Asus & X399 The ROG Zenith Extreme: A Complaint & Bug Tracking Thread - Page 11 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asus & X399 The ROG Zenith Extreme: A Complaint & Bug Tracking Thread

post #101 of 1248 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter
In VB's Basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post

Issues I have had with the ZE are :-

i) Twice or so noted fan headers have had PWM stuck at x% in normal usage (not using sleep/resume), a repost of mobo solves issue. Non issue for me as it's been so rare that not even worth mentioning.

ii) PSU power active from wall plug, on post I will be in UEFI menu, as none of the SATA storage devices were detected. A repost of mobo solves issue. This has occurred on all UEFIs so far, again so rare it's a non issue for me.

Not saying there are not bugs/issues, but above is it for me.

My rig specs:-

TR 1950X
ASUS ZE
F4-3200C14D-16GTZ

RX VEGA 64
1x SATA SSD, 2x SATA HDD

6x Arctic Cooling F12 PWM, using 2x 4 in 1 molex powered cable but PWM from mobo. 1x Be Quiet Silent Wings 3 power/PWM from mobo. EK D5 PWM molex power but PWM mobo. All fans/pump controlled by ASUS ZE, via UEFI, based on water loop temp sensor connected to mobo. I use a total of 4 fan headers for PWM from mobo and 2 of the temps sensor headers.

4 of the rear USB are always occupied. Cherry MX Board 3.0 keyboard, Logitech G700S receiver, Logitech G700S charge cable, XBox 360 receiver. I also use the USB 3.0/2.0 headers from mobo for USB ports on case.

I don't use things like AURA, Ai Suite, etc. I set what I want using UEFI. Board RGB was set once via AURA, then never needed again so uninstalled. OLED, etc all work as I need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain29 View Post

-Uefi bios snapshot freezes bios (can not make snapshots for bug report)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmor View Post

Works for me. Anything you can think of that I can try to replicate the issue? I can get it to lock if I unplug the device before selecting it for saving the screenshot, but that's not really normal behavior.

I have had above on all UEFIs. The reason it occurs for me is when I use a USB stick with low free space. For example when USB stick has <~60MB I get freeze at UEFI snapshot, if it's ~100MB it's a non issue.

That is interesting that a USB Stick with 60Mb or less would crash it, sounds like a bug to me. Not a huge issue, but a bug nonetheless. I will add it to the OP as well.

Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 1248 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 03:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 57 (Unique: 44)
First, I would like to know why the settings in AiTweaker aren't synchronized with the ones under AMD CBS. If there is no reason it would be nice that they get synchronized for the sake of consistency and not to confuse the user. Second, it would be nice if you guys added some coloring to the voltages (yellow, purple, red). My Z97-A had it so I don't see why it's not present here. redface.gif

junkman
(20 items)
CPU
AMD RYZEN Threadripper 1950X
Motherboard
ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME
GPU
SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega 64
RAM
G.SKILL F4-3733C17D-8GVK
RAM
G.SKILL F4-3733C17D-8GVK
Hard Drive
Crucial MX300 275GB
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue 6TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
Cooling
RayStorm Neo sTR4
Cooling
HEATKILLER IV for RX Vega 56 & 64
Cooling
MO-RA3 360 PRO (18X 9G1224G101 Sanyo Denki)
Cooling
LAING D5 STRONG
Cooling
7X Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM
Case
LIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Operating System
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2760
Keyboard
Corsair Vengeance K65
Mouse
ZOWIE EC2-A
▲ hide details ▲
post #103 of 1248 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter
In VB's Basement

It sure would be preferable if it were AI Suit was in tune with the BIOS settings.

Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 1248 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter
In VB's Basement

With regards to the Official Changlog for the 0804 BIOS Relase

Quote:

1. Improve memory compatibility
2. Fix CPU abnormal temperature after clearing CMOS
3. Fix CPU/CHA Fan EQ mode issue under AI-suite 3
4. Fix PWM and DC mode display error for EXT_Fan under Fan Xpert

NOTICE: If you are upgrading from beta BIOS 0801 and have a SATA/NVMe RAID configuration, backup your data and remove the array before updating to this build.
If you are updating from any other BIOS version (e.g. 0701) or do not have any drives configured in RAID, you may update normally.

Clearly confirm this BIOS kills RAID Config. What are they up to over there ? Disappointing they have killed RAID to som extent. Here is to hoping more fixes with a later BIOS that will hopefully include the new AGESA.

post #105 of 1248 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter
In VB's Basement

Just as a reminder, anyone facing memory issues with the lates 0804 BIOS please post a Bug report here and we can make Asus aware. Please feel free to report any other issues also, but as we know the memory issues are still prevalent.

post #106 of 1248 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 03:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post

Just as a reminder, anyone facing memory issues with the lates 0804 BIOS please post a Bug report here and we can make Asus aware. Please feel free to report any other issues also, but as we know the memory issues are still prevalent.

this might be a dumb idea or more trouble then its worth but i wonder if there is a way to create a poll
submit the issue then if someone has experience the issue they could +1 it or vote yes or no
post #107 of 1248 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 05:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 291 (Unique: 127)
A few more fan tuning and control issues should be patched in this test BIOS. PWM/DC seems to detect properly. I still get bad min fan speed detected after running Q-Fan Tuning, but way more seldom (2 times out of 50). https://www.mediafire.com/file/f8b7sbaauk5ss94/ROG-ZENITH-EXTREME-ASUS-0012.zip
Quote:

Clearly confirm this BIOS kills RAID Config. What are they up to over there ? Disappointing they have killed RAID to som extent. Here is to hoping more fixes with a later BIOS that will hopefully include the new AGESA.

Not fully up to date on this, but most likely due to updated UEFI AMD RAID module which would be a change from AMD's side and not ours. The updated version is not backwards compatible, was the same situation when NVMe RAID support was added, any existing AHCI RAID array got lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartouille View Post

First, I would like to know why the settings in AiTweaker aren't synchronized with the ones under AMD CBS. If there is no reason it would be nice that they get synchronized for the sake of consistency and not to confuse the user. Second, it would be nice if you guys added some coloring to the voltages (yellow, purple, red). My Z97-A had it so I don't see why it's not present here. redface.gif

Because AMD CBS settings are provided by AMD in the base code structure, and we port some of the settings to AiTweaker. Could suggest to hide the options we port in CBS or something like that. Anyhow, we need to focus on fixing the bugs first.
post #108 of 1248 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter
In VB's Basement

Quote:

A few more fan tuning and control issues should be patched in this test BIOS. PWM/DC seems to detect properly. I still get bad min fan speed detected after running Q-Fan Tuning, but way more seldom (2 times out of 50). https://www.mediafire.com/file/f8b7sbaauk5ss94/ROG-ZENITH-EXTREME-ASUS-0012.zip
Quote:

Not fully up to date on this, but most likely due to updated UEFI AMD RAID module which would be a change from AMD's side and not ours. The updated version is not backwards compatible, was the same situation when NVMe RAID support was added, any existing AHCI RAID array got lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartouille View Post

Because AMD CBS settings are provided by AMD in the base code structure, and we port some of the settings to AiTweaker. Could suggest to hide the options we port in CBS or something like that. Anyhow, we need to focus on fixing the bugs first.

Understood, I did not think it would have been an AMD Module that was not backwards compatible that caused the issue, good to know and hopefully AMD can provide an updated version for this.

As for the test BIOS, Thanks we will have to give that a go and see if this has patched some of the FAN woes we have had. Can I assume your test BIOS is 0804 just with the extra Fan patches ? @elmor

post #109 of 1248 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 06:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:

FANS !! I'll give it ago this weekend

is 0012 built ontop of 804 ?? (just wondering)
post #110 of 1248 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 06:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
download link not working for bios please fix.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in