ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support - Page 78 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support

post #771 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 05:37 AM
In VB's Basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljugtomten View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post

Slightly unrelated to the motherboard itself, but regarding the 10Gbe bundled card. Has anyone had troubles installing this device on Windows 10 ? I have used the drivers I can find on the Asus website, the drivers seem to install fine but Windows just sees it as a Network device with no drivers. Anyone else had this ?

I am using the 10GBE card, but installed using my Windows Deployment Server so I had to manually add the drivers there to be loaded in the bootimage retrieved using PXE.

Unpack the driver installation package to a folder and then open the MSI using WinRAR and you can from there extract the following files:

Don't forget to rename the files, replacing underscore with dots in each file. When that is performed you should be able to install the driver in device manager.

Of course, good call ! Will do that tomorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

UEFI 0801

Revised memory rules
Fixed CPU temp reporting issue after CMOS clear
UEFI RAID driver updated
Secure Erase string update

Awesome, will get that up on the rig, glad to see Asus fixed the CPU temp misread after CMOS clear as I had that.

Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #772 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 07:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 859 (Unique: 327)
Hate to admit it, but I can't hit anything higher than 3200MHz on this platform regardless of the DRAM or the settings I use thinking.gif

3333MHz works occasionally, but it requires >= 1.175V SoC (which is just insane) to post and still won't be able to cold boot.

It's not the memory I can assure you (G.Skill 3600C15 & Corsair 3600C16).
post #773 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 09:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stilt View Post

Hate to admit it, but I can't hit anything higher than 3200MHz on this platform regardless of the DRAM or the settings I use thinking.gif

3333MHz works occasionally, but it requires >= 1.175V SoC (which is just insane) to post and still won't be able to cold boot.

Have you been testing any other X399 Mobos? If so results?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #774 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 09:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 859 (Unique: 327)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPocket View Post

Have you been testing any other X399 Mobos? If so results?

Nope.

It's most likely due to a weak CPU specimen or shenanigans in AGESA. There is no reason why this board would be the limit.
Dissappointing nevertheless.
post #775 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 10:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Nope.

It's most likely due to a weak CPU specimen or shenanigans in AGESA. There is no reason why this board would be the limit.

Cool thanks makes me feel a little better.
post #776 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 10:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:

Nope.

any improvements with UEFI 0801 ?
post #777 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 11:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post

@NGMK

Flash OLED FW, only recently member posted they updated to lates UEFI had same high temp readout until they flashed OLED FW. Check post 1 of this thread, big text in red.

I have done this already. When I try to update the Aura firmware it says that it has already been installed. There is a folder called FW which downloads along with the Aura firmware. I do not know what to do with this folder, every .executable file goes out in a flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yock View Post

Look at the option "Core performance boost" in BIOS. Turning off that option lowers my temps a lot.
It shuts off cores not needed and raises clock on used cores. When more cores are used it lowers clock to compensate.
So at load your temps should be the same but idle might be high.

At least thats how i understand it. smile.gif

Thanks I will try that but I manage to Overclock to 4.0Ghz with +.240v Offset. My idle volts are hovering arround 1.09 with temps around 27c. However HWiFO64 sometimes reports my volts at 1.431v, I dont know if this is a bug from the motherboard as I do not see any Temp fluctuation when idle. I completed a 13hrs Prime95 blend test last night with highest temps at 64C ( I Ket my Office at 65F and the PC had a fan blowing directly at it the whole night) smile.gif
post #778 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter
Meddling user

Rep: 776 (Unique: 355)
Quote:

3466MHz using your preset non issue for me regarding stability testing, posts issues I can not solve redface.gif . I used 1950X stock, F4-3200C14D-16GTZ in DC.

HCI Memtest 5000%+ SOC 1.05V VDIMM 1.4V 53.3 30 30 30 30 UEFI 0601

This passed also 2hrs each RB stress mode and custom x264 encoding test. Y-Cruncher it failed. Needed SOC 1.1V.

Rerun on UEFI 0603, P95 29.1 build 4 blend passed 12hrs.

3333MHz is better for me on post issues, in that I have none. I can't seem to get 3333MHz Safe/Fast preset stable in OS tests redface.gif . I can only get 3333MHz stable with 3466MHz timings preset redface.gif , then also no post issues.

@Sicness has 3466MHz on 4x 8GB stable with your preset (his screenie), I wonder how his setup is for posting reliability? guess no issue as he never posted about having an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGMK View Post

I have done this already. When I try to update the Aura firmware it says that it has already been installed. There is a folder called FW which downloads along with the Aura firmware. I do not know what to do with this folder, every .executable file goes out in a flash.

Aura IC FW Update.exe

Same for v1.00.13.
post #779 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 11:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

I'm running on 0803. Update first time achieved 3200mhx 16 18 18 36 32 gigs dom platinum. D.O.C.P works. Previous attempts couldn't get past 2933mhz. 30 minutes into aida64 test stable so far.........

Never mind just restarted and no post....same issues with memory, makes me wonder why I spent so much money on this memory. Back to 2933 I guess
post #780 of 3258 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 11:56 AM
In VB's Basement

Currently running BIOS 0803. Seems good so far. 

One thing I did notice is that the upgrade which I performed via EZ Flash utility in the BIOS wiped out my saved settings profiles. Previously on a different Asus motherboard this was not the typical behaviour as far as I can remember. @[email protected] is this normal or another kink to be worked out ? Kind of makes the saved profiles semi pointless if they are deleted between upgrades which I am sure they were not historically with other Asus motherboards. 

Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in