Asrock x399 Taichi/Fatality overclocking and unofficial support - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asrock x399 Taichi/Fatality overclocking and unofficial support

post #11 of 744 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 01:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Chew, are you having to over volt your ram at all? I have 64gb of 3200 trident z (16x4) and it is not stable with the xmp profile so I've taken it down to 3066. I will try these timings in a bit, thanks.

Edit: on Taichi with bios 1.5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 744 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 01:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chew* View Post

I am in direct contact with bios and marketing.

That's great to know! Always a plus if you know someone.

Threadripper 1950x @ 4.1 Custom Water | 1080Ti FE @ 2100/6000 Custom Water | CaseLabs STH10 | ASRock Taichi | TridentZ 32GB @ 3433Mhz | Acer x34 Ultrawide Predator G-Sync | BenQ BL3201PH 4k

Official CaseLabs Owners Club!
post #13 of 744 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 05:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

So far so good with the medium template settings. This is the first time I've had 3200 up and running without any bsods. CPU is at 3.6ghz 1.1v and Prime has been running smoothly for at least an hour. Temps with case closed are hovering in mid 60's so I'm probably not going to push the OC much higher until I get a replacement Enermax 360. The first one had bad pump so I'm using a dual fan Noctua right now. At what point does the TR lose stability to cpu temp? And I guess same question about the VRM or when it starts throttling at least.

Is anyone using P states for their overclock? And a follow up question, does anyone speak German? Check this video out. https://youtu.be/83brAYq2uzE I copied his settings and seemed to work fine, but my DRAM was still a problem. And my cooler couldn't sustain those temps for long either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 744 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 258 (Unique: 111)
Posting up single rank in a little bit.

One of my 2x8gb sets suck so not able to suck in to tight.

Im doing 3200 profiles @ 1.35 which overvolts by .02 anyway.

The problem with the internet today is the lack of accountability.

On pc forums User A says no its safe costs users B,C an D $600 to find out he was wrong. User A gets off scot free.

On the race car forums it is no different except $ amount. User A says turn the boost up to 26lbs. User B,C and D lifted a head gasket,cracked a piston ring, melted a piston...or worse just sent a rod through block due to detonation. $3k in damages. User A gets off scot free.

Avoid the A's they will put a hole in your wallet.
post #15 of 744 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 06:14 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 22 (Unique: 17)
what llc are you running for your overclocks?
also can you throw in some hwinfo shots showing tdie...volts and vrm temps smile.gif

i,ll star throwing things in, i, m still on 1.30 mainly because the cheat sheet is of no use as i only have 4x8 ram and don't use ryzenmaster.

just a quick image from the other thread in regards to temps(stock at least) with a h115i and prime 95 small ffts

i.ll have to clock it back up to 3.9 to see how that affects the vrms but i have no active cooling over them apart from the fans going through the rad.

post #16 of 744 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

honestly its been hot ( humidity heat wave ) so I have been killing ht and trying to keep cpu around 70c in prime on a 2x120 rad with the wrong waterblock.

I'm starting to post up cheat sheets now for SR 4x8b the template will work fine just the profile I suggest using per bios I state.....really the only difference you should concern yourself with is disabling BGS enabling BGS alt.

Rest will be similar till we push higher speeds if my sticks can even do it.

All my profiles are toned down for compatibility cpu wise (3.6 @ 1.1 vcore 1.050 soc LLC 3 for both )

On pc forums User A says no its safe costs users B,C an D $600 to find out he was wrong. User A gets off scot free.

On the race car forums it is no different except $ amount. User A says turn the boost up to 26lbs. User B,C and D lifted a head gasket,cracked a piston ring, melted a piston...or worse just sent a rod through block due to detonation. $3k in damages. User A gets off scot free.

post #17 of 744 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 06:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

I spoke too soon, apparently. Prime for hours, stable. As soon as I stop and the system is idle, then I get bsod. It's driving me crazy.
post #18 of 744 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Have you increased SOC to around 1.050?

post #19 of 744 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 07:48 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 22 (Unique: 17)
Quote:

honestly its been hot ( humidity heat wave ) so I have been killing ht and trying to keep cpu around 70c in prime on a 2x120 rad with the wrong waterblock.

I'm starting to post up cheat sheets now for SR 4x8b the template will work fine just the profile I suggest using per bios I state.....really the only difference you should concern yourself with is disabling BGS enabling BGS alt.

Rest will be similar till we push higher speeds if my sticks can even do it.

All my profiles are toned down for compatibility cpu wise (3.6 @ 1.1 vcore 1.050 soc LLC 3 for both )

cool thanks for the info
also that's a cool video and there is another one in ZEE german which is worth a look as well came up on the fee on the right when i looked at the other one.

now based on his settings and upgrading to 1.50 here are a few results @4g (same volts and pstates as him but i,m running high performance mode ryzen balanced does shave a few points.

also would like you to notice the corona 1.3 score...number 1 <== very proud
and 2 seconds slower than a intel 7960x (i am guessing at stock but hey also a hell of a lot cheaper smile.gif

i thre them in spoilers as people yell at me when i flood the threads smile.gif
oh another thing i stayed at 3200 but tightened the timings a little 14 13 13 but at 2T geardown haven't tested 1T yet

sory ninja edit.... also take note of the vrm temps @4g Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #20 of 744 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 08:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Have you increased SOC to around 1.050?
Nope, but I will and report back. Thank you for the suggestion. This is harder than I was imagining, but I've never been a good OC'er.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in