X399M Taichi + Threadripper 1900x Build Log - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

X399M Taichi + Threadripper 1900x Build Log

post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 02:29 AM - Thread Starter
Tank destroyer and a god

Rep: 86 (Unique: 67)
1. For few weeks I had issue with system spinning the GPU fans while the PC was supposed to be off, and I could not find how to fix it permanently, except powering down PSU completely. After i upgraded BIOS to latest (3.70) the issue was fixed.

However each BIOS since the first version has the same issue = SATA controller cannot be disabled permanently and shows up in Windows Device manager.

2. After one year i cleaned the case and CPU cooler from the dust and re-fitted it with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut (note. 1g package is required for whole Threadripper surface). Also i replaced the case fan in front of CPU cooler with Noctua F12 PWM.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/atta...2&d=1536500467

Result is that CPU temp went down from 75°C (year ago it was 68°C, dust buildup, thermal paste age and Radeon VII added a lot of heat from ambience) under Prime95 to 68°C, while idle temp is now 26°C (was 29°C), post boot is 24°C. Should get even better when Radeon VII gets water cooler.

3. I installed newer AMD Chipset drivers.
At first glance, no issue ocurred however first reboot caused graphic corruption for no (other) apparent reason.

4. Spent some time tuning AMD Radeon Settings.
Some games (Witcher series) now look really really good on 4K.

--- Building in progress * AMD Threadripper 1900x * Asrock X399M Taichi * Radeon VII * Gskill Xflare / Samsung B-die 3200 14-14-14-32 * Samsung 970 PRO 512gb * Fractal Design Node 804 * Seasonic Prime Ultra 850 Titanium *
--- Desktop * AMD Phenom II x6 1090t @ 3,8GHz * ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 * Gigabyte R9 FuryX * A-Data XPG 2.0 / Elpida Hyper MNH 1866 @ 1600 6-6-6-18 * LSI 9211-8i / Raid 0 / 5x Corsair Force 3 GS * Creative Xfi Fatal1ty * Intel I210-T1 * Steelseries 6Gv2 * Logitech MX518 * Samsung U28E590D *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in