Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI overclocking & discussion thread - Page 121 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI overclocking & discussion thread

post #1201 of 1201 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 07:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by AlphaC View Post
Was it an SOC voltage issue for 3600C14? I wish I could help out more with Ryzen 3rd gen stuff but the current pricing of R9 3900X is still more than retail and Microcenter hasn't received any in stock (my preferred supplier).
I tried setting SOC between 1 and 1.125 with no difference at all so it seemed like that didn't affect the stability issue. Only way for me to "fix" it was to either increase DRAM Voltage to 1.42 or increase timings/lower the multiplier (3533mhz for example).

I also tried LLC at high/turbo/extreme with no difference in behaviour because at first I thought it was maybe caused by droop.

Here's my current settings that runs the kit completly stable, only thing I've touched is setting dram voltage to 1.42. It runs a pretty high tRFC but I havent bothered with manual timings yet.

Edit: Decided to set the timings manually with help from the DRAM calculator, 3600 Safe settings + the Neo kit xmp timings. Stable so far. Still +.2 mV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stable_3600CL14_Neokit.png
Views:	24
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	300156  

Click image for larger version

Name:	stable_3600CL14_Neo_XMP_Manual_timings.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	300718  

3800X / X470 Gaming 7 Wifi / Trident Z Neo 3600 CL14 @ 1.42v / RTX2080

Last edited by Fastie; 10-14-2019 at 11:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in