ASUS TUF B350M-PLUS GAMING motherboard review... it doesn't suck after all - Page 16 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ASUS TUF B350M-PLUS GAMING motherboard review... it doesn't suck after all

post #151 of 157 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter
Useful idiot

Rep: 80 (Unique: 46)
Quote: Originally Posted by sideeffect View Post
5007 BIOS is out but ASUS are yet to link it properly. Direct link is https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m...-ASUS-5007.zip

It uses AGESA 1.0.0.2

I made a mod BIOS

Unlocked
AMD CBS menu
VDDP voltage
Spread spectrum toggle
Max CPU Boost Clock Override (PBO option)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kK...kBA5_HfWtbZGXA
thanks for the links...

I can't help but to wonder if any of this improves mem overclocking.. I still have issues where randomly any clock over 3133 goes unstable... a quick restart and reload profile and it's all good... I can even run CAS 12 at 3066 with no issues, but can't run CAS 16 at 3333.... strange... and only stock timings work (CAS 14) at 3200mhz...

Intel who?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 157 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 02:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 4)
I have similar issue at high memory speed. I think the motherboard is the limiting factor.

The newer BIOS might help a little with memory clock I didn't test yet. The mod BIOS is not needed unless you want to access the hidden option like BGS and memory hashing options. There is also options for ECC Memory which is cool but probably not needed

Setting Max CPU Boost Clock Override to 200% possibly is increasing single core boost speeds on the 2700x but still testing those options.

Last edited by sideeffect; 07-02-2019 at 09:05 AM.
post #153 of 157 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter
Useful idiot

Quote: Originally Posted by sideeffect View Post
I have similar issue at high memory speed. I think the motherboard is the limiting factor.

The newer BIOS might help a little with memory clock I didn't test yet. The mod BIOS is not needed unless you want to access the hidden option like BGS and memory hashing options. There is also options for ECC Memory which is cool but probably not needed

Setting Max CPU Boost Clock Override to 200% possibly is increasing single core boost speeds on the 2700x but still testing those options.
I tried it... worked on 1st boot... then after power down and fresh boot... fail... highest stable after several tests is still 3133... funny thing is I can do 3066 cas 12 with no issues... I used the ram calculator extreme preset for 3000mhz on 3066 with voltage set far bellow the calculators requirement... 1.4 I think it was.... but this ram rates really high for OC potential in the ram calculator something like 37xx mhz at cas 14 so I'm not really surprised it was able to pull off cas 12... just makes me wonder how this board can handle tight timings but not fast clocks.

Intel who?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 157 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter
Useful idiot

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/18123750 With the custom cas 12 timings I get nearly the same ram scores at 3066 as I do at the full speed with custom cas 14 timings... I just wish I could be fully stable at 3200

Intel who?

post #155 of 157 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 09:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by Minotaurtoo View Post
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/18123750 With the custom cas 12 timings I get nearly the same ram scores at 3066 as I do at the full speed with custom cas 14 timings... I just wish I could be fully stable at 3200
Those are some good scores and the latency is very good. I really don't think you are missing much performance from running slightly lower frequency.
post #156 of 157 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter
Useful idiot

Wondering if this board is ok to use new 3rd gen Ryzen... yes... yes it is... https://i.redd.it/jns90zhx3o731.png

if you scroll down on the page linked above you can see that even the 3950x is "ok" at stock on this board although it's suggested to have airflow across the vrm's as this is a borderline situation for this board. Same goes for the 3900x when overclocking it... other than that... have a blast with your new 3rd gen cpu's...

I'm actually surprised to find out how high the vrm capacity is on these boards... I guess you could say... they're TUF.... sorry... I know, that was bad

Intel who?

post #157 of 157 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter
Useful idiot

official support all the way to 3900x! https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards.../HelpDesk_CPU/

Intel who?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in