Gigabyte B450 Aorus M Strange Issue; - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Gigabyte B450 Aorus M Strange Issue;

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 60 (Unique: 53)
Gigabyte B450 Aorus M Strange Issue;

I just built another computer and now fine tuning the overclocks, voltages, ect.

I'm working on air flow in this tiny Corsair 88r case, Hooked up 2 fans for intake up front directly into the power supply with the molex cable. Hooked up System Fan 1 to the rear fan for exhaust.

Everything runs fine, Ryzen 5 1600 3.85GHz at 1.2-1.25 volts easily, 24hour Prime stable with the stock cooler, never saw past 74C.

I thought I could improve those temps a little bit by installing another exhaust fan since while gaming the GPU does heat up the inside of the case quite a bit, I go to plug in another fan to fan header SYSTEM FAN 2.

This is where I run into problems; I shutdown the computer and it lags, monitor turns off but computer remains running, Hard shutoff and go to reboot; try to get into BIOS and it goes there but Keyboard inputs and mouse inputs are incredibly laggy, doesn't want to respond.

Feels like something isn't working, I bump the voltage up on the CPU thinking it could be that, turns out its not, Return all settings to Default in BIOS and nothing still the same, PC boots up and runs okay no problems, go to shut it down and same thing, monitor turns off but computer remains running, have to hard shutoff everytime pushing the power button. Go back into BIOS and keyboard inputs are non-responsive.

Here's the funny part; I go to disconnect the second exhaust fan from SYSTEM FAN 2 header and I'm back in action, no issues, everything is normal, overclock sticks, shutting the computer off is normal, going into BIOS is normal.

Anyone ever ran into this issue? I'm guessing it has to do something with having power drawn from SYS FAN 2 header with a fan in it.

Now here's another strange thing about it; When I plug in a 3 wire FAN into SYS FAN 2 header; its normal no issues, but when I plug in a 4 wire FAN into SYS FAN 2; I get this issue.

I can live with it since the problem only exist when a 4 wire fan is plugged into it but with a 3 wire fan its completely fine. Just looking for someone to chime in if they know what this problem may be.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-25-2020, 06:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by httuner View Post
, I go to plug in another fan to fan header SYSTEM FAN 2.

This is where I run into problems; I shutdown the computer and it lags, monitor turns off but computer remains running, Hard shutoff and go to reboot; try to get into BIOS and it goes there but Keyboard inputs and mouse inputs are incredibly laggy, doesn't want to respond.

Here's the funny part; I go to disconnect the second exhaust fan from SYSTEM FAN 2 header and I'm back in action, no issues, everything is normal, overclock sticks, shutting the computer off is normal, going into BIOS is normal.
Hello httuner, fan calibration, did you run it after plug in 4 pins PWM type fan? all the fan headers are dual mode but must run calibration once to let the motherboard determine the fan type hence applying between DC mode vs. PWM mode accordingly.

Your post been well over a year, may be you've solved it, just curious if you did.

3800x Taichi_X370 Sapphire5700 CX750M [email protected] PoseidonAbsoluteZero3 in Barrow PWM-17w DDC pump> CPU>420x140x28 TT_core_V71
ram 4x8GB HOF4CXLBS3600K17LD162C
CPU
Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard
ASRock X370 Taichi
GPU
Sapphire 5700 Pulse
RAM
Galax Hall of Fame HOF4CXLBS3600K17LD162C
Hard Drive
Optane 900p
Power Supply
Corsair CX750
Cooling
Liquid cool single loop GPU > 420x140x86 > CPU > 420x140x28
Cooling
Alphacool NexXxoS XP³ Light - Brass Black Chrome
Case
TT Core V71
Monitor
Acer XG270HU
Mouse
Roccat Tyon
Audio
DIY raw-loudspeaker, DIY box, 3-ways full active 48dB/oct
Other
Thrustmaster TWCS
CPU
Ryzen 3 2200G
Motherboard
ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0
RAM
G.Skill F4-3000C16S-8GISB
Hard Drive
HiKvision E2000
Cooling
AMD Wraith
Case
GTR S608 silver
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
CPU
Ryzen 1700X
Motherboard
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M
RAM
Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15
Hard Drive
Adata SX8200 pro
Power Supply
Gigabyte P650B
Case
AIGO/爱国者A16 plus 台式主机电脑机箱
Monitor
TCL显示器34英寸准4K曲面144Hz电竞游戏21:9带鱼屏PS4液晶2k电脑32屏幕27 T34M6CW
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in