ROG Crosshair VII overclocking thread - Page 956 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ROG Crosshair VII overclocking thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #9551 of 10059 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 02:36 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,421
Rep: 17 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by speedgoat View Post
you guys, you think you might have pushed the boost a wee bit too much maybe ?

all good so far, on The Stilt's modded bios with 3800X, im not sure im seeing much lower temps but somehow i can run 3800C15 more reliably

Thank you!
Yeah, definitely some weird BCLK behavior going in that screenshot.

AMD Ryzen 2700X  |  Fractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  | G.SKILL TridentZ 3636MHz @ 14-15-14-28 2x8GB  | EVGA 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3  | Thermaltake Core P3 Case |
nick name is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9552 of 10059 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 03:02 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Synoxia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 839
Rep: 7 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by nick name View Post
Yeah, definitely some weird BCLK behavior going in that screenshot.
Mine? Just 101.2 BCLK, -0.03125 undervolt + PBO 355 255 255 and AutoOC 200mhz, whats weird?

EDIT: actually i think the guy who posted before you has a weird bclk behavior... from 50mhz min to 100mhz avg and 102.7 max... what?

Tryndamere
(13 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard
Asus C7H Hero Wifi
GPU
Radeon Vega 64
RAM
G-Skill Tridentz OC 16 gb 3800 c14-16-17-16-32-48
Power Supply
EVGA G3 Gold
Cooling
Noctua D15
Case
Phanteks Enthoo pro TG
Operating System
Win 10 1903 build 18950 64bit
Monitor
Viewsonic XG2401
Keyboard
Fnatic RGB Cherry mx brown
Mouse
Logitech G Pro Wireless 950 dpi
Mousepad
Artisan ZERO Fx
Audio
JBL305
▲ hide details ▲
Synoxia is offline  
post #9553 of 10059 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 03:10 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 11
Rep: 0
i think it was just a HWiNFO bug guys.. i hope this didnt really happen
speedgoat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9554 of 10059 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 03:14 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Synoxia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 839
Rep: 7 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by speedgoat View Post
i think it was just a HWiNFO bug guys.. i hope this didnt really happen
Yes ofcourse his is a hwinfo bug lol 5.2ghz... ours are real every ryzen 3k can have a small boost with BCLK

Tryndamere
(13 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard
Asus C7H Hero Wifi
GPU
Radeon Vega 64
RAM
G-Skill Tridentz OC 16 gb 3800 c14-16-17-16-32-48
Power Supply
EVGA G3 Gold
Cooling
Noctua D15
Case
Phanteks Enthoo pro TG
Operating System
Win 10 1903 build 18950 64bit
Monitor
Viewsonic XG2401
Keyboard
Fnatic RGB Cherry mx brown
Mouse
Logitech G Pro Wireless 950 dpi
Mousepad
Artisan ZERO Fx
Audio
JBL305
▲ hide details ▲
Synoxia is offline  
post #9555 of 10059 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 04:13 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
CharliesTheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 136
Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by crakej View Post

I see quite a few newbies here - could I request that you go to the Tools>Quick Links>Edit Signature (top of this screen) and put in the basic details of your systems - it makes it much easier for us to help you
Thanks, this actually reminded me to get my butt in gear and do it.

If everyone else in the world is always wrong, maybe the problem lies with you and not everyone else.
Tempered Beast
(14 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3600
Motherboard
Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero X470
GPU
EVGA RTX 2070 XC RGB
RAM
G. Skill TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Pro m.2
Hard Drive
Intel 660p m.2
Power Supply
Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750W SLI/Crossfire Ready
Cooling
EVGA CLC 280mm AIO RGB
Case
Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB Special Edition
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional
Monitor
HP 27ES 27 Inch IPS
Monitor
HP 27ES 27 Inch IPS
Keyboard
Logitech G510S
Mouse
Logitech G602
▲ hide details ▲


CharliesTheMan is offline  
post #9556 of 10059 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 05:37 PM
Stuck in the past
 
mtrai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,122
Rep: 35 (Unique: 21)
@Synoxia Just for you ;-) I included Hpet in both the modded bios I uploaded today.

