Asus & X399 The ROG Zenith Extreme: A Complaint & Bug Tracking Thread - Page 9 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asus & X399 The ROG Zenith Extreme: A Complaint & Bug Tracking Thread

post #81 of 1265 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 03:16 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 40 (Unique: 34)
Quote:
Originally Posted by keng View Post

Hey thanks for this thread.
Honestly almost 99% of people have most definitely Dual ranked ram. It just won't work with any current bios. People do not know if their ram is dual rank or not so we keep having 1000000 posts with different ram kits, be it 16 gig, 32 gig, 128 gigs,etc....it is just painful. For love of god....in big letters write BIOS misconfigures dual rank ram universally. Almost all of the errors are caused by this. Thanks

I must be in the 1%.

Two kits of this RAM and it is single rank:

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/dominator-platinum-series-16gb-4-x-4gb-ddr4-dram-2800mhz-c16-memory-kit-cmd16gx4m4a2800c16

I can't get the RAM to post at 2800 or 3000 (the two XMP profiles.) I checked the QVL and only version 5.29 is listed. Mine are 4.23 and 4.24, respectively. Funny thing, though...the 64GB kit is "certified" at version 4.24.

They work fine in quad channel at 2666, however.

It will post with an XMP profile active when 3 sticks are populated, but as soon as I attempt quad channel, no can do.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 1265 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 03:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypickaxe View Post

Quote:

Honestly almost 99% of people have most definitely Dual ranked ram. It just won't work with any current bios. People do not know if their ram is dual rank or not so we keep having 1000000 posts with different ram kits, be it 16 gig, 32 gig, 128 gigs,etc....it is just painful. For love of god....in big letters write BIOS misconfigures dual rank ram universally. Almost all of the errors are caused by this. Thanks

I must be in the 1%.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/dominator-platinum-series-16gb-4-x-4gb-ddr4-dram-2800mhz-c16-memory-kit-cmd16gx4m4a2800c16

I can't get the RAM to post at 2800 or 3000 (the two XMP profiles.) I checked the QVL and only version 5.29 is listed. Mine are 4.23 and 4.24, respectively. Funny thing, though...the 64GB kit is "certified" at version 4.24.

It will post with an XMP profile active when 3 sticks are populated, but as soon as I attempt quad channel, no can do.
Those should be Samsung E-die, while the 64GB kit should be a 4x16GB dual rank b-die. That's why it's certified. Other than that though, QVL means nothing.

post #83 of 1265 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReHWolution View Post

Quote:

Quote:

I must be in the 1%.

Those should be Samsung E-die, while the 64GB kit should be a 4x16GB dual rank b-die. That's why it's certified. Other than that though, QVL means nothing.

Is there some master list of die type floating around out there?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 1265 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 03:55 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Another issue I've run into involves the CMOS reset button. That works, but the OC profiles remain and become unusable. For instance, reset CMOS then attempt to load the profile saved previously and the UEFI hard locks. I have to power off and on again and save over the top of the profile to use it again.

Follow up...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsimone67 View Post

Quote:

I need to test more on the 0804 UEFI, but I'm finding my CPU (Tdie & Tctl) temps are not reported properly once an overclock is applied. In my case, temps seem to be accurate on stock clocks, but when overclocking with additional voltage applied, Tdie & Tctl drop 10-20C.

It does this on 0801 also (at least for me). When I overclocked my board I was getting negative temps in HWINFO, when I turned it off it went back to normal.

I checked this issue on 0804 and it seems to be working as expected now. I will monitor this.

post #85 of 1265 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 05:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmor View Post

-uefi USB storage is not recognized (have 5 storage devices plugged in only 1 is seen *only the latest plugged in can be viewed)

Works here with 5x usb flash drives plugged, got a list of the devices?

-Uefi bios snapshot freezes bios (can not make snapshots for bug report)

Works for me. Anything you can think of that I can try to replicate the issue? I can get it to lock if I unplug the device before selecting it for saving the screenshot, but that's not really normal behavior.

