MSI MEG Creation or Gigabyte Aorus Extreme For TR2 - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

MSI MEG Creation or Gigabyte Aorus Extreme For TR2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #41 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 01:58 AM - Thread Starter
In VB's Basement
 
ENTERPRISE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: England,UK
Posts: 64,059
Quote: Originally Posted by rottencat View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by lowdog View Post
Hope they can come up with a fix sooner rather than later.
Any updates? Im deciding between Creation and GBAE for 2950x
I believe their latest BETA Bios fixes SOC Voltages. A finished BIOS should be released soon.


Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form



ENTERPRISE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 09:38 AM
Linux Lobbyist
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 5
Rep: 0
So, what is the best motherboard for TR2 ?
Hisp is offline  
post #43 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter
In VB's Basement
 
ENTERPRISE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: England,UK
Posts: 64,059
Quote: Originally Posted by Hisp View Post
So, what is the best motherboard for TR2 ?

Well it depends on some factors



1. Which TR CPU are you going for ?

2. Is onboard 10Gbe Lan required ?

3. Are you looking to OC ?



If it is a 2990WX CPU you are lookig at to OC then I would strongly recommend the Meg Creation. If you are getting something like the 2950X or below then the Gigabyte Auros would do you just fine and has onboard 10Gbe Lan if that is a factor.



The MSI Meg excels in its power delivery system, not to mention the fairly beasty cooling the VRM's have. This board I think in reality is for those with a 2990WX looking to OC and those looking to OC where they think they are going to need a strong power delivery back bone.


ENTERPRISE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #44 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 12:09 PM
Linux Lobbyist
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 5
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
Well it depends on some factors



1. Which TR CPU are you going for ?

2. Is onboard 10Gbe Lan required ?

3. Are you looking to OC ?



If it is a 2990WX CPU you are lookig at to OC then I would strongly recommend the Meg Creation. If you are getting something like the 2950X or below then the Gigabyte Auros would do you just fine and has onboard 10Gbe Lan if that is a factor.



The MSI Meg excels in its power delivery system, not to mention the fairly beasty cooling the VRM's have. This board I think in reality is for those with a 2990WX looking to OC and those looking to OC where they think they are going to need a strong power delivery back bone.

I want to buy 2950x, but i also wanna the best motherboard))
1Gb - is fine for me, if need 10Gb i can buy Aqua)

So....if i use 2950x, Will be Meg better Aorus?

Last edited by Hisp; 09-13-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Hisp is offline  
post #45 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 08:44 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
lowdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 289
Rep: 14 (Unique: 13)
Quote: Originally Posted by rottencat View Post
Any updates? Im deciding between Creation and GBAE for 2950x

Latest betas 123 - 124 and 125 have all fixed the SOC voltage issues and wake from sleep issues...pretty good now.

1/X399 MSI MEG - 2950X + Vega 64 Custom WC - G.Skill 4 x 16GB DR b-die @ 2933MHz - 3 x 1TB Intel NVme M.2 + 1TB & 500MB SSD - Silverstone 1500W - yay
2/Z390 MAXIMUS XI GENE - 9900K/Corsair H115i Pro + 1080Ti - G.Skill TridentZ F4-3600C17D-32GTRZ - 2 x 1TB ADATA SX8200 Pro M.2 NVMe - Seasonic 1300W Platinum - yo
lowdog is offline  
post #46 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 09:44 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Kana Chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 691
Rep: 16 (Unique: 14)
16 cores + X399M Taichi ( 4 slot motherboard with reduced traces and potentially lower ram latency if you like ram overclocking )

32 cores + MSI X399 ( 40mV lower than the Zenith at 4.1ghz from TTL's review )
Kana Chan is offline  
post #47 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 12:28 AM
Linux Lobbyist
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 5
Rep: 0
It`s really hard to decide .....
Aorus or Meg....
Fortunately, i found a lot of info about Asus Zenith isn`t the best option x) (Because originally I wanted to take it)
Hisp is offline  
post #48 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 03:04 AM - Thread Starter
In VB's Basement
 
ENTERPRISE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: England,UK
Posts: 64,059
Quote: Originally Posted by Hisp View Post
It`s really hard to decide .....
Aorus or Meg....
Fortunately, i found a lot of info about Asus Zenith isn`t the best option x) (Because originally I wanted to take it)
Personally I would go for the MEG and not look back in your situation considering 10Gbe on board is no longer a factor. Nothing wrong with the Gigabyte but if you are looking for the best option overall, it is the MEG in my humble opinion. BIOS has come a long way and only getting better, MSI seem to be hot on it with the BIOS releases (Beta thus far) but will be rolled out officially soon.


ENTERPRISE is offline  
post #49 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 12:51 PM
Linux Lobbyist
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 5
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
Personally I would go for the MEG and not look back in your situation considering 10Gbe on board is no longer a factor. Nothing wrong with the Gigabyte but if you are looking for the best option overall, it is the MEG in my humble opinion. BIOS has come a long way and only getting better, MSI seem to be hot on it with the BIOS releases (Beta thus far) but will be rolled out officially soon.
Okay, i buy meg, now waiting... hope, that is the best motherboard for TR4 2 2950x x)
Hisp is offline  
post #50 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 09:11 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
hedonist222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE
Posts: 9
Rep: 0
Does the msi meg creation let you install the OS and boot up from an nvme pcie ssd?

Thanks
hedonist222 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off