Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI overclocking & discussion thread - Page 67 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI overclocking & discussion thread

post #661 of 963 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 03:57 PM
Sexagenarian

Rep: 28 (Unique: 21)
Quote: Originally Posted by arkantos91 View Post
Any news from GB acknowledging the rear audio port issue?

Nothing I can do is able to fix it unless I completely shut the pc off and turn the PSU switch off and then back on.

This is totally unacceptable for a motherboard which is not entry level and claims to be "high end"... it got paid like one, that I know for sure.

I had cheaper Asus and MSI motherboards in the past and never had similar issues, which makes this even more baffling.

Do we know if is it hardware related?
I believe it is but have no definitive proof , that said , it behaves similarly on Linux to how it does on windows .
At this stage I have pulled the board out and put an Asus Crosshair vii Hero in . A pretty expensive solution though .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 963 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 09:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
is it possible to disable spread spectrum? I looked for the option but I did not find it ...
post #663 of 963 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 12:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by pony-tail View Post
I believe it is but have no definitive proof , that said , it behaves similarly on Linux to how it does on windows .
At this stage I have pulled the board out and put an Asus Crosshair vii Hero in . A pretty expensive solution though .
Just an FYI for you and anyone else having this issue.

Gigabyte support answered to me on this.

They said

Quote:
Dear *******,

Thank you for emailing GIGABYTE.
We are delighted with your interest in our products.

Please try update the Firmware attached and see if it helps:

IFU_xe32_v1090.zip

Regards
I did it and now we will see if the issue will still be showing up or not.

I don't know though why they didn't put this file available for anyone on the product page among drivers and other stuff.

It's not a BIOS update, just a firmware update but I don't know exactly for what. I'm not even sure I did it correctly because after flashing my PC restarted automatically and then after rebooting no confirmation or anything else showed up.
Attached Files
File Type: zip IFU_xe32_v1090.zip (1.87 MB, 62 views)

Last edited by arkantos91; 02-22-2019 at 12:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #664 of 963 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 03:39 AM
PC Enthusiast

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by arkantos91 View Post
Just an FYI for you and anyone else having this issue.

Gigabyte support answered to me on this.

They said

I did it and now we will see if the issue will still be showing up or not.

I don't know though why they didn't put this file available for anyone on the product page among drivers and other stuff.

It's not a BIOS update, just a firmware update but I don't know exactly for what. I'm not even sure I did it correctly because after flashing my PC restarted automatically and then after rebooting no confirmation or anything else showed up.
It seems to be firmware update for ITE8686E chip which takes care of reading temps/voltages/fan speeds (based on HWinfo). Did you create the pdf file or it was included within the zip? And, BTW, thanks for sharing.
post #665 of 963 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 10:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Is it still considered a solid choice ? Or Alternatives like x470 gaming pro carbon or crosshair vii are better now ?

3200CD14 16GTZR compatibility issues?

The rear output audio problem is a standard one? Although I intend to use usb presonus audio card.
post #666 of 963 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 01:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Mikkinen View Post
is it possible to disable spread spectrum? I looked for the option but I did not find it ...
Not with any version up to F5. I haven't tried anything past that.
post #667 of 963 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 01:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by demone View Post
Is it still considered a solid choice ? Or Alternatives like x470 gaming pro carbon or crosshair vii are better now ?

The rear output audio problem is a standard one? Although I intend to use usb presonus audio card.
I'm happy now, but I've never dumped so many hours into a motherboard. And I've built lots of PCs. Gigabyte's support was not good in my opinion either. This is my last Gigabyte purchase in the foreseeable future. If I had it to do over again I'd choose another manufacturer.
post #668 of 963 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 10:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Timbo2 View Post

I'm happy now, but I've never dumped so many hours into a motherboard. And I've built lots of PCs. Gigabyte's support was not good in my opinion either. This is my last Gigabyte purchase in the foreseeable future. If I had it to do over again I'd choose another manufacturer.
I can feel your pain spending hours to sleep problem, but let me also tell you that coming from sleep /hibernate has some issues to all manufacturers, since I remember from many years back. Too many variables involved this theme. Anyway happy for you , at least you solved the issue.

As I have to get involved building desktop from DFI/Abit years is it wise spending money to this board over the b450 tomahawk MSI ?

How is the support level these years from gigabyte? (Considering the upcoming ryzen 3000) ?

Vrms power delivery except this board from gigabyte in b450/x470 is relatively weak, comparing let's say to Asus series or MSI that have more boards capable to support ryzen 3000.

That makes me think that is more probable the Asus team work more to put out BIOS es supporting the upcoming future ryzens comparing to gigabyte team.

Edit: the rev.1.1 of this board also makes me think that the audio back output issue is hw related ?

Edit 2: M2 slot underneath the VGA is a good idea?

Last edited by demone; 02-24-2019 at 12:51 AM.
post #669 of 963 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 04:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by PTuT View Post
It seems to be firmware update for ITE8686E chip which takes care of reading temps/voltages/fan speeds (based on HWinfo). Did you create the pdf file or it was included within the zip? And, BTW, thanks for sharing.
That very zip file was sent to me by Gigabyte itself, pdf included of course.

If that chip only takes care of reading I can't see how it could be responsible for the audio issue but what do I know. Maybe it also handles voltages and that could be the cause too.
post #670 of 963 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 05:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

As I have to get involved building desktop from DFI/Abit years is it wise spending money to this board over the b450 tomahawk MSI ?

How is the support level these years from gigabyte? (Considering the upcoming ryzen 3000) ?

Vrms power delivery except this board from gigabyte in b450/x470 is relatively weak, comparing let's say to Asus series or MSI that have more boards capable to support ryzen 3000.

That makes me think that is more probable the Asus team work more to put out BIOS es supporting the upcoming future ryzens comparing to gigabyte team.
I understand no manufacturer is perfect. So far Asus has been my best experience. And surprisingly I've done bunch of budget builds with ASRock and been very happy. Given issues I've read I'm not sure I'd use them for a premium build, but my personal experience has been good.

I wouldn't expect the support issue at Gigabyte to get better based on this:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/gi...019,38543.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in