ROG Crosshair VII overclocking thread - Page 649 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ROG Crosshair VII overclocking thread

post #6481 of 9867 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 01:10 AM
AMD overclocker/developer

Rep: 294 (Unique: 137)
Quote: Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
@mtrai

NP. I can't say I found mCode injection has destabilised UEFI in minor tests done so far, so look forward to knowing how you find it.

Attachment 274540

If you have, can you share SiSoft Sandra > Processor MultiCore Efficiency benchmark results?
unfortunately, the injection of the new microcode is only a half of the solution ... with each update of the microcode, there is an update of other modules / drivers. Therefore, it is impossible to call the bios full-fledged after an independent update. At the moment I do not have data where other important pieces of code are located ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6482 of 9867 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 07:15 AM
Stuck in the past

Rep: 35 (Unique: 21)
Quote: Originally Posted by 1usmus View Post
unfortunately, the injection of the new microcode is only a half of the solution ... with each update of the microcode, there is an update of other modules / drivers. Therefore, it is impossible to call the bios full-fledged after an independent update. At the moment I do not have data where other important pieces of code are located ...
Quick question for you. On the last 2304 bios when you edit it with amibcp to show options in the bios, when it saves it is now 4 KB smaller. I assume that is due to the bios being double the size. However when trying to flash it, it errors no matter which method is use. Any insight? I am going to try to use the flashback method today with a modded bios. It does not work size mismatch.

The reason I do this is this allows you to use the search in the bios for things we cannot show such HPET and Spread Spectum and allows you to change the settings.

post-flame-small.gif5 GHz Overclock Club post-flame-small.gif

Sabertooth 990 FX R 2.0 FX 8120 BL ED. B2 Rev Can over clocked to 5.0( Normally run at 4.4 Ghz )
2 x 8 Gb Corsair Vengence 1600 Ram EVGA Supernova 1050 GS Gold PSU Logitech G502 Proteus Gaming Mouse
Powercolor PCS+ R9 290X x2 CM Storm Trooper Case
SteelSeries Apex Gaming Keyboard SteelSeries Stealth Merc Keyboard (1 broke key)
Several Sata HDs CM Seidron 120 AIO Closed Liquid Cooler
Disabled so not a ton of money.
post #6483 of 9867 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 07:17 AM
Stuck in the past

Rep: 35 (Unique: 21)
Quote: Originally Posted by 1usmus View Post
I have tried to explain exactly that. It is not as easy as just swapping a module as others are tied to each other.

Quick question for you. On the last 2304 bios when you edit it with amibcp to show options in the bios, when it saves it is now 4 KB smaller. I assume that is due to the bios being double the size. However when trying to flash it, it errors no matter which method is use. Any insight? I am going to try to use the flashback method today with a modded bios. It does not work size mismatch.

The reason I do this is this allows you to use the search in the bios for things we cannot show such HPET and Spread Spectum and allows you to change the settings.

post-flame-small.gif5 GHz Overclock Club post-flame-small.gif

Sabertooth 990 FX R 2.0 FX 8120 BL ED. B2 Rev Can over clocked to 5.0( Normally run at 4.4 Ghz )
2 x 8 Gb Corsair Vengence 1600 Ram EVGA Supernova 1050 GS Gold PSU Logitech G502 Proteus Gaming Mouse
Powercolor PCS+ R9 290X x2 CM Storm Trooper Case
SteelSeries Apex Gaming Keyboard SteelSeries Stealth Merc Keyboard (1 broke key)
Several Sata HDs CM Seidron 120 AIO Closed Liquid Cooler
Disabled so not a ton of money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6484 of 9867 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 03:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 18)
Another update on my DPC latency saga. I thought this board was the issue causing my 2000-3000+ latency (audio pops/crackles) via Nvidia driver but upon switching to the Gigabyte Gaming 7 (terrible mobo) it's still there just slightly quieter.

I switched back to the CH7 because the Gigabyte board is absolutely atrocious in comparison.

I am completely lost at this point. I've changed motherboard, ram and have disabled everything nonessential with only a mouse connected.

Can a PSU cause this? It's either the PSU or my 2080 Ti at this point.
post #6485 of 9867 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 03:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by AngryLobster View Post
Another update on my DPC latency saga. I thought this board was the issue causing my 2000-3000+ latency (audio pops/crackles) via Nvidia driver but upon switching to the Gigabyte Gaming 7 (terrible mobo) it's still there just slightly quieter.

I switched back to the CH7 because the Gigabyte board is absolutely atrocious in comparison.

I am completely lost at this point. I've changed motherboard, ram and have disabled everything nonessential with only a mouse connected.

Can a PSU cause this? It's either the PSU or my 2080 Ti at this point.
I changed my rams from crucial to g skill samsung b-die, changed my mobo from B450-F Strix to CH7 and my latency is the same on latencymon, though the games are smoother. I feel like is my GPU or PSU too, I'll probably change the PSU later for a cheap EVGA just for testing.
post #6486 of 9867 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 04:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

I'm gonna go out to Frys and buy a PSU tonight. I'm ready to pull my hair out at this point.

EDIT: Borrowed a friends PSU which did not fix the issue. At this point it's gotta be either trash Nvidia driver or my 2080 Ti itself which has run flawlessly since launch.

I give up.

Last edited by AngryLobster; 06-15-2019 at 05:26 PM.
post #6487 of 9867 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 06:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I'm gonna go out to Frys and buy a PSU tonight. I'm ready to pull my hair out at this point.

EDIT: Borrowed a friends PSU which did not fix the issue. At this point it's gotta be either trash Nvidia driver or my 2080 Ti itself which has run flawlessly since launch.

I give up.
Are you using the AMD SATA drivers ?
- if yes try reverting to standard SATA AHCI controller and see if it helps.

Have you tried Installing the Nvidia graphics driver without the Nvidia Audio HD drivers ?

Last edited by Rusakova; 06-15-2019 at 06:46 PM.
post #6488 of 9867 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 07:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Yeah I uninstalled the AMD Sata drivers a long time ago and am using the default Microsoft ones you have pictured.

I have only the Nvidia driver installed, no Physx, no audio. I have every audio component disabled all together. HPET off, everything in MSI mode, C states off, Performance mode for both CPU/GPU, you name it.

I just swapped to a GTX 1060 that I borrowed and the issue is still there so definitely not my 2080 Ti. This means the only component that I have not swapped are the SSD and CPU.

Gonna swap SSD on Monday and pray.
post #6489 of 9867 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 08:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 9)
Yeah I uninstalled the AMD Sata drivers a long time ago and am using the default Microsoft ones you have pictured.

I have only the Nvidia driver installed, no Physx, no audio. I have every audio component disabled all together. HPET off, everything in MSI mode, C states off, Performance mode for both CPU/GPU, you name it.

I just swapped to a GTX 1060 that I borrowed and the issue is still there so definitely not my 2080 Ti. This means the only component that I have not swapped are the SSD and CPU.

Did you try just changing the SATA port you're using?

AMD Ryzen 2700X  |  Fractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  | G.SKILL TridentZ 3636MHz @ 14-15-14-28 2x8GB  | EVGA 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3  | Thermaltake Core P3 Case |
post #6490 of 9867 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 10:02 PM
Lord of Cinder

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)

I was actually having the very same problem recently with audio distortions. I initially thought the problem was down to my CPU or RAM overclock, but I eventually narrowed the cause down to the cheap 120GB SSD that I was using as a boot drive. I replaced it with a 240GB Samsung NVMe drive (an SM961 that I found cheap) and it solved the problem entirely. So you might have some luck with changing out your SSD.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in