Asus & X399 The ROG Zenith Extreme: A Complaint & Bug Tracking Thread - Page 122 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asus & X399 The ROG Zenith Extreme: A Complaint & Bug Tracking Thread

post #1211 of 1236 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 11:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 105 (Unique: 76)
Quote: Originally Posted by sKutDeath View Post
I am really suprised that all the new ASUS boards have the same problem/challenge, besides all looking the same with the same options, they all have this new PCIE spacing due to the new VRM setup along the top of the board effectively shifting everything down and killing the one slot airgap between 2 MSI RTX 2080 Ti's Lightning Z's. Now of course a person could consider such a configuration a niche market item, but some of us do want Enthusiast Hardware and will continue to buy it. The suppliers should not offer something that is not refined and/or finished... But that is another story....
Agree with all of this. It's time for the XL-ATX format to come back. E-ATX is too small for these new HEDT builds.
Quote: Originally Posted by goldenleaf View Post
That's a beauty!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks! It looks better in person actually. Hard to photograph. I have a push-pull 480mm radiator running at the top and another push-pull 360mm at the bottom, dual-bay reservoir and two DDC 3.25s in series. I like to use quick-disconnects as well since they let me change out hardware or service the loop much easier. At some point I'll need to reverse the flow of the loop to stop the intake and outlet piping of the reservoir/pumps from crossing each other just to improve aesthetics, but for now it's good enough.

Last edited by dejanh; 02-27-2019 at 12:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1212 of 1236 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 11:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by dejanh View Post
Agree with all of this. It's time for the XL-ATX format to come back. E-ATX is too small for these new HDET builds.

Thanks! It looks better in person actually. Hard to photograph. I have a push-pull 480mm radiator running at the top and another push-pull 360mm at the bottom, dual-bay reservoir and two DDC 3.25s in series. I like to use quick-disconnects as well since they let me change out hardware or service the loop much easier. At some point I'll need to reverse the flow of the loop to stop the intake and outlet piping of the reservoir/pumps from crossing each other just to improve aesthetics, but for now it's good enough.

Couldn't agree more, and yes very nice setup!
post #1213 of 1236 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 06:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

I have just moved to a ZEA from my woefull experince with the ZE.

Agree that it feels like a finished product.Only downside is the GPU spacing. My 2 ASUS Dual 2080ti cards sit very close to each other. There is only a couple of mm gap between the 2 cards and the one closest to the CPU runs 10-15 degrees C hotter under load as a result of the reduced airflow. Waiting for my NVlink bridge to see what the impact is on running together.

AIDA64 doesn't support monitoring all the FANs yet but AIDA support have advised that they will include the ZEA in the next beta.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1214 of 1236 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 10:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

64GB of G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C16D-32GTZRX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 AMD @ 3200 XMP works fine on ZEA.

128GB @ 3200 will not boot. Get all sorts of strange errors. Windows goes into recovery mode. Even got a check CPU error.

Back to 2133Mhz stock speed and boots as normal. Looks like I have to choose between 128G of stock or 64G of 3200. )
post #1215 of 1236 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 03:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by sirlach View Post
I have just moved to a ZEA from my woefull experince with the ZE.

Agree that it feels like a finished product.Only downside is the GPU spacing. My 2 ASUS Dual 2080ti cards sit very close to each other. There is only a couple of mm gap between the 2 cards and the one closest to the CPU runs 10-15 degrees C hotter under load as a result of the reduced airflow. Waiting for my NVlink bridge to see what the impact is on running together.

AIDA64 doesn't support monitoring all the FANs yet but AIDA support have advised that they will include the ZEA in the next beta.

Please let me know how that works for you. The ZEA shouldn't have any problems with the RAM, But I want to know if you have problems after putting on that 3-Slot NVLink bridge. Still afraid to try again on this board, I was actually waiting till my ZE came back due to the PCIE spacing...
post #1216 of 1236 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 04:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Running the cards in NVLink means they both run hotter and the temps were sitting around 70 degrees on the card with the most restricted airflow. Unless I want to run my Front intake fans at 100% all the time I don't think enough airflow can get between the cards.

Testing on some games and there still seems to be issues with NVLink / SLI so I have decided to go back to single GPU setup for now. Not worth the hassle.
post #1217 of 1236 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 09:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by sirlach View Post
Running the cards in NVLink means they both run hotter and the temps were sitting around 70 degrees on the card with the most restricted airflow. Unless I want to run my Front intake fans at 100% all the time I don't think enough airflow can get between the cards.

Testing on some games and there still seems to be issues with NVLink / SLI so I have decided to go back to single GPU setup for now. Not worth the hassle.

Yes, I am doing the same. The NVLink problems and temps are obviously too high. I hope my ZE comes back fixed. I even built in two 120 MM Fans on the case side panel, and push or pull, little to no difference whatsover. They are just too close together on this board...
post #1218 of 1236 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 02:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

I think the only thing you could do if you really needed SLI was to get the thinner cards like the Turbo cards but then they might not be as efficient in getting the heat off the chip itself.
post #1219 of 1236 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 11:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Anyone tried the new 1701 BIOS update yet?

There are two major products that came out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.
-- Jeremy S. Anderson
post #1220 of 1236 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 12:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 17)
havent seen any probs on bios 1701 yet - been running since day it came out - if anything ram clocks are requiring less v

project blackout
(17 items)
blood and jack
(12 items)
CPU
amd ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz
Motherboard
asus crosshair vi extreme
GPU
asus gtx 780 dcii oc 3gb
GPU
asus gtx 780 dcii oc 3gb
RAM
corsair dominator rog edition 3200mhz 16gb
Hard Drive
corsair neutron nx500 400gb pcie nvme ssd
Hard Drive
corsair neutron gtx 480gb sata ssd
Optical Drive
asus
Power Supply
antec tpq-1200 oc edition
Cooling
custom ek water
Case
corsair obsidian 800d
Operating System
win 10 pro
Monitor
lg 32" tv
Keyboard
asus rog mechanical
Mouse
asus rog
Mouse
asus rog
Audio
lg 5.1 surround
CPU
fx-9590
Motherboard
asus crosshair v formula
GPU
asus gtx 780 oc dcii
GPU
asus gtx 780 oc dcii
RAM
corsair dominator gt 1866 16gb
Hard Drive
corsair neutron gtx 480gb
Hard Drive
corsair neutron gtx 480gb
Optical Drive
asus dvd r/rw
Power Supply
antec 1200 tpq oc
Cooling
corsair h100
Case
corsair 800d obsidian
Operating System
windows 10 64-bit
Monitor
lg 32" tv
Keyboard
asus rog
Mouse
asus rog
Mouse
asus rog
Audio
surround 5.1
Other
cumfy couch
CPU
1950x
Motherboard
zenith extreme
RAM
g.skill
Hard Drive
various m.2 nvme and sata ssd's
Power Supply
antec tpq 1200 x2
Cooling
ek full board monoblock
Cooling
27x120 fans
Cooling
120x480x60 rads x2
Cooling
120x360x60 rad x1
Case
open bench
Operating System
win 7 pro / win 10 pro
Monitor
samsung curved 24"
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in