2700x Crosshair VII Hero Overclocking - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

2700x Crosshair VII Hero Overclocking

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
theocurtis Level 1

2700x Crosshair VII Hero Overclocking

Hi everyone, just made the move from my FX8350 to a R2700x, finally, and wow...
PC specs:
ASUS Crosshair VII hero [1201BIOS]
Ryzen 2700x Custom WC
16GB Hyperx Predator @[email protected] 18 18 39 85
EVGA GTX 980ti Kraken g12 WC

I have been doing some tweeking, watching videos, and reading forums, and am finally @3.7ghz that boosts to 4.2ghz, i think...
when i am not gaming it seems to idle at 4.14ghz, i think.. so not the 3.7 it says in task manager
See i would like the same as with my FX that on idle it was low core and voltage, and on demand power. Still scratching my head.
Also i knew the HX440C19PB3AK2/16 Kit wouldnt work at the stated 4000mhz but can't go any higher then 3600.
Any tips are welcome as i am new to ryzen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 04:33 PM
New to Overclock.net
nick name

Quote: Originally Posted by theocurtis View Post
Hi everyone, just made the move from my FX8350 to a R2700x, finally, and wow...
PC specs:
ASUS Crosshair VII hero [1201BIOS]
Ryzen 2700x Custom WC
16GB Hyperx Predator @[email protected] 18 18 39 85
EVGA GTX 980ti Kraken g12 WC

I have been doing some tweeking, watching videos, and reading forums, and am finally @3.7ghz that boosts to 4.2ghz, i think...
when i am not gaming it seems to idle at 4.14ghz, i think.. so not the 3.7 it says in task manager
See i would like the same as with my FX that on idle it was low core and voltage, and on demand power. Still scratching my head.
Also i knew the HX440C19PB3AK2/16 Kit wouldnt work at the stated 4000mhz but can't go any higher then 3600.
Any tips are welcome as i am new to ryzen.
- In Windows power plan you'll need to make certain Minimum Processor State is set to a value below 50%. If you don't then the CPU can't go through all its p-states. You can use whichever Windows power plan you'd like.
- Set Performance Bias in BIOS to anything. It optimizes CPU cache and anything is better than nothing.
- Performance Enhancer Level 3 and Level 4 will lock the multiplier and it will not downclock. It's a PBO overclock. Performance Enhancer Level 1 or Level 2 is regular PBO. Any of these will allow the CPU to reach all it's speeds as long as you have Minimum Processor State in Windows power plan to below 50%.
- If you set a manual VCORE voltage then the CPU will behaved as overclocked and will not reach all its speeds. You have to use an offset positive or negative.
- Find the 1usmus DRAM Calculator for Ryzen. Some folks can do 3600MHz with 14-14-14-14 timings while many more have to use 3600MHz 14-15-14-14. Some can get 3666MHz stable with reasonable voltages and very few 3733MHz.
- Get into the Crosshair VII forum.

AMD Ryzen 2700X  |  Fractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  | G.SKILL TridentZ 3636MHz @ 14-15-14-28 2x8GB  | EVGA 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3  | Thermaltake Core P3 Case |

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in