Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI overclocking & discussion thread - Page 65 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI overclocking & discussion thread

post #641 of 660 (permalink) Unread 02-05-2019, 11:22 PM
New to Overclock.net
begrie Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by Mikkinen View Post
hi, same problem vsoc, I think that if the vsoc is too low automatically on startup sets it as default. For example, in bios I had set it to 1.01875v and was loaded at 1.094v (default 1.100v) raised by one / two steps the vsoc seems to work correctly, I have raised it to 1.025v and real 1.012v.
let me know if this helps.
Quote: Originally Posted by paih85 View Post
try using this voltage step only. for me it working and no more auto to 1.1v.

example:

I will try to set it to 1.0625v and let see how it goes. Hope it will fix my problem.
oh and would you let me know which LLC you use for cpu vcore? i am using Turbo LLC at the moment.
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #642 of 660 (permalink) Unread 02-05-2019, 11:44 PM
New to Overclock.net
paih85 Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by begrie View Post
I will try to set it to 1.0625v and let see how it goes. Hope it will fix my problem.
oh and would you let me know which LLC you use for cpu vcore? i am using Turbo LLC at the moment.
Thank you
auto up to turbo. depend my ram speed personal profile setting.
post #643 of 660 (permalink) Unread 02-06-2019, 02:06 PM
New to Overclock.net
ShogoXT Level 1

Is there any trick to getting offset voltage to work right? On the taichi once you set pstate0 then offset voltage, in cpu-z it would show lower clocks in idle and lower voltage.

On this motherboard it always shows 1.38 even when idle. The auto and normal settings for voltage are strange.

Oh btw I'm using a 1700. It has a stock voltage of 1.1875 so if I leave offset on normal or auto without manually setting either voltage setting, it will fail to boot. Other settings just don't have power saving despite having global cstate and c&q on.

Last edited by ShogoXT; 02-06-2019 at 03:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #644 of 660 (permalink) Unread 02-07-2019, 08:15 AM
New to Overclock.net
Mikkinen Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by paih85 View Post
cut
I tried as suggested, your solution along with regular vsoc LLC has helped ...
With LLC High there was a vdroop of 0.0012v, with LLC turbo the vdroop of 0.0006v but underload of 0.0012v, LLC extreme vdroop 0.0006v reopen what set by bios.
  I also increase the cpu LLC in Turbo with this version of bios (before was High).
post #645 of 660 (permalink) Unread 02-07-2019, 08:40 AM
New to Overclock.net
Mikkinen Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by ShogoXT View Post
Is there any trick to getting offset voltage to work right? On the taichi once you set pstate0 then offset voltage, in cpu-z it would show lower clocks in idle and lower voltage.

On this motherboard it always shows 1.38 even when idle. The auto and normal settings for voltage are strange.

Oh btw I'm using a 1700. It has a stock voltage of 1.1875 so if I leave offset on normal or auto without manually setting either voltage setting, it will fail to boot. Other settings just don't have power saving despite having global cstate and c&q on.
I regularly use the offset (I had a taichi before), after doing a reset of the test bios to set the voltage to "normal" and the offset line from auto to + 0.0000v, check the test and then try to adjust the offset ... if you have modified the p-states this could be the cause ...
post #646 of 660 (permalink) Unread 02-07-2019, 03:21 PM
New to Overclock.net
ShogoXT Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by Mikkinen View Post
I regularly use the offset (I had a taichi before), after doing a reset of the test bios to set the voltage to "normal" and the offset line from auto to + 0.0000v, check the test and then try to adjust the offset ... if you have modified the p-states this could be the cause ...
I can't even get the lower c states to work it seems. I use the Ryzen balanced power plan, but it doesn't go below 3.5ghz. I have it set to 3.825 because that was the old trick to get it working, but no dice. Voltage especially doesn't flinch.

I've tried offset to auto, normal, and +.15. Auto and normal don't work because the range from the 1700 stock voltage is large, 1.1875. I'll try +0.0, but I suspect it won't work.

I even disabled core performance boost and enabled fully global cstate as well.

Sad part is I bought this board over the MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC because it lacked offset overclocking. Now they added it in the new bios and I can't get it working on this board.
post #647 of 660 (permalink) Unread 02-07-2019, 10:05 PM
New to Overclock.net
Mikkinen Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by ShogoXT View Post
I can't even get the lower c states to work it seems. I use the Ryzen balanced power plan, but it doesn't go below 3.5ghz. I have it set to 3.825 because that was the old trick to get it working, but no dice. Voltage especially doesn't flinch.

I've tried offset to auto, normal, and +.15. Auto and normal don't work because the range from the 1700 stock voltage is large, 1.1875. I'll try +0.0, but I suspect it won't work.

I even disabled core performance boost and enabled fully global cstate as well.

Sad part is I bought this board over the MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC because it lacked offset overclocking. Now they added it in the new bios and I can't get it working on this board.
have you checked if in the windows energy profile the minimum value for cpu is about 5-20%? This check applies to any profile you uses.
You could try this after loading default optimizations into bios.

Last edited by Mikkinen; 02-08-2019 at 02:13 AM.
post #648 of 660 (permalink) Unread 02-09-2019, 08:04 PM
Sexagenarian
pony-tail Level 1

I have this motherboard and have had an issue with the rear audio line out .
Tested on Win 10 CD drivers , Win 10 latest drivers , Ubuntu Mate 18.04 and 18.10 Linux Mint 19.1 and Manjaro 18.0 .
Just not working .
I did some research on google and found it was not uncommon , does anybody know of a fix for this ?
Currently running Fedora not working on that either.
post #649 of 660 (permalink) Unread 02-09-2019, 09:00 PM
New to Overclock.net
Maracus Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by pony-tail View Post
I have this motherboard and have had an issue with the rear audio line out .
Tested on Win 10 CD drivers , Win 10 latest drivers , Ubuntu Mate 18.04 and 18.10 Linux Mint 19.1 and Manjaro 18.0 .
Just not working .
I did some research on google and found it was not uncommon , does anybody know of a fix for this ?
Currently running Fedora not working on that either.
There is definitely an issue, just unsure about the fix so I gave up. I ended up just pulling the Soundblaster Z out of my other computer to use.

post #650 of 660 (permalink) Unread 02-09-2019, 09:17 PM
Sexagenarian
pony-tail Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by Maracus View Post
There is definitely an issue, just unsure about the fix so I gave up. I ended up just pulling the Soundblaster Z out of my other computer to use.
Unfortunately I bought my board from newegg and because I am in Australia , no warranty ! only one month old , not impressed .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in