-fans at 100% after windows wake-
I have had this issue since the board was released every version of bios I tested no AiSuite needed to recreate, however every version of AiSuite I have used has not corrected the issue. The issue was still present with DIP5

uefi usb issue (had a mix of old corsair and sandisk usb)
- was weird- noticed right after updating to 804 - the issue was still there after clear cmos and about 8 cold reboots
- I could boot with all the drives in and I could see them (no problem)
- If I only had a few or none plugged in and started to add more. The new drive would appear but the usb drive plugged in before would vanish. My sata ssd never vanished.
-this was only noticed in the UEFI on the saving overclock profiles -- windows os was able to see the drives
*I noticed this trying to find the drive with bios 801 so I could jump back*
*I only tried to take screen shots when this was happening so that might be why the uefi kept freezing

** I have since jumped back to 801, I didn't like hearing the higher min fan curves 804 uefi was giving me ** I have noticed allot of weird things happen everytime I seem to upgrade to a new bios with is board. Most notably the rgbs disappearing or stuck at 100% the software will not able to start in windows it will crash. Then coming back randomly a week to two weeks later they will all be working with no driver or firmware updates, no install or reinstall of the software (don't know if this type of weirdness is useful, maybe the usb issue was just one of those glitches because I updated)

I have a basic windows set up -- no raid or duel boot
useplatformclock false

I use the 10g card
stopped using the wifi *it would cut out on random reboots

Processor -- 1950x
Memory (part number) -- 8X G_Skill F4-3200C16-8GTZ -- 64gb (runs at 2933)
Graphics Card #1 -- GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980 Ti WF (latest drivers nvidia)
Monitor -- cintiq 22hd touch
Storage #1 -- Sam SSD 850 EVO 1TB (running magician 5.1)
CPU Cooler -- D5 - XSPC block- 3x120 slim rad
Case -- View 71
Power Supply -- EVGA supernova 1000G3
post #86 of 1265 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter
In VB's Basement

Quote:

Another issue I've run into involves the CMOS reset button. That works, but the OC profiles remain and become unusable. For instance, reset CMOS then attempt to load the profile saved previously and the UEFI hard locks. I have to power off and on again and save over the top of the profile to use it again.

Follow up...
Quote:

Quote:

I need to test more on the 0804 UEFI, but I'm finding my CPU (Tdie & Tctl) temps are not reported properly once an overclock is applied. In my case, temps seem to be accurate on stock clocks, but when overclocking with additional voltage applied, Tdie & Tctl drop 10-20C.

It does this on 0801 also (at least for me). When I overclocked my board I was getting negative temps in HWINFO, when I turned it off it went back to normal.

I checked this issue on 0804 and it seems to be working as expected now. I will monitor this.

What BIOS Version does this occur on ?

Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form

post #87 of 1265 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 12:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I must be in the 1%.

Is there some master list of die type floating around out there?
Yes there is, but it's not complete: https://www.overclock.net/t/1627555/ryzen-memory-ic-collection-thread/0_50

I reviewed tons of memory kits, that's why I can tell you which kit is what tongue.gif

post #88 of 1265 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 12:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

@elmor
Small update: AURA 1.05.28 still doesn't work properly when it comes to the Rainbow mode. The FW.exe in the download does nothing, even with safe mode or admin launch.
Fan Xpert is still broken on the latest AI Suite available on the ZE website (DIP5 1.04.92)...

post #89 of 1265 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 01:40 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post

Quote:

Follow up...
Quote:

Quote:

The OC profile issue has occurred for me on every UEFI version, including 0701 and 0804.

As far as the negative temp readout, it definitely occurred for me on 0701. I posted this before testing the 0804 beta.

post #90 of 1265 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 02:08 AM - Thread Starter
In VB's Basement

Quote:

@elmor
Small update: AURA 1.05.28 still doesn't work properly when it comes to the Rainbow mode. The FW.exe in the download does nothing, even with safe mode or admin launch.
Fan Xpert is still broken on the latest AI Suite available on the ZE website (DIP5 1.04.92)...

Same, the FW.exe does nothing in any mode @elmor. Is fan Expert still broken for you on BIOS 0804 ? Is it just a fan profile issue ? I just need to know so I can list it as a bug.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post

Quote:

Follow up...
Quote:

Quote:

The OC profile issue has occurred for me on every UEFI version, including 0701 and 0804.

As far as the negative temp readout, it definitely occurred for me on 0701. I posted this before testing the 0804 beta.

I have no issue ever with loading OC Profile after a CMOS reset, but that is not to say it is not a bug. I will list it as something to look into. Could you let me know your other system variables such as the RAM being used ?  I can then list this as something to investigate.

As for the negative readout, is this happening on the OLED and AI Suite or strictly just HWInfo ?

Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in