Ryzen BIOS mods + how to update BIOS correctly - Page 162 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Ryzen BIOS mods + how to update BIOS correctly

post #1611 of 1614 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 10:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I'm trying to update my b350 asus tuf gaming to a 5007 modded bios but when I tried to update the official 5007 bios in step 1 I get "error 4 signature incorrect" and it wont update. Anyone know why the first step would not be working for me? I updated to the official 5007 bios from ezflasher and it worked fine there.

Edit - Nevermind I got it figured out now.

Last edited by 2600ryzen; 11-02-2019 at 12:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1612 of 1614 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 01:14 PM
Tinker

Quote: Originally Posted by nbot View Post
Ok, I'm pretty sure I saw it underneath the GPU heat sink part, but I might be wrong
Any details would be really apprieciated.
Some more questions:
- How far did you go with modding? If you have any pictures showing Bios chip it would be really cool.
- Few pages ago you mentioned you have unlocked Bios. What is exactly unlocked there?
- Is it 25XXX or 24XXX EPROM ?
- Did you try to patch CPU microcodes with most recent UBU and flash it? Did it work?
- Were you able to lunch Windows with microcodes updated? Any BSODs ?
- Have you tried the modded Bios with Ryzen 3rd gen CPU ?

Thanks
Been traveling i will get you the photos this week sorry for the delay.
1. my bios is fully unlocked for all features. The down side is once its unlocked you need to manually setup the fan curve in the bios.
2. If i recall right i think its a 24xx.
3. I have patched the micro codes using UBU if you look at what it says it patched you'll find that it did not add the missing micro code for zen+ or zen2.
4. i was able to boot with the patched codes no problem.
5. As the bios still reports the AGESA for the chips it was originally shipped with i have not tried adding a zen+ or zen2 based cpu.
post #1613 of 1614 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 04:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Draklord View Post
Been traveling i will get you the photos this week sorry for the delay.
1. my bios is fully unlocked for all features. The down side is once its unlocked you need to manually setup the fan curve in the bios.
2. If i recall right i think its a 24xx.
3. I have patched the micro codes using UBU if you look at what it says it patched you'll find that it did not add the missing micro code for zen+ or zen2.
4. i was able to boot with the patched codes no problem.
5. As the bios still reports the AGESA for the chips it was originally shipped with i have not tried adding a zen+ or zen2 based cpu.
I decided to stop the investigation process for now because it's the only laptop I have currently and I use it for work so if it goes to hell I have nothing to work on
But in my case when I run UBU it actually replaced some microcodes - have you been using the most up to date UBU version?

I'm not sure if replacing microcodes would be enough, because there might be some other modules that need to be replaced too. But as I said I'm a newbie and don't take my word for granted... Maybe somebody more experienced could chime in? I think the ultimate test would be plugging in newer CPUs and see if that works

I found the other chip on the back side of MB as you mentioned but you can still post pictures so others might find it useful in the future

Can you post modified BIOS image somewhere?

Last edited by nbot; 11-05-2019 at 09:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1614 of 1614 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 05:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hello

Thank you for this lovely information on how to update bios

I have 2 questions :
1. Can i use Afuefix64 aew.f10c /P /B /N /K /X /CLRCFG or it should be .cap ?
Motherboard is x570 aorus elite wifi and i usually update bios via Qflash ( i have problem with xmp on my motherboard cannot boot when i turn it on ram is 16gbx2 corsair ddr4 3200 cl16 hynix afr on latest update Which is f10c , on bios F3b was working fine )
2. If xmp still have problem on F10c do you recommend i flash F3b back ?

Update : i tried flashing using afuefix64 and afugan and both give error 46 ... Only way i can flash bios without qflash is from dos ans efiflash app from gigabyte

Last edited by snipernote; 11-12-2019 at 08:46 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in