Ryzen BIOS mods + how to update BIOS correctly - Page 113 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Ryzen BIOS mods + how to update BIOS correctly

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1121 of 1230 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 02:08 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
gerardfraser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 583
Rep: 75 (Unique: 58)
Quote: Originally Posted by dspx View Post
I saw that Buildzoid said that spread spectrum can't be disabled on this board, is that true? If it is, how does it affect overclocking stability?

I am looking at purchasing it asap, so every bit of information would be great!

Thank you
Sorry I am responding so late but I have not been on this forum.I also see you said you might be going with new chipset.
I will give you some information on the MSI X470 Gaming Plus performance and the motherboard works great for me.

There is BCLK overclock in BIOS.
Spread spectrum can be disabled but I have not and I run the 2600X at this moment with Offset voltage with XFR/PBO and the 2600X runs @ Max boost of 4250Mhz when gaming.

I have run the Motherboard and 2600X overclock with default setting up to 4400Mhz and Memory up to DDR4 3600Mhz.

Today I will be doing RTX 2080 SLI on this Motherboard which does not support SLI.I will also will not be using NVLink Bridge.

I also will be updating BIOS to newest 7B79vA7 and running DDR4 3600Mhz with SLI for stability testing.

Past testing on this MSI X470 Gaming Plus

Cinbench -1513/181
Spoiler!


FIRESTRIKE -22545
Spoiler!


Videos with different clock speeds on 2600X up to-4400Mhz
Spoiler!


DDR4 AIDA Test CL14 3200Mhz/3466Mhz/3600Mhz and CL16 3200Mhz/3466Mhz/3600Mhz
Spoiler!

Last edited by gerardfraser; 02-25-2019 at 02:12 PM.
gerardfraser is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1122 of 1230 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 03:14 PM
....
 
dspx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 186
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by gerardfraser View Post
Sorry I am responding so late but I have not been on this forum.I also see you said you might be going with new chipset.
I will give you some information on the MSI X470 Gaming Plus performance and the motherboard works great for me.

There is BCLK overclock in BIOS.
Spread spectrum can be disabled but I have not and I run the 2600X at this moment with Offset voltage with XFR/PBO and the 2600X runs @ Max boost of 4250Mhz when gaming.

I have run the Motherboard and 2600X overclock with default setting up to 4400Mhz and Memory up to DDR4 3600Mhz.

Today I will be doing RTX 2080 SLI on this Motherboard which does not support SLI.I will also will not be using NVLink Bridge.

I also will be updating BIOS to newest 7B79vA7 and running DDR4 3600Mhz with SLI for stability testing.

Past testing on this MSI X470 Gaming Plus

Cinbench -1513/181
Spoiler!


FIRESTRIKE -22545
Spoiler!


Videos with different clock speeds on 2600X up to-4400Mhz
Spoiler!


DDR4 AIDA Test CL14 3200Mhz/3466Mhz/3600Mhz and CL16 3200Mhz/3466Mhz/3600Mhz
Spoiler!
Thank you for your answer, I will postpone buying the motherboard as I bought a memory kit with a faulty module, I thought previously that B350 was the problem.
I will probably wait for an X570 or B550.

Ryzen 7 1700 - 3.8 GHz @ 1.256 V Asus Prime B350-Plus Noctua NH-D15 • Corsair RM550x Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Hynix AFR @ 3133 MHz 16-17-17-17-30-42, 1.385 V
dspx is offline  
post #1123 of 1230 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter
AMD overclocker/engineer
 
1usmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Ukraine / Germany
Posts: 1,432
Rep: 225 (Unique: 109)
Quote: Originally Posted by mahN4 View Post
@1usmus is it possible to mod the extreme tweaker tab on ASUS boards, to add performance enhancer and core performance boost(with enable, this would unlock BCLK OC on strix boards) ? I was looking at the tutorials, but as I understand, we can only modify the CBS menu?
Thanks for the answer!
this is an individual CH6 /CH7 feature

Stand#1 Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX (bacth 1817) @3.8-4.3 + Liqtech 240 * MSI MEG CREATION * G.Skill [email protected] * XFX R7 370 OC * Corsair HX750i * Samsung 960 PRO * Benq BL3201PT
Stand#2 Ryzen 2700X (bacth 1805) @4.2-4.35 + NZXT Kraken x62 * MSI M7 AC * G.Skill [email protected]3733CL14 * MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X * Corsair HX750i * Samsung 970 PRO
DRAM Calculator for Ryzen™ 1.4.1 by me + TM 5 0.12 1usmus config v3 (memory test)
How to update BIOS correctly + Unlocked AMD_CBS for Ryzen motherboard
1usmus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1124 of 1230 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 10:12 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 11
Rep: 0
The core performance boost option is indeed CH6, CH7 feature, but the performance enhancer is also preset on the Asus Strix X470-F. So there is no option to mod this to x370-F Strix?

Or does the "Precision Boost Overdrive Scalar"(which you already unlocked on many x370 boards) just do what the performance enhancer does:


(from elmor)

Level 1

PPT Limit = 1000W
TDC Limit = 1000A
EDC Limit = 150A
Customized Precision Overdrive (Scalar) = 10X

Level 2

PPT Limit = 1000W
TDC Limit = 1000A
EDC Limit = 1000A
Customized Precision Overdrive (Scalar) = 10X

Level 3 (OC)

Tweak from The Stilt which disables the power and current calculation, you might see the SMU calculated power/current in HWInfo showing 0 when using it.

