Asus & X399 The ROG Zenith Extreme: A Complaint & Bug Tracking Thread - Page 28 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asus & X399 The ROG Zenith Extreme: A Complaint & Bug Tracking Thread

post #271 of 1270 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 02:58 PM
Meddling user

Rep: 730 (Unique: 342)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VileLasagna View Post

I'm on BIOS 902, previous one was 901 where some people were having memory issues and there's a BETA BIOS, 0019. is 0019 beta FOR 902, is it beta for a potential 903 in the future? Are my hopes futile? Shut up and do it? Get packing?

Any educated guesses? I'm shooting in the dark here =(

I use slots A1 and C1, F4-3200C14D-16GTZ.

0019 is 0901, AGESA 1.0.0.4, etc.

0019 has a patch to resolve issues with memory, that some RAM setups encounter on 0901.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1270 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 03:11 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
All sticks are the same (won't lie, was worried about this a bit), according to Thaiphoon Burner, Samsung B-Die single rank. They do have different temperature sensors, which was curious

I don't think that's the problem. That seems to be an issue when people start pushing or that memory doesn't detect properly...
My motherboard power cycles during memory detection. Part of me THINKS this might be busted, but it's not a happy prospect at all.

I'll try the other BIOS, it's not like there's much else I can do... Hopes aren't high, though, and I really needed this rig to be porperly up and functional by next up
post #273 of 1270 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 03:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 13)
If any of the dissatisfied customers of this board purchased it through Amazon, contact them and explain the issues your facing, they will accept the board back and issue a full refund. No point in begging for support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 1270 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 03:18 PM
Meddling user

post #275 of 1270 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 03:38 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
As expected, no dice... Also realized I mixed up the slots... I'm using C1 and D1 right now. A1 is the one that gives me the power cycle. Board seems to really not like anything in the black slots. C2+D2 power cycles even faster, A2+B2 post hangs in memory detection

Bonus points for the black and grey slots being opposite on my mobo and the manual?

So yeah... I think I need a new board. Intense sadness detected
post #276 of 1270 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 04:17 PM
Meddling user

Quote:

Bonus points for the black and grey slots being opposite on my mobo and the manual?

I qualify for bonus points too biggrin.gif .
Quote:

As expected, no dice... Also realized I mixed up the slots... I'm using C1 and D1 right now. A1 is the one that gives me the power cycle. Board seems to really not like anything in the black slots. C2+D2 power cycles even faster, A2+B2 post hangs in memory detection

So yeah... I think I need a new board. Intense sadness detected

Ahh sadsmiley.gif ....
post #277 of 1270 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 06:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 297 (Unique: 130)
Quote:
Originally Posted by keng View Post

Hah if only someone called the tried and true "Dazzle and switch" where mobo makers have a long list of features which are never made fully operational before the next generation of products rolls out.
The sucker who pays for it is, yup us, enthusiasts. thumb.gif

I wish this would be the case, there needs to be more scrutiny in this industry. The ones who have the power to make a dent are the reviewers, but most are busy trading good reviews for advertisement deals.
post #278 of 1270 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 06:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmor View Post

I wish this would be the case, there needs to be more scrutiny in this industry. The ones who have the power to make a dent are the reviewers, but most are busy trading good reviews for advertisement deals.

Now THAT IS THE TRUTH... Specialty the Youtube branch. Unfortunately, the saying "with power comes responsibility" does not seem to clue some or most of them in. Not at all... They are having a big party mostly looking to be entertainers and not reviewers in a true sense, not at all. The product is not important!

I'm always amazed to seem someone like der8auer (among others) having very few subscribes and then someone like Kyle or Paul having so many. This is also "our" fault, because we give value/power to the wrong folks.

This can be observed other places and in our society generally speaking, it is NOT exclusive to "our branch".
post #279 of 1270 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 08:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmor View Post

This was very apparent with all the X399 EK block reviews

P.S. @elmor
Thanks for sticking with us / keeping us updated -- dealing with our frustration with Asus
post #280 of 1270 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 09:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The L33t View Post

If any of the dissatisfied customers of this board purchased it through Amazon, contact them and explain the issues your facing, they will accept the board back and issue a full refund. No point in begging for support.

I made the mistake of buying the motherboard on newegg they have the worst RMA service all 4 times it took close to 2 weeks for a new board. It sat in process for days.

now its software that is driving me up the wall

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in