Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI overclocking & discussion thread - Page 66 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI overclocking & discussion thread

post #651 of 697 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 05:21 AM
Graphic Card Addiction

Rep: 171 (Unique: 118)
Quote: Originally Posted by pony-tail View Post
I have this motherboard and have had an issue with the rear audio line out .
Tested on Win 10 CD drivers , Win 10 latest drivers , Ubuntu Mate 18.04 and 18.10 Linux Mint 19.1 and Manjaro 18.0 .
Just not working .
I did some research on google and found it was not uncommon , does anybody know of a fix for this ?
Currently running Fedora not working on that either.
Quote: Originally Posted by Maracus View Post
There is definitely an issue, just unsure about the fix so I gave up. I ended up just pulling the Soundblaster Z out of my other computer to use.
You can try this:

Shut down
Unplug power cable to computer
Hold start button to discharge system
Plug power back up
Start computer

This has worked for me, and iirc a lot of others.

=[Official] Ryzen-5-Owners-Club 2600X=

MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z
Panzerkampfwagen
(21 items)
CPU
Ryzen+ R5 2600x [email protected]
Motherboard
Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI
GPU
MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB F4-3466C16D-16GTZR([email protected])
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo M.2 NVMe 250gb(OS)
Hard Drive
Corsair Force MP500 M.2 NVMe 120GB(Benchmark Programs)
Hard Drive
PNY XLR8 Gaming CS2211 SSD
Hard Drive
Silicon Power S55 480gb SSD Secondary Programs
Hard Drive
Seagate Firecuda 2tb(Steam/Games) ST2000DX002-2DV164
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 Evo 1tb (Games)
Hard Drive
TeamGroup Delta RGB 1tb 5v Header
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova G2 850w
Power Supply
EVGA Powerlink
Cooling
Deep Cool Castle 240 RGB
Cooling
Gentle Typhoon's 120mm[3][2 Intake][1 Exhaust]
Case
Cougar Panzer S
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer GN246HL 24" Main Monitor 144mhz
Monitor
Acer S271HL 27" Secondary Monitor
Keyboard
Gigabyte Mechanical Cherry Blue Keyboard (GK-FORCE K83 BLUE)
Mouse
Kensington Pro Fit
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #652 of 697 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 08:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Tested on Win 10 CD drivers , Win 10 latest drivers , Ubuntu Mate 18.04 and 18.10 Linux Mint 19.1 and Manjaro 18.0 .
Just not working .
I did some research on google and found it was not uncommon , does anybody know of a fix for this ?
Same issue here. Try to plug in the jack in any other line out audio and in gigabyte audio software set it like the main audio out (if doesn't work, try the next output).
I know it sounds weird, but in the software you can choose whatever line out to be your default line out.
For me it works. Hope so for you too.
post #653 of 697 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 11:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 826 (Unique: 661)
Just not working .
Had the same issue with my Gaming 7 Wifi. Sent it in for RMA, took a few weeks for Gigabyte to inspect it and when they did, they marked the status as good/not faulty. I was irate but then a few days later they changed the status to "found issue with audio" and they replaced something on my board because when I got it back it was the same serial number but the rear and front audio were working again. This includes the optical as that also crapped out on my board too. I was nearly ready to sell the board and get a different one.

"Just because you are a character doesn't mean that you have character." —The Wolf from Pulp Fiction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #654 of 697 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 05:36 PM
Sexagenarian

Rep: 28 (Unique: 21)
This issue does appear to be very common .
I bought my board from Newegg and I am in Australia , so no warranty , --- a mistake that I will never make again .
Looks like I will just get a sound card ( looking at a soundblaster at present ) .
I bought a Crosshair VII Hero to replace the gigabyte board , it arrived today , put a cpu some ram and a video card on it to test it up - works fine but it is not significantly better than the Gigabyte to warrant a full tear down and rebuild - so I am going to go the lazy way and put a sound card in . I will use the Asus board with a 2700x to replace my old x79 system that has cold boot issues .
Sorry about the ramble but thinking as I go .
post #655 of 697 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 07:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Any news from GB acknowledging the rear audio port issue?

Nothing I can do is able to fix it unless I completely shut the pc off and turn the PSU switch off and then back on.

This is totally unacceptable for a motherboard which is not entry level and claims to be "high end"... it got paid like one, that I know for sure.

I had cheaper Asus and MSI motherboards in the past and never had similar issues, which makes this even more baffling.

Do we know if is it hardware related?

