ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support - Page 325 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support

post #3241 of 3258 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 07:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
When I use the NF-A15 fan (the ones used for Noctua NH U14S TR4-SP3 coolers) with the cpu_opt header on the Zenith Extreme, the fan creates an annoying high pitch noise when the CPU is under high load or when I set it to spin at full speed in the bios however when only the Zenith Extreme's cpu_fan header is used, the NF-A15 is quiet even when I set the fan speed to max. Is this normal? There's something else I find strange, the extra NF-A15 fan that I bought that didn't come with the cpu cooler runs at 1200 rmp max while the NF-A15 fans are suppose to operate at 1500 rpm. The NF-A15 that came with the cooler works fine and runs at 1500 rpm max. It doesn't matter which of the 2 fans I use with the cpu_opt header, they both make annoying high pitch sound but when either fan is used with the cpu-fan header both or them are quiet even when at max rpm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 3258 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 08:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hi folks! Recently bought a ZE and had to flash the bios with 2001 to get my 2080ti to work. When i try to adjust the ram settings the system keeps rebooting until i power off and reset the bios. No matter what settings i use the system hangs and im stuck at 2133. The ram i am using is corsair vengeance rgb pro ( CMW32GX4M4C3600C18 ) which i assumed would work with the latest bios. I am quite frustrated atm and would greatly appreciate any help!
post #3243 of 3258 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 08:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Settings tried increased voltage to DIMM slots? With 1901 / 2001 BIOS all I do is select memory frequency of 3200MHz and set voltage @ 1.25V for DRAM AB and CD. I use Kingston HyperX Predator 32GB (HX433C16PB3K4/32) and probably could squeeze better timings.

Last edited by ManMountain; 08-19-2019 at 08:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3244 of 3258 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 08:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Long-time no posting on this thread... as today the system, in general, have been solid, with some weird hangs on some cold boots (boots enter to windows desktop and hangs) I havent had any time to troubleshoot it correctly, right now using Bios 1701 and I'm planning on to update to the latest one 2001 also one minor but annoying problem is that (dumb me for playing with the aura software update) I have updated to the latest Aura and Live Dash version and the Live dash keep crashing I manage to at least open the Live Dash (had to roll back to a previous version and re install) but now it does not do anything (no matter what version) the program does not change the actual information showed on the display (stuck on CPU temp small text). I will try the new bios and see if that somehow unstuck the Live Dash...one thing I notice is when you install Aura Sync and then the live dash this update the Aura Services and then the chaos of this two programs start.

Some combinations of the aura sync + live dash make one or the other to crash on program launch

Right Know I'm using:

Aura Sync Version 1.07.57 - latest (working can change colors etc)
Aura Service 3.03.39 - latest (included with the Aura Syn Version 1.07.57 under Lighting Control Folder)
Live Dash 1.05.03 - latest (open and not crash but the changes do not apply to the actual live oled display)

Also on the Asus support page for the ZE at the bottom, we have this

Utilities: AURA Lighting Control
Version 1.07.71
2019/07/22135.42 MBytes
Aura 1.07.71
New DRAM Support
1. AITC RAPIDEZ RGB
2. VENGEANCE® RGB PRO
3. DOMINATOR® PLATINUM RGB

that Lighting control version includes the Aura Service version 3.03.56

I have tried installing that Aura Service (3.03.56) and the same problem...

Any lights on this? I will know update to latest bios and see if this make any change.
post #3245 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 01:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Turok916 View Post
Long-time no posting on this thread... as today the system, in general, have been solid, with some weird hangs on some cold boots (boots enter to windows desktop and hangs)
I was getting the same hangs on boot, checked a lot of stuff in depth and eventually found my DRAM AB voltage was 0.02-03V lower than what it should be (running XMP). I bumped it up to 1.38 and no more random hangs - hwinfo reporting it now sits at 1.35 with occasional very short spikes to 1.37. Lots of variables and we're probably running different ram but it might be worth double checking to see if that's the problem.
post #3246 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 03:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Memory Latency after updating BIOS to 2001

Hey Guys,

I just flashed the BIOS on my ZE today, with the latest version 2001.

I noticed that although the RAM is stable now at 3200 Mhz (before it was unstable for more than 30 minutes) the latency increased from 66 ns to 89 ns.
Anyone else experienced the same thing? Also the READ speed dropped by 15 GB/sec or something .. from 92 to 78 GB/sec. The write speed stayed the same.

P.S. I'm using 2 x32 GB kits form G.Skill Ripjaws 3200 Mhz , CL14 which are Samsung B-Die dual sided. The timing is set manually to 14 - 14 - 14 -14 - 34 - 44 and 1T command rate (no gear down or power down). Basically I copied all the settings from the previous BIOS and applied to the new one increasing only the frequency to 3200 Mhz from 3066 Mhz.

Thanks
post #3247 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 09:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hi,

i upgraded my bios to 2001, the new bios dosnt seem to like my settings from pervious profile after i re entered everything manually

frequency and vcore dropping in windows, instability issues, thermal issues, anyone experiencing something smiliar ?
post #3248 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 09:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Does anyone know if x399 will work with new tr ? I saw some post from usmus that it won't work.
post #3249 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 03:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by mr_zbrush View Post
Hi,

i upgraded my bios to 2001, the new bios dosnt seem to like my settings from pervious profile after i re entered everything manually

frequency and vcore dropping in windows, instability issues, thermal issues, anyone experiencing something smiliar ?
Bad experience with this new BIOS update on my side as well. Although I have increased the frequency for the DRAM from 3066 Mhz to 3200 Mhz keeping the exact same settings for the the timings CL14 1T, i actually get a performance drop on the Read and increase in latency from 65ns to 88 ns or something like that.
Overall is less stable than the previous version.

I think i will roll back to the previous one because this one is ****.
post #3250 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 03:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by MacMus View Post
Does anyone know if x399 will work with new tr ? I saw some post from usmus that it won't work.
No one knows for sure yet, but there is a high probability that it will work, because TR is based on EPYC ROME core, and that one has the exact socket. You will not have PCI-E 4.0 though...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in