Asus & X399 The ROG Zenith Extreme: A Complaint & Bug Tracking Thread - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asus & X399 The ROG Zenith Extreme: A Complaint & Bug Tracking Thread

post #11 of 1291 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
In VB's Basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33tBastard View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumford View Post

Frak. I just odered this board on Thusday. You guys are scaring me already.

Hopefully you got a better deal than most who got it on "day one". This board was severely discounted during black Friday on Amazon. Like 350$ if I remember correctly.

Yeah, it was had at a good discount for sure, may be the discount was due to the boards poor support.

Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 1291 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 11:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
+1 for this thread. Unfortunately you hit the right spots with your thread. With me dropping 2k on an entire new system (coming from a 5960X+X99 ASRock board, incredibly reliable and stable), I thought I'd had a good experience with ASUS, since one of the main reasons I bought the ZE was the software support (looking at the mainboards available, basically all of them have an 8+2/8+3 configuration, veeeeeery similar specs wise), but since that is lacking I'm seriously considering to switch to a Taichi or a Pro Gaming by ASRock. It's a real shame that Intel users receive a special treatment.

post #13 of 1291 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 11:14 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
i wish i would of did my research here first on this board before i bought it. I would of defiantly bought a different board.

its sad that this board gets such little support for suppose to be a highend board.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 1291 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 11:22 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 12 (Unique: 9)
@ASUS

@elmor

@[email protected]

Dear ASUS

It is very clear by now that, Your Head of ROG motherboards department and Project Engineers for AMD x399 motherboards
have made a bet on releasing a ROG motherboard for Tr4 only to find out in time that You should have release instead a WS x399 motherboard, and thus left a ton of clients who did purchase Your Zenith Motherboard hanging there with no support development because of the cut in resources and funding that should be dedicated to this platform.

While It is understandable that You had to make a hard choice because PCIe gen 4 was still not available, there is no excuse for not debugging this BETA stage Motherboard so for it to have at least all of its basic features to work at AMD Tr4 specifications and capabilities.

I Hope that You do understand that if You do make a X399 motherboard it has to have all the slots IO connections to take full advantage of the whole 64 PCIe lanes offers.....You have fallen into the misconception that TR4 is about cores while it is instead about PCIe Lanes.
TR4 is designed for HPC not for Intel grade like HEDT.

AMD x399 HEDT motherboards should be HPC platform
Future ROG MB should come with as standard 7 16 PCIe lanes just as WS motherboards so that even gamers can run games using 6 gpus as SLI will not be necessary.

DEAR ASUS

The least You can do now, is to send an official letter of apologies to Your x399 customers and fire and replace the X399 platform Chief Officer, because this has become a Ethical problem now, for which the people who spend money of Your products demand amendments.

Until that moment I feel safe to say that Your x399 concept, quality, engineering, and support is a complete piece of cheap junk

Please do note that if You had made a 7 PCIe slots dual 10 Gbit ethernet IO WS motherboard or even a ROG one with these specifications, You would have sold it like bread even if Threadripper was coming in a 4 core variant.

This is a further reason for having Your Chief of X399 platform resign and be replaced, as You would have sold at least 70 times more than what You actually did. Your chief has caused You financial losses, bad reputation and catastrophic missed opportunities on x399.
post #15 of 1291 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 11:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L33tBastard View Post

Hopefully you got a better deal than most who got it on "day one". This board was severely discounted during black Friday on Amazon. Like 350$ if I remember correctly.

I ordered from Amazon, and then cancelled Amazon order and ordered at Newegg because it was a few bucks cheaper plus additional $130 combo discount with 1950x.
post #16 of 1291 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 11:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 853 (Unique: 325)
The code base / firmwares (AGESA) for Zeppelin is pretty mature at this point, so the lack of bios based on the latest AGESA isn't a big deal anymore. For example between the AGESA 1.0.0.3 & 1.0.0.4 (ThreadripperPI) there are no changes to any of the firmwares, which control the vast majority of the hardware. Basically the only changes to the bios code would be the changes affecting the platform specific custom code from the ODM side.
post #17 of 1291 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 11:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 53 (Unique: 39)
@ENTERPRISE Man finally some else speaks out!!! Asus has fallen so far from its original state and what we all have grown to expect and love.

