(Official MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC motherboard - Page 18 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

(Official MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC motherboard

post #171 of 177 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 07:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by os2wiz View Post
Your deception? There is beta bios 1.94 on the MSI site for this motherboard that supports Zen2 cpus. I am waiting for an official 1.90 bios before I apply Zen2 support.
My gut deeling is the vrm support on this board will be inadequate for the 3900X and 3950X. It is barely adequate for the 8 core 2700X. I am now getting 85 Celsius temps running at 4.2 GHZ with the Prime '95 torture test with small FFT form factor for maximum heat. I have one of the best expandable AIO's on the market the Alphacool Eisbaer Extreme 280mm thick radiator. I have the pump close to full speed at 2700RPM and the fans maxed out. Of course I am in a sun room. During the day with the AC blasting the ambient temp is almost 80 Farenheit. So that is a contributing factor, but not the nain factor. As soon as the MSI X570 Meg Ace is released I will buy it if it is under $350. It has superb vrm and power phase support. I think thaty plus my Ryzen 9 3900X will run a lot cooler than this overclocked 2700X.
The statement is quoted. Therefore not my deception. And I don't use that mobo. I have the CH7, which is good.

And according to AMD Travis Kirsch, it is stated the the best Ryzen 3000 for overclockng, it’s definitely not going to be the Ryzen 9 chips.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/ryzen-3...ng-performance.

So, my rig is going to be CH7 and 3700X.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 177 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 12:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
According to this

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...u_decide_on_a/

We may be in luck!
post #173 of 177 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 11:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #174 of 177 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 61 (Unique: 40)
Quote: Originally Posted by Hale59 View Post
The statement is quoted. Therefore not my deception. And I don't use that mobo. I have the CH7, which is good.

And according to AMD Travis Kirsch, it is stated the the best Ryzen 3000 for overclockng, it’s definitely not going to be the Ryzen 9 chips.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/ryzen-3...ng-performance.

So, my rig is going to be CH7 and 3700X.

It should make no difference in overclocking whether a 12 core , 16 core, or 8 core, not with chiplet technology. The deciding factors are the binning of the cpus and the extent of cpu cooling in place.

Technology is NOT a liberator . Whom technology serves is a class question.
Technology wielded by the capitalist class benefits only the exploiters.
Technology wielded by the working class will serve ALL Humanity.
Ryzen 9 3900X at 4.275 GHZ, MSI X570 MEG ACE motherboard, AlphaCool Eisbaer 360 cpu AIO cooler
32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 4000mhz CL-19-19-19-39 1.35v Samsung 970 EVO m.2 NVMe 1TB
AMD Radeon VII gpu
post #175 of 177 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 03:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by os2wiz View Post
Your deception? There is beta bios 1.94 on the MSI site for this motherboard that supports Zen2 cpus. I am waiting for an official 1.90 bios before I apply Zen2 support.
My gut deeling is the vrm support on this board will be inadequate for the 3900X and 3950X. It is barely adequate for the 8 core 2700X. I am now getting 85 Celsius temps running at 4.2 GHZ with the Prime '95 torture test with small FFT form factor for maximum heat. I have one of the best expandable AIO's on the market the Alphacool Eisbaer Extreme 280mm thick radiator. I have the pump close to full speed at 2700RPM and the fans maxed out. Of course I am in a sun room. During the day with the AC blasting the ambient temp is almost 80 Farenheit. So that is a contributing factor, but not the nain factor. As soon as the MSI X570 Meg Ace is released I will buy it if it is under $350. It has superb vrm and power phase support. I think thaty plus my Ryzen 9 3900X will run a lot cooler than this overclocked 2700X.

if you are talking about your CPU temp then VRM won't make any difference. I get the same temp running an overclocked 2600 or 1700 on a B350 tomahawk as I do on the gaming m7 ac. saying you get 85C running prime doesn't mean anything without voltage input. You're also in a hot room - drop that temp by 6c and your torture test temp will drop by around 6c as well. That being said I bet your day to day results are much lower given the unrealistic load prime 95 puts on a cpu.

VRM will be more than adiquate even for the 2950x on the gaming M7
post #176 of 177 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 08:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hi there,

Meanwhile there is bios 190 out.
Is there a benefit for 2700x, meaning ram stability, oc capability?

Has somebody tried?

I read something unspecific in another forum from just one user.

Best wishes
Privot Sponge

Gesendet von meinem Moto Z (2) mit Tapatalk
post #177 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 12:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)
Currently running a 3900x in this motherboard. No issues to report. Boosts well and almost see 4.6 in single core activities (ab bios). Vrm temps are totally fine around 55-60c

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in