Asrock x399 Taichi/Fatality overclocking and unofficial support - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asrock x399 Taichi/Fatality overclocking and unofficial support

post #21 of 617 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 09:21 PM
Linux Lobbyist
tarot Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmerton View Post

So far so good with the medium template settings. This is the first time I've had 3200 up and running without any bsods. CPU is at 3.6ghz 1.1v and Prime has been running smoothly for at least an hour. Temps with case closed are hovering in mid 60's so I'm probably not going to push the OC much higher until I get a replacement Enermax 360. The first one had bad pump so I'm using a dual fan Noctua right now. At what point does the TR lose stability to cpu temp? And I guess same question about the VRM or when it starts throttling at least.

Is anyone using P states for their overclock? And a follow up question, does anyone speak German? Check this video out. https://youtu.be/83brAYq2uzE I copied his settings and seemed to work fine, but my DRAM was still a problem. And my cooler couldn't sustain those temps for long either.

sorry should quoted you i liked the videos and yes the overclock above is using pstates same settings as him including offset(nto that it matters if you run high performance power settings.

quick firestrike run to see how the physics went
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/13644975
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 617 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
chew* is on a distinguished road chew* is on a distinguished road chew* is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I spoke too soon, apparently. Prime for hours, stable. As soon as I stop and the system is idle, then I get bsod. It's driving me crazy.

Do me a favor try this out.

In my template change tWRWR SD to 6 and change tRDRD SD to 4 and let me know if your problem goes away.

I was discussing this with TheStilt Pre launch, not sure why its swapping them to offset instead of matched with DR and was unsure if it was agesa or asrock related.

Single rank sticks are not activating a "delay" by default.

The problem with the internet today is the lack of accountability.

On pc forums User A says no its safe costs users B,C an D $600 to find out he was wrong. User A gets off scot free.

On the race car forums it is no different except $ amount. User A says turn the boost up to 26lbs. User B,C and D lifted a head gasket,cracked a piston ring, melted a piston...or worse just sent a rod through block due to detonation. $3k in damages. User A gets off scot free.

Avoid the A's they will put a hole in your wallet.
post #23 of 617 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 01:42 AM
New to Overclock.net
timmerton Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chew* View Post

Do me a favor try this out.

In my template change tWRWR SD to 6 and change tRDRD SD to 4 and let me know if your problem goes away.

I was discussing this with TheStilt Pre launch, not sure why its swapping them to offset instead of matched with DR and was unsure if it was agesa or asrock related.

Single rank sticks are not activating a "delay" by default.

Thanks I will try that. I increased SOC to 1.05 but sure enough after a few minutes in Windows with just CPU-Z and Core Temp open it went blank and restarted, didn't even notice a BS this time. So weird that under load it's good for hours but then on it's lunch break it just up and quits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 617 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 02:56 AM
Linux Lobbyist
tarot Level 1

Quote:

Chew, are you having to over volt your ram at all? I have 64gb of 3200 trident z (16x4) and it is not stable with the xmp profile so I've taken it down to 3066. I will try these timings in a bit, thanks.

Edit: on Taichi with bios 1.5

if what you are doing doesn't work try 2933 (i ahev had luck with that on weird sticks with ryzen...seems to be a bit of a safe spot)
post #25 of 617 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
chew* is on a distinguished road chew* is on a distinguished road chew* is on a distinguished road

Added a medium SR template with a prime 24 hour run.

I'm also idling them after stopping for a bit....no shutdowns noted so far.

On pc forums User A says no its safe costs users B,C an D $600 to find out he was wrong. User A gets off scot free.

On the race car forums it is no different except $ amount. User A says turn the boost up to 26lbs. User B,C and D lifted a head gasket,cracked a piston ring, melted a piston...or worse just sent a rod through block due to detonation. $3k in damages. User A gets off scot free.

post #26 of 617 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 09:18 PM
Linux Lobbyist
tarot Level 1

Quote:

Added a medium SR template with a prime 24 hour run.

I'm also idling them after stopping for a bit....no shutdowns noted so far.

do you do that hci memtest thing a well?
i have done it a few times but not overly convinced on the programmes stability(but then what program really is smile.gif )
post #27 of 617 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Needs like 1000% then even so it does not seem to detect a flaky imc giving you false positive that your stable.

Once you toss load at mem and cpu it fails prime.

I run prime blend 90% ram burning with heaven looping and sound up listening for crackling.

Still not perfect but its a pretty damn good gauntlet that is very hard to pass.

post #28 of 617 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 12:21 AM
Linux Lobbyist
tarot Level 1

Quote:

Needs like 1000% then even so it does not seem to detect a flaky imc giving you false positive that your stable.

Once you toss load at mem and cpu it fails prime.

I run prime blend 90% ram burning with heaven looping and sound up listening for crackling.

Still not perfect but its a pretty damn good gauntlet that is very hard to pass.

thanks for that never thought off using prime and heaven etc together.
i,ll give that a shot.

now watercooling question
i have hooked up the ek pump to the block on the table nothing else

the pump has 1 outlet and 2 inlets that seem to be chamfered
i simply screwed in a compression fitting started it up and it started leaking....not a lot but enough to scare the crap out of me smile.gif

i had a jury rigged ball and **** drain hooked to the other outlet via the adapter it was then i realised that the compression fitting does not screw in right.

is there a specific fitting i need to use on the outlets to plug in compression fittings.
i ditched the pump put the supplied adapter on the front outlet and hooked it up and apart from the pump generating more heat than a cpu it seems to be running ok with no leaks.

so pointers?
is it just a mail/female adapter like what was supplied?
post #29 of 617 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 12:31 AM
New to Overclock.net
timmerton Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarot View Post

if what you are doing doesn't work try 2933 (i ahev had luck with that on weird sticks with ryzen...seems to be a bit of a safe spot)
Well before when I was having trouble with bs I clocked the mem down to 3066 and it seemed fine. So I'm trying to dial in Chew's settings at 3200. I figured I'd start with the medium settings and see if they worked. I think they do when under load. But there's some kind of weird (voltage?) problem when at idle. I've tried a number of settings to try to correct it with no luck. HPET, went from stable mode to OC, disabled all network controllers except my single ethernet. And still, within minutes of loading windows I get a bsod with various error codes. I don't think the bs code itself is important because it seems to be a memory problem rather than driver, OS or other hardware. Having said that, this is not my day job so I could be ass wrong.

I'm not sure what to do. I have a lot of information at my disposal but it's guesswork for a layman like myself. I may dial down to 3000 and focus more on CPU OC and temp regulation because that will probably have more benefit to my everyday workflow than anything else.

EDIT: But I want it to work so bad and I'm going to be OCD about this for a while! At the very least I want to know where the problem is and if I can't fix it then I can move on.
post #30 of 617 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I will make a profile that you can just shove on your usb stick. Load it. Lmk if it works without issues....i think i know what was happening.

Systems been idling for hours no issues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in