ROG Crosshair VII overclocking thread - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ROG Crosshair VII overclocking thread

post #11 of 5444 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 11:59 AM
New to Overclock.net
zGunBLADEz has a spectacular aura about zGunBLADEz has a spectacular aura about zGunBLADEz has a spectacular aura about zGunBLADEz has a spectacular aura about zGunBLADEz has a spectacular aura about zGunBLADEz has a spectacular aura about zGunBLADEz has a spectacular aura about zGunBLADEz has a spectacular aura about zGunBLADEz has a spectacular aura about zGunBLADEz has a spectacular aura about zGunBLADEz has a spectacular aura about

Quote: Originally Posted by AlphaC View Post
@ zGunBLADEz , the VRM is (more) solid this time so we'll see how it all pans out.

When you compare it against the CH VI Extreme it looks like a bargain.
I have tried different mobos as good the vrm is in the CHVI to my eyes its a total dissapointment. My B350-I Strix walks all over her honestly speaking with less.
Vrm is not even a issue pushing 1.45v+ on that one.

Im also waiting answers on the Strix Z370-G from asus as well.

Somebody has to call them out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 5444 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Network Enthusiast
Shiftstealth is an unknown quantity at this point Shiftstealth is an unknown quantity at this point Shiftstealth is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know why everyone is upset. I just received my board. Obviously i haven't had it long, but it seems like a fantastic board.
post #13 of 5444 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 01:11 PM
Network Enthusiast
Shiftstealth is an unknown quantity at this point Shiftstealth is an unknown quantity at this point Shiftstealth is an unknown quantity at this point

@elmor I haven't got my 2700X yet, but i've got my 1700 in my CH VII. So just asking about the performance enhancer for when i get my 2700x tomorrow. Should i use the windows ryzen balanced, or just balanced?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 5444 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 01:12 PM
New to Overclock.net
MrXL Level 1

^
Congrats, Think it will be a great board if you have to get on the train now.

Not a board to necessarily upgrade to from C6H as Elmor himself honestly says: "It's not revolutionary, but there are a lot of small little tweaks that in the end makes a big difference."

Overall I expect C7H to be a really nice board. And I do seen many small improvements which overall make the experience better.

- Ryzen 2600X (Previously 1600X)
- Asus ROG C6H
- G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14D-16GTZSW (2*8GB SingleRank Samsung B-die)
- MSI 1080Ti
- Soundblaster ZXR
- PSU: Corsair AX 760
post #15 of 5444 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 01:39 PM
Network Enthusiast

Quote: Originally Posted by MrXL View Post
^
Congrats, Think it will be a great board if you have to get on the train now.

Not a board to necessarily upgrade to from C6H as Elmor himself honestly says: "It's not revolutionary, but there are a lot of small little tweaks that in the end makes a big difference."

Overall I expect C7H to be a really nice board. And I do seen many small improvements which overall make the experience better.
Thanks. My x370 board was the Prime Pro, but i had a potato 1700 which only went to 3.8. With performance enhancer i should see a nice boost all around if i can force a nice 4.1Ghz all core boost.
post #16 of 5444 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 10:19 PM
Linux Lobbyist
Gettz8488 Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
@elmor I had a read of PDF file. Some fantastic things upgraded/fixed !!!! XFR finally will be working like I wanted it to on Zen 1 for WoW in 3D player like myself 1 core going that high is EPIC. As it basically runs on 1 core and many games need 1 core when on 3d due to how software is :/

OO ace You been playing around with der8auer

https://youtu.be/ogYess5WelY

You might have to teach me to eclk overclock never done it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Asus Crosshair VII X470 with AMD Ryzen 2700X @ Stock, Bios 0601
EVGA SSC 1070
16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 cl 16
Samsung 960 evo x1, Samsung 850 evox1, 1TB HDD
EVGA 850 Gold fully modular PSU
Corsair H115I
post #17 of 5444 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 11:54 PM
New to Overclock.net
lordzed83 Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by asdkj1740 View Post
i think lots of reviews need to be revisiting the "Performance Enhancer" function.
Have You not noticed most so called Reviewers got less idea how to test Hardware than most of us here. All they do quick multi increse no memory overclocking and thats about it...
Its like giving thema ferrari and for Test drive they go Tesco to pick up some pepsi instead goign track or b road
post #18 of 5444 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 12:21 AM
New to Overclock.net
asdkj1740 has a spectacular aura about asdkj1740 has a spectacular aura about asdkj1740 has a spectacular aura about asdkj1740 has a spectacular aura about asdkj1740 has a spectacular aura about asdkj1740 has a spectacular aura about asdkj1740 has a spectacular aura about asdkj1740 has a spectacular aura about asdkj1740 has a spectacular aura about asdkj1740 has a spectacular aura about asdkj1740 has a spectacular aura about

Quote: Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
Have You not noticed most so called Reviewers got less idea how to test Hardware than most of us here. All they do quick multi increse no memory overclocking and thats about it...
Its like giving thema ferrari and for Test drive they go Tesco to pick up some pepsi instead goign track or b road
it is really hard for reviewers to know everything in advance without insiders information , like the new xfr2.0+pbo settings.
not to mention most of them are extremely time limited on testing new product like new ryzen this time.
no offense, even on c7h wifi, there are few earlier bios versions that dont even support performance echance option. at least what i was told is that the 0207 version of c7h wifi was the latest one (before nda) and will be using on the first wave of retails versison.

not less idea, but not enought time and support.
elmor makes the latest bios but not all asus over the world get the same one at the same time, lots of delay...
without elmor clarification on his highlights pdf, we still know **** about the proper oc method on new ryzen on new x470 before nda.

Last edited by asdkj1740; 04-20-2018 at 12:29 AM.
post #19 of 5444 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 12:22 AM
New to Overclock.net
orlfman Level 1

i know with first generation ryzen with my 1800x i needed to run soc around 1.1-1.15v's on the soc, but with ryzen+ now having 2933 officially supported, can i just leave soc voltage on auto for my 2700x or do i need to bump it up? right now on auto its running at ~0.900v's (gskill - samsung single rank).

post #20 of 5444 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 12:36 AM
Network Enthusiast

Quote: Originally Posted by orlfman View Post
i know with first generation ryzen with my 1800x i needed to run soc around 1.1-1.15v's on the soc, but with ryzen+ now having 2933 officially supported, can i just leave soc voltage on auto for my 2700x or do i need to bump it up? right now on auto its running at ~0.900v's (gskill - samsung single rank).
I thought 1.1v was default on X470. In any event i'd still run 1.1v, maybe 1.0v.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in