post-flame-small.gif5 GHz Overclock Club post-flame-small.gif


Sabertooth 990 FX R 2.0 FX 8120 BL ED. B2 Rev Can over clocked to 5.0( Normally run at 4.4 Ghz )
2 x 8 Gb Corsair Vengence 1600 Ram EVGA Supernova 1050 GS Gold PSU Logitech G502 Proteus Gaming Mouse
Powercolor PCS+ R9 290X x2 CM Storm Trooper Case
SteelSeries Apex Gaming Keyboard SteelSeries Stealth Merc Keyboard (1 broke key)
Several Sata HDs CM Seidron 120 AIO Closed Liquid Cooler
Disabled so not a ton of money.
mtrai is offline  
post #9557 of 10059 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 05:57 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Y2BNE1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4
Rep: 0
Maybe someone can help me out here, or share their experiences. I am trying to get 64GB of Crucial Ballistix Sport AT (BLS4K16G4D32AEST) working on my C7H WIFI mobo with 3800x. So far I've tried few different bioses with the following results:

Asus 2501:
- Able to run RAM @ 3400mhz @ cl14 with 1.38v (24hrs of prime95 and 24 hours of google stress test app without errors)
- Does not boost very high (4.35ghz or so)
- No issues booting/rebooting once ram vboot voltage is 1.37 or 1.38+
- Many bios menus/options are hidden

Asus 2703:
- not stable at DOCP, even with increased voltages to the ram/soc. I get random hangs (qcode F1/02/07) when cold booting or rebooting windows

0002-FI
- Basically same issues as Asus 2703
- Boost to 4.575ghz easily

So far 2501 is the most stable bios that works with my RAM. Would anyone happen to know if there are some default settings that are set in 2501 bios that I could replicate in 0002 to get my RAM working? Also is there a guide I could use to try to get latest AGESA into 2501 bios?
Y2BNE1 is offline  
post #9558 of 10059 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 08:02 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
The Stilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,550
Rep: 858 (Unique: 327)
Quote: Originally Posted by Y2BNE1 View Post
Maybe someone can help me out here, or share their experiences. I am trying to get 64GB of Crucial Ballistix Sport AT (BLS4K16G4D32AEST) working on my C7H WIFI mobo with 3800x. So far I've tried few different bioses with the following results:

Asus 2501:
- Able to run RAM @ 3400mhz @ cl14 with 1.38v (24hrs of prime95 and 24 hours of google stress test app without errors)
- Does not boost very high (4.35ghz or so)
- No issues booting/rebooting once ram vboot voltage is 1.37 or 1.38+
- Many bios menus/options are hidden

Asus 2703:
- not stable at DOCP, even with increased voltages to the ram/soc. I get random hangs (qcode F1/02/07) when cold booting or rebooting windows

0002-FI
- Basically same issues as Asus 2703
- Boost to 4.575ghz easily

So far 2501 is the most stable bios that works with my RAM. Would anyone happen to know if there are some default settings that are set in 2501 bios that I could replicate in 0002 to get my RAM working? Also is there a guide I could use to try to get latest AGESA into 2501 bios?
The PMU FW (IMC) has changed recently.
Probably could do a hybrid build, but I have to try few things first since the new PMU uses decryption keys whereas the old one didn't.
The Stilt is offline  
post #9559 of 10059 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 08:10 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,421
Rep: 17 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by The Stilt View Post
The PMU FW (IMC) has changed recently.
Probably could do a hybrid build, but I have to try few things first since the new PMU uses decryption keys whereas the old one didn't.
Would that only have an impact on Ryzen 3000 CPUs? Or was there a change for the Ryzen 2000 CPU IMC firmware too? Or am I just misunderstanding all of this?

AMD Ryzen 2700X  |  Fractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  | G.SKILL TridentZ 3636MHz @ 14-15-14-28 2x8GB  | EVGA 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3  | Thermaltake Core P3 Case |
nick name is offline  
post #9560 of 10059 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 08:55 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
The Stilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,550
Rep: 858 (Unique: 327)
Quote: Originally Posted by nick name View Post
Would that only have an impact on Ryzen 3000 CPUs? Or was there a change for the Ryzen 2000 CPU IMC firmware too? Or am I just misunderstanding all of this?
No.
ZP PMU FW has been the same since AGESA 1.0.0.6 (PinnaclePi) bios, build 1103.
The Stilt is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (2 members and 5 guests)
hardfam , pschorr1123
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off