Asus & X399 The ROG Zenith Extreme: A Complaint & Bug Tracking Thread - Page 46 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Asus & X399 The ROG Zenith Extreme: A Complaint & Bug Tracking Thread

post #451 of 1301 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 03:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 353 (Unique: 157)
Sorry for the delays, it will still be a while until we're back on track with latest AGESA etc. We're keeping any official BIOS on AGESA 1.0.0.3 until we've sorted out the issues. What I've got right now is a beta BIOS 1001 with fixes for fan tuning (randomly detecting 9x%).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/x0iyim...-ASUS-1001.zip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 1301 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 04:06 AM - Thread Starter
In VB's Basement

Quote: Originally Posted by elmor View Post
Sorry for the delays, it will still be a while until we're back on track with latest AGESA etc. We're keeping any official BIOS on AGESA 1.0.0.3 until we've sorted out the issues. What I've got right now is a beta BIOS 1001 with fixes for fan tuning (randomly detecting 9x%).

Thanks bud ! Thanks for the update and new test BIOS.

Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form

post #453 of 1301 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 11:20 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 0
Thanks for the update Elmor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #454 of 1301 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 07:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)

haven't played with anything else but qfan .. haven't noticed a difference

the 2 colors are 2 different fan types but the same config on each header - each get a different min %power

*it would be very nice to have a way to bypass the q fan settings and manually control the min power %
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fans_stuck_at_random_min.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	729.9 KB
ID:	112681  

post #455 of 1301 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 12:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Brain29 View Post
haven't played with anything else but qfan .. haven't noticed a difference

the 2 colors are 2 different fan types but the same config on each header - each get a different min %power

*it would be very nice to have a way to bypass the q fan settings and manually control the min power %
Thanks, forwarded the info and your request.
post #456 of 1301 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 06:54 AM
Linux Lobbyist

I have a small request elmor.
Im still struggling with the coldboot issue on any ram speed above 2133.
It might help people like myself and others if settings that are set to auto actually showed what it was choosing for that auto setting.
Most do not.
post #457 of 1301 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 08:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by st4v0 View Post
I have a small request elmor.
Im still struggling with the coldboot issue on any ram speed above 2133.
It might help people like myself and others if settings that are set to auto actually showed what it was choosing for that auto setting.
Most do not.
Sorry, not possible with the current BIOS structure. I do agree this would be useful as well. Which sticks and configuration do you have that causes you to have issues that bad? How does this cold boot issue manifest?

Last edited by elmor; 03-15-2018 at 09:03 PM.
post #458 of 1301 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 07:47 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Sorry, not possible with the current BIOS structure. I do agree this would be useful as well. Which sticks and configuration do you have that causes you to have issues that bad? How does this cold boot issue manifest?
Thanks for the reply,this is the original thread for my problem.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ighlight=St4v0

which starts like this....

G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 PC4-3200C18 4000MHz

At default spd 2133mhz it runs just fine and starts from cold off and restarts just fine.
However,at anything above that and it will restart fine and bench all the way up to 3200Mhz.
But as soon as you shut it down completely and try and do a coldboot and it will power on for maybe 3 seconds and then shut off completely.
Is this where its failing training? is their a way to disable this?
All I do know for sure is 3200Mhz is 100% prime stable .
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
st4v0
post #459 of 1301 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 04:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Thanks, forwarded the info and your request.
** just an update

nothing has changed but nothing is worse either ++ (unlike the last few uefi changes were the leds or something has gone out might just be a random occurrence)

** for the bug where fans get pinned at 100% after sleep my friend noticed something that might help --

When the computer first is powered on all fans are at 100% until the uefi boots and takes over (loads the fan profile)

When the computer wakes from sleep the state of 100% power to fans is the same as if - first power

but where thinking because the computer is in sleep and technically not off - the uefi to save time ignores its normal boot function that includes the fan profiles to load

but fan profile load call might be missing or ignored while waking from sleep or hibernate
or the fan controller is bugged/glitched and can't read a sensor correctly IE .. I have no fan in cpu header so it is set to ignore worse case scenario I would guess would be after wake it assumes there is a cpu fan(because that is default 101 uefi settings) but then a glitch happens and everything is ignored.. (when normally you would be presented with an f1 please boot because it is a wake state boot it is bypassed for the OS)
(just a some crazy thoughts)
post #460 of 1301 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 09:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)

What AGESA version is in this BIOS? I've tried both 0001 and 0002 with no luck, latency increased, worse stability... And now, with BIOS 1001, everything is better than 0019... Even my SCSI card started to show up during boot, got to crank up my RAM to 3333 MHz stable. All my tests were done with Memory Interlaving set to Channel...

On 0019:

On 0002 (My AIDA version was outdated, so motherboard wasn't detected properly):

On 1001:

FIY, the ram kit is from Corsair, model CMR32GX4M4C3466C16, version 4.31. running at 1,37V

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in