My Gaming Rig
(9 items)
CPU
Ryzen+ R7 2700X
Motherboard
Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI
GPU
MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
RAM
Kingston HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3K2/16
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
Power Supply
Seasonic G-550
Cooling
Noctua NH-D14
Case
Cooler Master 690 II Advanced
▲ hide details ▲
post #656 of 697 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 07:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by jmaxsohmer View Post
I was on F3 initially, although I didn't find "Load Optimized Defaults" in the instruction manual until after I started flashing newer versions. I definitely tried it with F8 - not sure about F4g. Strangely, Load Optimized Defaults doesn't pick up my 970 Pro NVMe as a boot option by default, but I can force it to by going into HDD Properties.

No Fast Boot yet, although I've considered enabling it just to see if I can cut the 30 seconds down to 15. RAM is technically an overclock for the motherboard, but I'm using vanilla XMP Profile 1. No custom tuning. (EDIT: I've also reproduced the behavior with the default 2133 MHz setting, no XMP.)

I haven't changed any settings regarding letting devices wake the computer, so it's whatever the default and/or Optimized Defaults were. I'll poke at that today when I get a chance to make sure there isn't something I overlooked. It does come out of not-sleep with a key-press or mouse movement though.

Ryzan Master is installed for Windows. I didn't try installing that when I live-booted to Ubuntu - I don't think it even exists for Linux. Are there even chipset drivers available? Quick Google search didn't turn them up. I thought confirming the behavior on Linux was sufficient to rule out settings/driver/software issues, but I suppose it's possible that neither Windows nor Linux sends the right signals out of the box.

I'll try F4e and F3 again, making sure I get Load Optimized Defaults. I'll also check the wake settings in the BIOS. I'll report back after I've tried both. Thanks!
Apologies for the delay - I was out of town for a bit.

I have just flashed back to F3 and set Load Optimized Defaults. I left the memory profile at default (2133 MHz) instead of using XMP Profile 1. Still no improvement.. Last permutation to try is turning XMP back on, but I have little optimism at this point. If that doesn't work, I guess it's time to contact Gigabyte support so they can tell me that it's my fault for using non-QVL memory (even though there are no 32 GB kits on QVL for a board that claims to support up to 64 GB).

Anyone else have any other ideas?

EDIT: Confirmed no improvement with F3, XMP Profile 1, and Load Optimized Defaults. Sadness.

Last edited by jmaxsohmer; 02-12-2019 at 08:03 AM.
post #657 of 697 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 03:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Apologies for the delay - I was out of town for a bit.

I have just flashed back to F3 and set Load Optimized Defaults. I left the memory profile at default (2133 MHz) instead of using XMP Profile 1. Still no improvement.. Last permutation to try is turning XMP back on, but I have little optimism at this point. If that doesn't work, I guess it's time to contact Gigabyte support so they can tell me that it's my fault for using non-QVL memory (even though there are no 32 GB kits on QVL for a board that claims to support up to 64 GB).

Anyone else have any other ideas?

EDIT: Confirmed no improvement with F3, XMP Profile 1, and Load Optimized Defaults. Sadness.
Have you tried F8 bios? Anything from F6E onwards for me allowed ram timings that were not previously possible

Edit: Also make sure you use Ryzen Dram Calculator

post #658 of 697 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 04:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Maracus View Post
Have you tried F8 bios? Anything from F6E onwards for me allowed ram timings that were not previously possible

Edit: Also make sure you use Ryzen Dram Calculator
Yes, same problem with F8.

I just downloaded the calculator, but I'll need to find the values to plug in. Pity it can't auto-load them. However, I'm using vanilla XMP Profile 1 without any additional tweaking beyond that (and the same problem occurs with default 2133 MHz timings anyway, so it's definitely not an overclock problem). Memtest86 passes with zero errors on a full run. The only symptom I have is the fail during sleep.
post #659 of 697 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 11:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Yes, same problem with F8.

I just downloaded the calculator, but I'll need to find the values to plug in. Pity it can't auto-load them. However, I'm using vanilla XMP Profile 1 without any additional tweaking beyond that (and the same problem occurs with default 2133 MHz timings anyway, so it's definitely not an overclock problem). Memtest86 passes with zero errors on a full run. The only symptom I have is the fail during sleep.
You're running 32GB with 4 sticks - correct? As a test perhaps see what happens with 16GB in the A channel or 16GB in the B channel and see if you still have the same issue.

If you are using 2 sticks see what happens if you run just one stick of memory. Obviously I'm not suggesting living with it like that - it should work as Gigabyte advertises. But it may help you narrow the issue down.
post #660 of 697 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 07:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Timbo2 View Post
You're running 32GB with 4 sticks - correct? As a test perhaps see what happens with 16GB in the A channel or 16GB in the B channel and see if you still have the same issue.

If you are using 2 sticks see what happens if you run just one stick of memory. Obviously I'm not suggesting living with it like that - it should work as Gigabyte advertises. But it may help you narrow the issue down.
2x16. I'll try that shortly. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in