,160
Rep: 774 (Unique: 354)
Quote: Originally Posted by elderan View Post
Is like a ekwb monoblock ok for this? Or do I really need to get the cpu block and the vrm block seperate.
I rarely hear the fan or see it turn on. This was a run last night, room ambient ~25C at beginning, ~24C at end.

Spoiler!


Older UEFI P95 v28.10b1 run, 8K 4096K 27GB, room ambient ~25.5C 24.8C 23.6C, I reckon first reading at start, next one at some point in run and last at end.

Spoiler!


VRM fan did not even come on, UEFI allows you to set a profile for it as well, I will soon test with OC CPU, still not gonna be the kinda load you'd be using though with a 2990WX. Looking at HUB data it would seem even the original ZE is very capable.

Spoiler!


I have created a separate ZEA thread. OP has by build info, as far as I'm concerned it's low airflow setup.

Last edited by gupsterg; 06-24-2019 at 12:28 AM.
gupsterg is offline  
post #3217 of 3255 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 11:21 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 51
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by elderan View Post
Is like a ekwb monoblock ok for this? Or do I really need to get the cpu block and the vrm block seperate.
Separate, I only know of the original Zenith Extreme with a mono block. Of which I have a brand new one for sale.

But I hear that mono blocks aren't the best for performance because its possible for the waterblock not to get full 100% contact.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
goldenleaf is offline  
post #3218 of 3255 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 05:41 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
elderan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 279
Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by goldenleaf View Post
Separate, I only know of the original Zenith Extreme with a mono block. Of which I have a brand new one for sale.

But I hear that mono blocks aren't the best for performance because its possible for the waterblock not to get full 100% contact.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Makes sense, I am trying to locate a new Zenith Extreme now.

I heard the watercool heatkilling iv CPU block in the best right now? I would prefer to stick to all one brand if possible and do rgb aura.

elderan is offline  
post #3219 of 3255 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 06:19 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
elderan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 279
Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by elderan View Post
Makes sense, I am trying to locate a new Zenith Extreme now.

I heard the watercool heatkilling iv CPU block in the best right now? I would prefer to stick to all one brand if possible and do rgb aura.
Found a open item one on amazon, going to give it a try.

Now I just need to nail down the cooling options. Ekwb monoblock or ekwb cpu block and vrm block from watercooled or watercooled heatkiller cpu block and vrm block from watercooled.

Also want 128gb coirsair rgb memory, any suggestions on which model?

elderan is offline  
post #3220 of 3255 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 07:45 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
TrixX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 470
Rep: 18 (Unique: 12)
Quote: Originally Posted by elderan View Post
Also want 128gb coirsair rgb memory, any suggestions on which model?
Don't. Get G.Skill they have 128GB kits which are TR4 compatible, getting B-Die on Corsair is more of an exercise in futility and then getting aggravated by the idiots on the other end of a phone call.

https://www.newegg.com/global/au-en/...-335-_-Product

I'm sure the deals are better in USD

TrixX is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off