Asus & X399 The ROG Zenith Extreme: A Complaint & Bug Tracking Thread - Page 124 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asus & X399 The ROG Zenith Extreme: A Complaint & Bug Tracking Thread

post #1231 of 1251 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 07:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
i foudn the issue. It was cause by overclocking enchancment from BIOS!. It was enables. Once set to auto it revelse true temperatures.

With new temperatures i'm disappointed.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-w...aterblock.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1232 of 1251 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 04:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Finally got my ZE up to speed and working with the 2 x 2080 Ti's in SLI/NVLink. Turns out there were bent pins on the socket keeping the Quad Memory Controller from Running Quad RAM. To make it short and simple, fired up the first time with 4 DIMMS filled with 3200Mhz CL.14 RAM. Booted the very first time and everything works. Been tweaking and testing the last week and have got it running with my 2970WX @ 4.2. SLI/NVLink installed without one single hikkup or problem. Have even re-installed Afterburner and have the 2 cards clocked @ +48Mhz Core & +1000Mhz VRAM with temps not going over 79° during BFV or Port Royal DLSS Test, (with a very ambitious fan curve). Not sure what to say other than I tried SLI/NVLink with 2 x 2080 Ti's on 2 different systems, one the x399 ZEA and the other a X99 system with a Core i7 5960X and both had problems due to the 3-Slot design. The 4-Slot design with this ZE worked before and works now with no problems. The other 2 always led to some type of VBIOS corruption after a crash or BOD. BFV did cause 1 BOD in the beginning but has since not been a problem. I do have frame drops now and then and I am still investigating my background processes and trying to get my Project Lasso correctly configured but all in all I am satisfied atm.

And before anybody reminds me YES, I know that BFV doesn't support SLI/NVLink in DX12. But my card that does get utilized was getting real poor performance before with the ZEA when I had both cards installed. Now it runs like I only have one installed. Let just hope multi GPU will get support in the future in more DX12 games.

Last edited by sKutDeath; 03-29-2019 at 05:05 AM.
post #1233 of 1251 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 105 (Unique: 76)
New UEFI is out for the Zenith Extreme Alpha. It has an ambiguous change log saying "Enhanced Security". No stability improvements with DRAM. No visible changes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1234 of 1251 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 06:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

I found a bug?

When I chang the Distributed (UMA) to Local (NUMA) memory mode in BIOS,

the DRAM became unstable until I remove and reinsert the memory sticks.

4 x F4-3200C16S-16GTZR, Distributed mode, Latency=101ns

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AAA - copy.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	264870  

Name:	Local_mode.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	264872  

Name:	die_mode.png
Views:	3
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	264878  

Last edited by neil_tohno; 04-14-2019 at 03:27 PM.
post #1235 of 1251 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 02:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by dejanh View Post
New UEFI is out for the Zenith Extreme Alpha. It has an ambiguous change log saying "Enhanced Security". No stability improvements with DRAM. No visible changes.
maybe there just changing the master keys for the auto updates since there auto update tool and servers were compromised a month ago
"they say it just effects laptops"

Quote: Originally Posted by neil_tohno View Post
I found a bug?

When I chang the Distributed (UMA) to Local (NUMA) memory mode in BIOS,

the DRAM became unstable until I remove the memory and before reinserting the memory.

4 x F4-3200C16S-16GTZR, Distributed mode, Latency=101ns

change your speed manually to 2933 after setting the profile overclock - it should be stable then - this has been an issue since the release of ZE - if you only use 2 sticks of ram you should have a better chance of being stable
*it could be heat related but I personally didn't see anything outline with my build
*the more cores on your chip also seem create a limit too (just by reading issues on forms I am assuming this)

my friend has an asrock board and we didn't have this issue
post #1236 of 1251 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 03:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Brain29 View Post
change your speed manually to 2933 after setting the profile overclock - it should be stable then - this has been an issue since the release of ZE - if you only use 2 sticks of ram you should have a better chance of being stable
*it could be heat related but I personally didn't see anything outline with my build
*the more cores on your chip also seem create a limit too (just by reading issues on forms I am assuming this)
that is actually true with AZA .. it looks like timings or something is getting messed up.
Each time i want to test new Frequency and timing on RAM i have to clear cmos and load a new profile. This is the best chance that new values are actually getting assigned.
post #1237 of 1251 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 09:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by MacMus View Post
i have to clear cmos and load a new profile. This is the best chance that new values are actually getting assigned.
clearing cmos on this board doesn't work correctly nor dose re flashing a fresh bios - there is weird ghosting history that lingers that usually takes 3-4 weeks to garbage collect itself out of the uefi chip

its a fun guessing game but every problem I have had with this board has lead back to something strange with the UEFI chip and old history sometimes re-flashing 10 times in a row will completely correct this -- I have yet to see a error free release from asus i think 802 or 902 was the closest then amd released a new update and asus seemed to just port an older uefi with the update and reverted back
post #1238 of 1251 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 10:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Brain29 View Post
clearing cmos on this board doesn't work correctly nor dose re flashing a fresh bios - there is weird ghosting history that lingers that usually takes 3-4 weeks to garbage collect itself out of the uefi chip

its a fun guessing game but every problem I have had with this board has lead back to something strange with the UEFI chip and old history sometimes re-flashing 10 times in a row will completely correct this -- I have yet to see a error free release from asus i think 802 or 902 was the closest then amd released a new update and asus seemed to just port an older uefi with the update and reverted back
i must agree with you there is something really strange .. some ghost in the machine **** going on with AZE and now also present with Alpha .. i have a good experience with that while trying to overclock the RAM... sometimes new settings got "saved" right away (in this case lot of changes in timings etc) sometimes it just take several reloads or cmos reset to see it happens. The best way to experience is to save profile to usb drive and try to joggle between them. Sometimes new settings just not get saved or something... Very annoying bug.

Anyways .. anyhow knows how to save preset of bios to actually store it on board not on usb drvie ? I don't see that is possible on that board, eventhough i save it to "1" and give it a name it not there anymore once the PC reboots and I reenter the bios.

Last edited by MacMus; 04-22-2019 at 11:46 PM.
post #1239 of 1251 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 11:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

what LLC setting you guys are using on your threadrippers?
post #1240 of 1251 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 01:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by MacMus View Post
what LLC setting you guys are using on your threadrippers?
Whatever stock is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in