Looking to buy mobo keeping Ryzen 3000 and RAM SPD in mind.
So, I have RAM that needs an X series motherboard and if I am going to buy one now I would like it to be future proof for the 3600X as that is what I am planning to buy when it releases. I currently have An R5 1600 With the Asus B350-f Strix Gaming and I love it. It is definitely one of the best, if not the best, B350 motherboards and it has suited me well. At the moment I have this RAM kit F4-3866C18D-16GTZR as I was able to get it $100 off so why not? It is Samsung B-Die and I would like to run it at its rated speed or something close to it. I am most definitely going to buy the 3600X when it drops and want to OC that as much as possible with the EVGA CLC 280 I got at a price I couldn't say no to (otherwise I would definitely NOT have an AIO water cooler).
Anyways, reading up on X570 it doesn't seem like there is anything there I will need and the X470 boards seems like they are at a good price now. I was thinking of either getting the ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO as I do not need wifi or bt or the Tachi X470 which unfortunately has wifi and bt although it is worse than the expansion card I already have but the VRMs on it seem amazing. I can get the Tachi X470 for 289.99 + tax (324.80) with a 50 dollar mail in rebate or the ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO for 337.49 + tax (375).
Should I go ahead and pick up the ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO tomorrow morning and wait for the 3600X to come out, order in the Taichi X470 and do the same thing, or wait altogether until the X570 board release for either a better price on the X470 boards or get an X570 (which I don't know if I like to afford but maybe they will just take the place of the old X470 boards and be the price I'm spending now?).
Am I over spending for a 3600X and F4-3866C18D-16GTZR RAM and should I consider getting the Strix X470-F Gaming or the Asus prime X470 Pro? Am I being hasty and wait for the x570 series to drop with the new AMD GPUs as well which I fully intend to upgrade to if they give nVidia a run for their money and worth an upgrade from my current OC's GTX 1080?
I really don't know what to do and just want to make sure I am making the best decision. Heck, even my Strix B350-F Gaming is Ryzen 3000 ready already, but it most definitely cannot handle the RAM speeds I want to attain.
Please, any and all advice is much appreciated!
»The Ryzen™ Master•24/7 RØCK SØLIÐ«
AMD Ryzen™ R5 2600X»4.3ghz•16GB G.Skill Trident Z»3200mhz RGB 14-14-14-28-42-1T SamB-Die•RØG STRIX B350-F Gaming»4602•RØG STRIX GTX 1080 A8G»2037mhz/11ghz•Samsung 27" QLED»1440p 144hz•Cørsair RM850x•[U]EVGA CLC 280»Arctic Cøøling P14 PWM Static Pressure Optimised Fans Black»Windøws 10 x64 Pro 1809»"Garbage Editiøn"•2.5TB SSD ∑ størage