Optimal settings for ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Optimal settings for ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING

Old 06-07-2018, 09:56 PM
New to Overclock.net
allikat will become famous soon enough allikat will become famous soon enough allikat will become famous soon enough allikat will become famous soon enough allikat will become famous soon enough allikat will become famous soon enough

Quote: Originally Posted by coreupted View Post
There's so many variables it's hard to say but i also had the X470 Pro and all worked there too.

Reading other threads i see the same as in here. IMC Determines how good/How bad your time is with Ryzen, Ryzen+.
Though i would say better chance with latter even though i have seen some with older silicon working great, in the newer Motherboards.
I'm thinking I need to wait for another BIOS revision then. My chip would run my memory at 2933 all day long on my old B350 board, along with a 3.8GHz overclock which I got up to 3.9 for a while, but as the mosfets were cooking under the tiny heatsink at even 3.7Ghz all cores on an r5 1600...
I wanted a better built board with more features that could stand up to a future upgrade to Ryzen 3000. I was also hoping to really see what my chip could do when given a well built, well heatsinked VRM to power it.

At least this board has decent onboard audio.

Quotage is Epic (Click to show)
Quote:
Why do I have 6 monitors? Because I don't have room for 8. (Terry Pratchett)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2019, 01:56 PM
New to Overclock.net
mjukisdjur

Trying my luck to see if anyone have found any optimal and stable settings!

See my spec at the signature.
Today Im quite satisfied with my memmory speed, but are wery unsure about what to set at cpu speed

Memory running stable at 3533MT/s 14-15-15-15-30-46 1N (1T) everything accordingly to DRAM calc.
Did even fill in the BEST CPU/DRAM stability from the calc (under Power Supply Stystem)

Was going for auto on cpu, but the main board over-volts the CPU loads at auto.. Im at 1,45-1,47 peaking over 1.51V in AUTO? how is this possible?
Now I have put the Voltage at 1.31250V bios says 3700MHz but every program in windows says 4100MHz (x41.0)

Did learn that AI suite is ******* my computer up.. so uninstall that if you have problem with freezes and reboots.
Stable for 20h+ in ram test with "stress FPU" enabled.

Well what do you guys clock your CPU?
And do you add in the data from dram calc from the power supply? Sould I keep it or put auto? Have no clue at all regarding the phases atm..

BR

Asus Rog x470-F, Ryzen 2700x cooling Noctua D15, G.Skill Ripjaws V Black DDR4 3600MHz 2x8GB CL16 (F4-3600C16D-16GVK), MSI RTX 2080, M2 Samsung 970 + M2 Kingston UV500 + Samsung 860 SSD.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in