Level 4 (OC)

The tweak from The Stilt + Level 2 XFR2 settings. I think Level 4 is way higher than most will be able to run, typically yielding something like 4.35G 1T and 4.30G nT frequency.


Are the "The Stilt tweaks" just "Precision Boost Overdrive Scalar" settings or are these individual settings, which can we also change?
mahN4 is offline  
post #1125 of 1230 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 07:57 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
dobermann24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 17
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by mahN4 View Post
The core performance boost option is indeed CH6, CH7 feature, but the performance enhancer is also preset on the Asus Strix X470-F. So there is no option to mod this to x370-F Strix?

Or does the "Precision Boost Overdrive Scalar"(which you already unlocked on many x370 boards) just do what the performance enhancer does:


(from elmor)

Level 1

PPT Limit = 1000W
TDC Limit = 1000A
EDC Limit = 150A
Customized Precision Overdrive (Scalar) = 10X

Level 2

PPT Limit = 1000W
TDC Limit = 1000A
EDC Limit = 1000A
Customized Precision Overdrive (Scalar) = 10X

Level 3 (OC)

Tweak from The Stilt which disables the power and current calculation, you might see the SMU calculated power/current in HWInfo showing 0 when using it.

Level 4 (OC)

The tweak from The Stilt + Level 2 XFR2 settings. I think Level 4 is way higher than most will be able to run, typically yielding something like 4.35G 1T and 4.30G nT frequency.


Are the "The Stilt tweaks" just "Precision Boost Overdrive Scalar" settings or are these individual settings, which can we also change?
I have the asus rog strix x470-f gaming but whit the amd ryzen 5 2600 they don't work... I don't think on the x370 they work.
dobermann24 is offline  
post #1126 of 1230 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 12:43 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
ZeroCoolRiddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 20
Rep: 0
Seems logical, cause the non-x cpus don't support pbo.
ZeroCoolRiddler is offline  
post #1127 of 1230 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 03:34 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
dobermann24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 17
Rep: 0
@1usmus
A new update ist out. Can you update the mod please.

Version 4406
2019/03/089.98 MBytes
ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING BIOS 4406
Update AGESA 0070 for the upcoming processors and improve some CPU compatibility.
ASUS strongly recommends that you update AMD chipset driver 18.50.16 or later before updating BIOS.
dobermann24 is offline  
post #1128 of 1230 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter
AMD overclocker/engineer
 
1usmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Ukraine / Germany
Posts: 1,432
Rep: 225 (Unique: 109)
I strongly advise against installing a new AGESA combo AM4 0.0.7.0 and 0.0.7.2

There is a significant deterioration in Inter-Core Latency from 73.3 to 77.7 (5%), Inter-Core Bandwidth from 59.5 to 56.72 (4.9%) and U0-U12 Data Latency from 105 to 112.7ns (7%)

Test package - SiSoftware Sandra, the preset below
Spoiler!


Results

1.0.0.6
Spoiler!


0.0.7.2
Spoiler!

Stand#1 Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX (bacth 1817) @3.8-4.3 + Liqtech 240 * MSI MEG CREATION * G.Skill [email protected] * XFX R7 370 OC * Corsair HX750i * Samsung 960 PRO * Benq BL3201PT
Stand#2 Ryzen 2700X (bacth 1805) @4.2-4.35 + NZXT Kraken x62 * MSI M7 AC * G.Skill [email protected]3733CL14 * MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X * Corsair HX750i * Samsung 970 PRO
DRAM Calculator for Ryzen™ 1.4.1 by me + TM 5 0.12 1usmus config v3 (memory test)
How to update BIOS correctly + Unlocked AMD_CBS for Ryzen motherboard

Last edited by 1usmus; 03-10-2019 at 06:53 AM.
1usmus is offline  
post #1129 of 1230 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 04:32 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
dobermann24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 17
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by 1usmus View Post
I strongly advise against installing a new AGESA combo AM4 0.0.7.0 and 0.0.7.2

There is a significant deterioration in Inter-Core Latency from 73.3 to 77.7 (5%), Inter-Core Bandwidth from 59.5 to 56.72 (4.9%) and U0-U12 Data Latency from 105 to 112.7ns (7%)

Test package - SiSoftware Sandra, the preset below
Spoiler!


Results

1.0.0.6
Spoiler!


0.0.7.2
Spoiler!
OH okay. What a ****. Why is this so?

But they update ist for the new amd ryzen. 3000 or not?
dobermann24 is offline  
post #1130 of 1230 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 05:20 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Hwgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 301
Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Also lost performance with this update, getting 3750 on R20 with PBO that looks like not working (same max power ~125W).
2700X stock cooler /Asus Prime Pro X470 .
Edit: looks like tweaking in Ryzen master raised the power usage, and now it can go ~150W.

Last edited by Hwgeek; 03-11-2019 at 05:27 AM.
Hwgeek is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Seth-01
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off