Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI overclocking & discussion thread - Page 69 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI overclocking & discussion thread

post #681 of 697 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 05:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
First time I ran into this audio issue... I noticed that it is not entirely dead but instead very very quiet, so if you got an amp, you can still hear it "working". obviously not a fix... but still
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #682 of 697 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 06:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I have encountered a strange problem, and I'm not sure if it's the MB or my GPU (vega64).

Yesterday i was playing some PUBG with my friend, and i got a system freeze while playing.
So i turned it off, and turned it back on again and it didn't boot, GPU error lamp is now on. turned it off, switched to bios nr2, and it boots just fine. as always when that lamp turns on and when it wont boot. (this refusing to boot thing has happened plenty of times)
I reflash BIOS nr1 to the latest version (F8) again, put in all my settings, get back into windows.
I try to continue playing my game, but now my GPU clocks wont stay stable when i play as shown in the picture (orange and purple). and it's very annoying and not enjoyable to play with massive fps drops.

is it my mb that's doing this or is maybe my Vega crapping out?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Merknad 2019-03-17 141130.png
Views:	10
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	259754  

post #683 of 697 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 07:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Pimaddafakkr View Post
I have encountered a strange problem, and I'm not sure if it's the MB or my GPU (vega64).

Yesterday i was playing some PUBG with my friend, and i got a system freeze while playing.
So i turned it off, and turned it back on again and it didn't boot, GPU error lamp is now on. turned it off, switched to bios nr2, and it boots just fine. as always when that lamp turns on and when it wont boot. (this refusing to boot thing has happened plenty of times)
I reflash BIOS nr1 to the latest version (F8) again, put in all my settings, get back into windows.
I try to continue playing my game, but now my GPU clocks wont stay stable when i play as shown in the picture (orange and purple). and it's very annoying and not enjoyable to play with massive fps drops.

is it my mb that's doing this or is maybe my Vega crapping out?
Is the card running stock? or did you apply OC/UV/?? to it?
Whats your power supply? Do you use multiple cables to power your card or a Y-cable (chained connection)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #684 of 697 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 08:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Ceremony64 View Post
Is the card running stock? or did you apply OC/UV/?? to it?
Whats your power supply? Do you use multiple cables to power your card or a Y-cable (chained connection)?

it's OC'd a bit, my PSU is a Corsair Hx 1000W with a Y-cable to the GPU.
But since you mentioned it, i changed it to 2 cables, instead of one. No change in the GPU behavior .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2pcie kabler + stock.png
Views:	16
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	259944  

Last edited by Pimaddafakkr; 03-18-2019 at 09:34 AM.
post #685 of 697 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 09:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

if possible, try if using two cables make a difference (lower voltage droop to the card) and see if stock behaves differently.

also check if you get those dips and stutters when you increase the power limit to 50% (just stick fans to 100% temporarily).

does your vega have dual bios? if so, does the issue persist for both vbios?
post #686 of 697 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 10:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Ceremony64 View Post
if possible, try if using two cables make a difference (lower voltage droop to the card) and see if stock behaves differently.

also check if you get those dips and stutters when you increase the power limit to 50% (just stick fans to 100% temporarily).

does your vega have dual bios? if so, does the issue persist for both vbios?
^^i changed to the 2nd vbios, which is the original bios. And from the very little test i did (5 min) they seem to be holding stable under load now.
thanks a lot for the help

Seems maybe the flashed vbios have become corrupted of sorts, but how would that affect POST / boot up? and why would a reflash of the MB bios then allow it to boot?
post #687 of 697 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 03:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

i have... no idea really. I had some vbios troubles as well which even ddu couldnt solve the last time around. in the end I had to reinstall windows and just hope that it will never ever happen again. which it hasn't so far ^^

I suspect that there is a combination of mbios and vbios for some settings like power-voltage-frequency-curves and the likes and when switching either bios (m- or vbios), the old "broken" curves no longer apply.
post #688 of 697 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 07:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

I contacted Gigabyte Support about the near-silent audio issue and they sent me a new firmware for... something? Doesn't seem to be for the audio controller itself but for some temperature controller or something? ITE IT8686 to be exact.

I'm sharing the gb-provided files with you. I just updated it and it didn't at least break my computer, but be warned: The update utility causes a hard reboot (no soft shutdown beforehand), so make sure EVERYTHING is closed before you run this update!
Download (virus total report)

Report back if you still run into that audio issue!
post #689 of 697 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 07:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

I flashed the firmware on my board a few weeks ago, not had any audio issues since (touch wood)

post #690 of 697 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 10:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by ichiban View Post
I flashed the firmware on my board a few weeks ago, not had any audio issues since (touch wood)
Same here, no issues after 3 weeks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in