Asus & X399 The ROG Zenith Extreme: A Complaint & Bug Tracking Thread - Page 128 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asus & X399 The ROG Zenith Extreme: A Complaint & Bug Tracking Thread

post #1271 of 1280 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 01:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by dejanh View Post
Careful with the new 1901 UEFI on the Zenith Alpha board (perhaps the same applies to original Zenith). One user reported exacerbated memory issues with this release. Not sure if flashback is possible. I do not dare test ATM because I need my machine to work.
Thanks.

Too late, I'm trapped

Name:  p1.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  46.9 KB

They add the change log:
Quote:
Version 1901
2019/06/115.67 MBytes
ROG ZENITH EXTREME BIOS 1901
Improve hardware monitoring compatibility with 3rd party applications.
Fixed a boot issue when using a Quadro K6000 GPU.
" Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (ZE.CAP) using BIOSRenamer.''

I found another problem ...

[Bluetooth] can’t send files to computer from smartphone
https://social.technet.microsoft.com...10itprogeneral

Last edited by neil_tohno; 06-27-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1272 of 1280 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 07:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

- 1901 broke memory support for Asus line
- New Chipset drivers broke StoreMI support

Well done AMD/Asus Zenith line was already bad as it is now it's just worthless.
post #1273 of 1280 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 07:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 105 (Unique: 76)
Quote: Originally Posted by MacMus View Post
- 1901 broke memory support for Asus line
- New Chipset drivers broke StoreMI support

Well done AMD/Asus Zenith line was already bad as it is now it's just worthless.
I do have to say that I have never seen this level of incompetence. It is downright mind-boggling. How can they be so bad? Are they not qualifying any hardware on these things and just doing the fixes and keeping their fingers crossed for an improvement? Absolutely stunning.

Quote: Originally Posted by neil_tohno View Post
Thanks.

Too late, I'm trapped
Flashback to prior release works thankfully. Just download the previous UEFI/BIOS and rename the file to ZE.CAP (for Zenith Extreme) or ZEA.CAP (for Zenith Extreme Alpha), put it in the root of a USB stick and use the flashback function at the back. To flashback:
- machine off, put USB into the appropriate flashback port
- press and hold the flashback button until it starts to blink at a steady rate
- leave alone until it stops flashing
- reboot, clear CMOS, then reboot again and set up your settings once more

Last edited by dejanh; 06-28-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1274 of 1280 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 12:36 AM
Meddling user

Rep: 741 (Unique: 345)
For me UEFIs so far on ZEA have had minor quirks.

0207 & 0405 both need CPU voltage mode changed from Auto to Offset/+/Auto to have stock clocks/voltages on 1950X. Both attained 3400MHz C15 1T using tightened other timings with SOC: 1.056 VDIMM: 1.355. This is +6mV on SOC & +5mV VDIMM than same CPU/RAM used on ZE.

1901 has the voltage quirk solved. Only issue so far I have had is ASUS TurboV Core v1.02.02 can freeze data under ASUS WMI section of HWINFO. PWM of headers is still reactive, I need to close TurboV and reopen HWINFO to gain back functioning monitoring data under header ASUS WMI. I have done a lot reruns of 3400MHz C14 1T now on 1901. I bumped SOC to 1.062V just thinking it may build some over provisioning in profile, I need at least 1.38V VDIMM to gain POST to OS if use C14 @ 3400MHz, below is longest run so far of RAM Test.

Spoiler!

From above I have tweaked:-

tRCDWR from 15 to 14
tRAS from 32 to 30
tRC from 46 to 44
tFAW from 32 to 30
tRFC from 274 to 272

I did bump VDIMM to 1.4V just to over provision for extra stability without testing a lot.

Spoiler!

I am also now using a higher bit pattern in the PMU training menu, originally 5 was used for 3400MHz C15/14 and now with more tightening down using 7. Below are result files from 3DM, been get some nice consistent runs now on W10 1903.

3DMFS_3400L.zip

Last edited by gupsterg; 06-29-2019 at 12:40 AM.
post #1275 of 1280 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 04:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

OH,NO

Two Days, I found nothing to make the memory stabilize.

I have flashed the 1701-BIOS, unplug the battery on the main board and re-install the battery, it's look like a foolish thing.

