1. For few weeks I had issue with system spinning the GPU fans while the PC was supposed to be off, and I could not find how to fix it permanently, except powering down PSU completely. After i upgraded BIOS to latest (3.70) the issue was fixed.
However each BIOS since the first version has the same issue = SATA controller cannot be disabled permanently and shows up in Windows Device manager.
2. After one year i cleaned the case and CPU cooler from the dust and re-fitted it with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut (note. 1g package is required for whole Threadripper surface). Also i replaced the case fan in front of CPU cooler with Noctua F12 PWM.
Result is that CPU temp went down from 75°C (year ago it was 68°C, dust buildup, thermal paste age and Radeon VII added a lot of heat from ambience) under Prime95 to 68°C, while idle temp is now 26°C (was 29°C), post boot is 24°C. Should get even better when Radeon VII gets water cooler.
3. I installed newer AMD Chipset drivers.
At first glance, no issue ocurred however first reboot caused graphic corruption for no (other) apparent reason.
4. Spent some time tuning AMD Radeon Settings.
Some games (Witcher series) now look really really good on 4K.
--- Building in progress
* AMD Threadripper 1900x * Asrock X399M Taichi * Radeon VII * Gskill Xflare / Samsung B-die 3200 14-14-14-32 * Samsung 970 PRO 512gb * Fractal Design Node 804 * Seasonic Prime Ultra 850 Titanium *
--- Desktop * AMD Phenom II x6 1090t @ 3,8GHz * ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 * Gigabyte R9 FuryX * A-Data XPG 2.0 / Elpida Hyper MNH 1866 @ 1600 6-6-6-18
* LSI 9211-8i / Raid 0 / 5x Corsair Force 3 GS * Creative Xfi Fatal1ty * Intel I210-T1 * Steelseries 6Gv2 * Logitech MX518 * Samsung U28E590D *