(Official MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC motherboard - Page 15 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

(Official MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC motherboard

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #141 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 03:45 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 81
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by alefim View Post
How much do you do in Single Core on CB15?
I did a run just now. Here it is, but I was playing Assasin's Creed Odyssey for a bit, so the system is warm. Got 183. I don't usually do single core. Is there any specific reason why you ask single for core?

Spoiler!


[Edit] Also did a multi-core (normal ) run and got 1971. I always get 1972 with these (my 24/7) settings.

Last edited by constructorx; 01-19-2019 at 03:49 PM.
constructorx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #142 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 04:50 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
alefim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Blumenau - SC, Brazil
Posts: 23
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by constructorx View Post
I did a run just now. Here it is, but I was playing Assasin's Creed Odyssey for a bit, so the system is warm. Got 183. I don't usually do single core. Is there any specific reason why you ask single for core?

Spoiler!


[Edit] Also did a multi-core (normal ) run and got 1971. I always get 1972 with these (my 24/7) settings.

Do you notice a difference in game leaving the system in stock or manual? I think the 2700X Single Core does not change doing that. Is not the IPC important in the game?
alefim is offline  
post #143 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 05:15 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 81
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by alefim View Post
Do you notice a difference in game leaving the system in stock or manual? I think the 2700X Single Core does not change doing that. Is not the IPC important in the game?
Explain what you mean by 'stock or manual'. I do not change my settings from what I currently have. When gaming I run at 4.35GHz all core solidly, between 55-60 degrees.

When playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey, I have the frame rate limited to 60fps (in the game settings by choice). Even if I run without PBO I can reach that easily, so in answer to your question, no, my CPU speed does not currently impact my gaming experience.
constructorx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #144 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 01:32 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
alefim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Blumenau - SC, Brazil
Posts: 23
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by constructorx View Post
Explain what you mean by 'stock or manual'. I do not change my settings from what I currently have. When gaming I run at 4.35GHz all core solidly, between 55-60 degrees.

When playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey, I have the frame rate limited to 60fps (in the game settings by choice). Even if I run without PBO I can reach that easily, so in answer to your question, no, my CPU speed does not currently impact my gaming experience.
Manual with Voltage in Auto and Mobo decide how many nuclei will reach 4.35.
alefim is offline  
post #145 of 177 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 12:10 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
numlock66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 216
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
People could you help me? In the last UEFI (7B77v15) there are options to control all parameters of Precision Boost Overdrive (PBO) Scalar, PPT, TDC, EDC? Also If possible could you share a UEFI screenshot?

My Rig
(6 items)
CPU
Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard
X370 Taichi
GPU
Radeon RX480 8GB
RAM
F4-3200c14d-16gtz
Power Supply
Corsair TX650W
Cooling
Masterliquid 240
▲ hide details ▲
numlock66 is offline  
post #146 of 177 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 11:33 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
PrivotSponge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 10
Rep: 0
Hi @all!

I have a question about he VRef setting in bios:
As far as i know, Vref should be half of the dram voltage.

Do you guys set it half of what you set in the bios for dram voltage?

Background is, amd ryzen master always shows a voltage much lower than set.
For example:
vref set: 0,725 V / ryzen master reports 0.6V

Gesendet von meinem Moto Z (2) mit Tapatalk

Last edited by PrivotSponge; 02-14-2019 at 12:03 AM.
PrivotSponge is offline  
post #147 of 177 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 08:20 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
PrivotSponge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 10
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by numlock66 View Post
People could you help me? In the last UEFI (7B77v15) there are options to control all parameters of Precision Boost Overdrive (PBO) Scalar, PPT, TDC, EDC? Also If possible could you share a UEFI screenshot?
Hi numlock66,

In the v15 bios, there is no scalar setting.
Only new is the setting tdp limit...

So for oc, the whole manual pbo settings are useless...

Gesendet von meinem Moto Z (2) mit Tapatalk
PrivotSponge is offline  
post #148 of 177 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 01:07 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 45
Rep: 0
Anyone who own M7 AC version, There is new bios at https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/supp...-PRO-CARBON-AC

Backup your bios profile before you flash new bios in case if you don't happy with it, roll it back old bios then load your bios profile.

MSI haven't release new bios for my non AC version yet.
dgoc18 is offline  
post #149 of 177 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 01:03 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
PrivotSponge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 10
Rep: 0
Has anyone tried the new v16?
What's new? MSI doesn't give much informations.

Gesendet von meinem Moto Z (2) mit Tapatalk
PrivotSponge is offline  
post #150 of 177 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 11:11 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
PrivotSponge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 10
Rep: 0
Nobody seems to use it...

Today i installed it:

No new settings, even old profiles work.


Gesendet von meinem Moto Z (2) mit Tapatalk
PrivotSponge is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off