ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support - Page 75 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support

post #741 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 02:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post

Slightly unrelated to the motherboard itself, but regarding the 10Gbe bundled card. Has anyone had troubles installing this device on Windows 10 ? I have used the drivers I can find on the Asus website, the drivers seem to install fine but Windows just sees it as a Network device with no drivers. Anyone else had this ?

I am using the 10GBE card, but installed using my Windows Deployment Server so I had to manually add the drivers there to be loaded in the bootimage retrieved using PXE.

Unpack the driver installation package to a folder and then open the MSI using WinRAR and you can from there extract the following files:

Don't forget to rename the files, replacing underscore with dots in each file. When that is performed you should be able to install the driver in device manager.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #742 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 03:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:

Slightly unrelated to the motherboard itself, but regarding the 10Gbe bundled card. Has anyone had troubles installing this device on Windows 10 ? I have used the drivers I can find on the Asus website, the drivers seem to install fine but Windows just sees it as a Network device with no drivers. Anyone else had this ?

Aquantia 10G Ethernet connection Driver can be found here: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/04LAN/Aquantia_10GEthernetconnection_Driver_Win10_V140420_20170822.zip?_ga=2.50848489.1324173798.1506348129-1515326720.1504037735

It only shows up on the ASUS driver page if you click "See All Downloads" under the "LAN" section.
post #743 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 04:07 PM
In VB's Basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljugtomten View Post

Quote:

I am using the 10GBE card, but installed using my Windows Deployment Server so I had to manually add the drivers there to be loaded in the bootimage retrieved using PXE.

Unpack the driver installation package to a folder and then open the MSI using WinRAR and you can from there extract the following files:

Don't forget to rename the files, replacing underscore with dots in each file. When that is performed you should be able to install the driver in device manager.

Of course, good call ! Will do that tomorrow

Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #744 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 04:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Have you had any issues with the 10G card? I have an open ticket with ASUS. I cannot copy files over 8GB to my NAS server (which also has a 10GB card). It is very weird, I can copy 7GB and less, browse the web, use this NIC in my Hyper-V farm. I have the latest drivers installed, my switch is an Asus and my other NIC is also a ASUS (just not the ROG)
post #745 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 05:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paprika View Post

I personally plugged the pump to the actual pump header and put the cpu fan readout to be ignored in the bios.

Paprika thanks for the info, do you use an AIO?

Regards
post #746 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 11:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsimone67 View Post

Have you had any issues with the 10G card? I have an open ticket with ASUS. I cannot copy files over 8GB to my NAS server (which also has a 10GB card). It is very weird, I can copy 7GB and less, browse the web, use this NIC in my Hyper-V farm. I have the latest drivers installed, my switch is an Asus and my other NIC is also a ASUS (just not the ROG)

No problems for me to copy a 12GB file from one share to a local drive.
I noticed while copying, RAM usage was slowly going from 6.1GB to 7.1GB and then being released as soon as the copy is completed.
post #747 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 11:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljugtomten View Post

No problems for me to copy a 12GB file from one share to a local drive.
I noticed while copying, RAM usage was slowly going from 6.1GB to 7.1GB and then being released as soon as the copy is completed.

that's weird.. I wonder if its related to what I have been seeing .. I have been doing allot of rendering 1 - 20GB files and I have noticed that at 100% it seems to lag unusually long when it compiles and gets completed maybe its just the nature of the beast the way the memory is routed
post #748 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 01:23 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turok916 View Post

Paprika thanks for the info, do you use an AIO?

Regards

For now, yes.
Going to be plugging my pumps into the same header once I get a hold of Watercool's TR block.
post #749 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 01:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain29 View Post

that's weird.. I wonder if its related to what I have been seeing .. I have been doing allot of rendering 1 - 20GB files and I have noticed that at 100% it seems to lag unusually long when it compiles and gets completed maybe its just the nature of the beast the way the memory is routed

Check that HPET isn't active, which it might be if you have installed AI-Suite 3 from the official download page / USB-stick with drivers:

Open CMD as an administrator

run:
bcdedit /enum

if you see 'useplatformclock' set to true then run thats your problem

I ran:
bcdedit /set useplatformclock false

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock
reboot.
post #750 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 05:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Hey just to add to the memory comments - I've got my GSkill TridentZ 3466 CL16 4 x 16GB kit running at 3200MHz with loose 16-18-18-38 CR2 timings. I'll be trying to get to 3466MHz and/or tightening timings in the next week.

On another note:

Can someone with a Samsung 960 EVO drive confirm their 4K (Q32T) results. Mine and some others on the ROG board are getting about 50% less when compared to other platforms (~350MB/s when it should be around 800MB/s), the sequential speeds are good just the smaller blocks. I've tested on all 3 of my NVMe drives and they aren't being throttled, got latest Samsung drivers etc. I just want to get some evidence that it's a chipset problem because i'm getting seriously crappy load times for programs compared to what I should be getting - no this isn't HPET related.

Good:

X399:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in