--------------------------
Edited,

Today, I flashed the 1701-BIOS again, it works.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CJR_04.png
Views:	18
Size:	317.5 KB
ID:	277646

Last edited by neil_tohno; 07-03-2019 at 11:48 AM.
post #1276 of 1280 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 08:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by neil_tohno View Post
OH,NO

Two Days, I found nothing to make the memory stabilize.

I have flashed the 1701-BIOS, unplug the battery on the main board and re-install the battery, it's look like a foolish thing.

--------------------------
Edited,

Today, I flashed the 1701-BIOS again, it works.

Attachment 277646
AZEA or OG?

so now works on new BISO ?
post #1277 of 1280 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 06:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

1901 Weirdness.

Rog Zenith Extreme Alpha Bios 1901.

O.K I have been striking some very odd problems.

1) Occasional complete power off for no apparent reason.

2) During a run of 3D Mark Time Spy Stress test saw the CPU temperature go to -128 and stay there, BTW at this point the CPU fans both stopped and you could fry and Egg on the cooler.

3) Sometimes on reboot it starts memory training in an very odd manner and eventually after about two mins go's to the oc fail screen, I haven't set any overclock other than specifying the memory as D.O.C.P standard and setting the voltages to 1.35 for my 3200Mhz corsair RGB memory 4 x 16GB.

4) I have found now twice the machine in a powered off state and it will not power on again until the mains power is cut, a count of 5 done and mains power re-established - at which times it boots normally.

At this time considering switching back to the original bios to see if these issues continue there.
post #1278 of 1280 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 07:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Chasse View Post
Rog Zenith Extreme Alpha Bios 1901.
O.K I have been striking some very odd problems.
1) Occasional complete power off for no apparent reason.
2) During a run of 3D Mark Time Spy Stress test saw the CPU temperature go to -128 and stay there, BTW at this point the CPU fans both stopped and you could fry and Egg on the cooler.
3) Sometimes on reboot it starts memory training in an very odd manner and eventually after about two mins go's to the oc fail screen, I haven't set any overclock other than specifying the memory as D.O.C.P standard and setting the voltages to 1.35 for my 3200Mhz corsair RGB memory 4 x 16GB.
4) I have found now twice the machine in a powered off state and it will not power on again until the mains power is cut, a count of 5 done and mains power re-established - at which times it boots normally.
At this time considering switching back to the original bios to see if these issues continue there.
Your problems aren't odd i went thru all above 4. Let me help you.

1. This is due to Asus SW or any "incompatible" monitoring software. Try removing first all asus OC/FAN related SW, you should stop having that.
2. Disable OC Enchancment in BIOS. This lowers temperature of sensor, so to enable greater OC. For me this is just stiupid feature, don't know what braindead engineer designed it.
3. Yep memory settings on this MOBO are nightmare. For me default "clean" BIOS settings do not work. Nether of BIOS presets nor DOCP profile. It took me many many hours to have it working stable @ 3200 or now at 3400. I figured out that on "cold boot" when PC always turn on twice it was always booting @ 3200.
I disabled S3+S5 so it will not put mobo in standby. Now it always boots up at 3200
4. HW monitoring software are not working nicly with this mobo, and they most of the time are causing it. Remove all monitoring SW and you will never experience power off again.
post #1279 of 1280 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 07:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

i am scared to upgrade 1701 .. maybe i will wait for next one gr.. it cost me weeks to have it working in this state. Playing with OC, voltage, RAM and god know what ..
post #1280 of 1280 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 08:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 105 (Unique: 76)
Quote: Originally Posted by MacMus View Post
Your problems aren't odd i went thru all above 4. Let me help you.

1. This is due to Asus SW or any "incompatible" monitoring software. Try removing first all asus OC/FAN related SW, you should stop having that.
2. Disable OC Enchancment in BIOS. This lowers temperature of sensor, so to enable greater OC. For me this is just stiupid feature, don't know what braindead engineer designed it.
3. Yep memory settings on this MOBO are nightmare. For me default "clean" BIOS settings do not work. Nether of BIOS presets nor DOCP profile. It took me many many hours to have it working stable @ 3200 or now at 3400. I figured out that on "cold boot" when PC always turn on twice it was always booting @ 3200.
I disabled S3+S5 so it will not put mobo in standby. Now it always boots up at 3200
4. HW monitoring software are not working nicly with this mobo, and they most of the time are causing it. Remove all monitoring SW and you will never experience power off again.
What ram do you have?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in