Don't feel or think that they are doing this just to or/ happening to the x399 only check out the Rampage VI Extreme it is the same exact way, releasing BETA Bios's on this forum but NO information given as to what they fix and not on the support page. Drivers yea it would be extremely nice if they updated the drivers for our products more than release of product (i know they do somewhat but not keeping up with at least Intel release)

Don't get me started on there horrible Aura software that has been broken for how long now? I have read complaints with the same issues I am having from several years ago, still aren't fixed. There LiveDash software is just as broken as Aura.

X299 Skylake-X still does not have an option in the BIOS for SPD WRITE ENABLE so that a person can back up the SPD tables on memory, I have asked about this in several forums along with others on this forum and including their own forum and also called NOTHING has changed or any information given.

Thank you for taking the time to make this post I made these post before in several other threads and was pretty much told to complain to Asus WHICH i have done several times and filled out there worthless google form little support thing. They don't care they aren't going to change anything. I have contacted support via the phone several times each time to be told they don't help with software, than who does??

I wanted to let you know you are not alone my friend, and thank you for making this post and hopefully it will bring more light on issues.

Only way to change these issues is to vote with our wallets, I have decided once the EVGA x299 Dark comes out this Rampage VI Extreme will be for sale.

Intel i9 [email protected]
Evga Z390 Dark
G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600mhz
Asus Strix OC 2080Ti
Evga 1300 G2
Samsung CRG9
post #18 of 1291 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 11:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stilt View Post

The code base / firmwares (AGESA) for Zeppelin is pretty mature at this point, so the lack of bios based on the latest AGESA isn't a big deal anymore. For example between the AGESA 1.0.0.3 & 1.0.0.4 (ThreadripperPI) there are no changes to any of the firmwares, which control the vast majority of the hardware. Basically the only changes to the bios code would be the changes affecting the platform specific custom code from the ODM side.
Hey The Stilt, great job on the DRAM profiles, keep it up!
Unfortunately, it's not just the BIOS (I gotta be honest, I'm perfect as I am right now BIOS wise, even though I'd love to give a try to your mBIOS ASAP tongue.gif ), it's the entire platform to suffer from late (and few) updates. After 3 months, AURA, LiveDash and AISuite still have tons of problems...

post #19 of 1291 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 11:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 853 (Unique: 325)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReHWolution View Post

After 3 months, AURA, LiveDash and AISuite still have tons of problems...

Thanks.
Can't comment on the apps since I have never tried them whistle.gif
post #20 of 1291 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 02:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman2733 View Post

@ENTERPRISE Man finally some else speaks out!!! Asus has fallen so far from its original state and what we all have grown to expect and love.

Don't feel or think that they are doing this just happening to the x399 check out the Rampage VI Extreme it is the same exact way, releasing BETA Bios's on this forum but NO information given as to what they fix and not on the support page. Drivers yea it would be extremely nice if they updated the drivers for our products more than release of product (i know they do somewhat but not keeping up with at least Intel release)

Don't get me started on there horrible Aura software that has been broken for how long now? I have read complaints with the same issues I am having from several years ago, still aren't fixed. There LiveDash software is just as broken as Aura.

X299 still does not have an option in the BIOS for SPD WRITE ENABLE so that a person can back up the SPD tables on memory, I have asked about this in several forums along with others on this forum and including their own forum and also called NOTHING has changed or any information given.

Thank you for taking the time to make this post I made these post before in several other threads and was pretty much told to complain to Asus WHICH i have done several times and filled out there worthless google form little support thing. They don't care they aren't going to change anything. I have contacted support via the phone several times each time to be told they don't help with software, than who does??

I wanted to let you know you are not alone my friend, and thank you for making this post and hopefully it will bring more light on issues.

Only way to change these issues is to vote with our wallets, I have decided once the EVGA x299 Dark comes out this Rampage VI Extreme will be for sale.

Thank you a lot for sharing your frustration!

Let us hope that with both Teams united ASUS will do something about before we pull the trigger for other board vendor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in