x470 or x570? - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

x470 or x570?

post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 10:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by Hale59 View Post
I agree with you and I'm on a same position. Exchange rate - 15 to US$. Then Distributor profits. After that, retailer profits.

But I am not going for Ryzen 9's.

Off topic: If you are planning to sell your2700X, send me a PM.
Hi brother I thought it was you. Currently we looking at USD x 22 or 21 to effectively give pricing in SA so tge R15 exchange does not say much.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

AMD
(9 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
GALAX RTX 2080 TI OC
RAM
G.Skill f4-3200c14d-16gtzr tridentz rgb
Hard Drive
Crucial MX300 M.2 SSD
Power Supply
Corsair HX1200i
Cooling
CoolerMaster MLW-D24M-A20PC-R1 MasterLiquid ML240L 240mm RGB Liquid CPU Cooler
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Dell U2717D 27" UltraSharp InfinityEdge LED Monitor
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 10:31 AM
⤷ αC

Rep: 871 (Unique: 575)
Quote: Originally Posted by Redwoodz View Post
This comparison is dubious. First off the Taichi is not 12 40amp stages it's 12+4. Secondly the VRM heatsink is quite substantial, has any proper testing been done to compare them? The reviewer could not even overclock the Taichi properly'
Thirdly VRM temps are GREATLY affected by LLC settings, no mention was made of any setting...likely used auto.

I have never seen the VRM's on my Taichi go over 67c, and that was at 32c ambient temps pushing 1.53v through a 12 thread 2600 on a single fan air cooler.
only 12 are for VCore and if you're using a Ryzen 5 2600 you're going to get different power draw than a 8 core.

If you're using an air cooler you get more airflow over the VRM also.

Quote: Originally Posted by VPII View Post
Seriously.... why should I spend s ton of money "South Africa" on a X570 mobo when I have an Asus Crosshair Vii Hero which will give over 1000watt at 1.7vcore under ln2. Ill drop a Ryzen 9 3900x into it snd see how it goes. When I have more info regarding the new boards Ill make an educated decision.

Why are you making his thread about you?
If you have a Crosshair VII Hero there really isn't a reason to buy a X570 board unless you plan on making use of the PCIE 4.0 since it sounds like you never use AVX instructions anyway.

If you're using a board under Ln2 , rather than under water it's a different operating scenario because the board is also dissipating heat via the LN2. In addition, the CPU is consuming less than if it were the same at ambient for any given voltage because lower temps lower leakage.

""Many of you know that I have often recommended X470 GAMING M7 AC. This board is one of the best that is now on the shelves. But at the moment I have to warn all users. Zen 2 support is not currently available. Deception."

https://twitter.com/1usmus/status/1140600080975781888
Even if the M7 is decent in memory overclocking (it's basically Pro Carbon + 2 power phases via doublers), the components and overall package of the Crosshair VII hero are so much better that I wouldn't bother looking at the M7.

1usmus is overlooking the fact that the M7 is basically a midtier board with thicker PCB: it doesn't even have a heatpipe for its power delivery or powerstages instead of discrete mosfets.

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

Last edited by AlphaC; 06-17-2019 at 10:42 AM.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 10:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by AlphaC View Post
only 12 are for VCore and if you're using a Ryzen 5 2600 you're going to get different power draw than a 8 core.

If you're using an air cooler you get more airflow over the VRM also.

Why are you making his thread about you?
If you have a Crosshair VII Hero there really isn't a reason to buy a X570 board unless you plan on making use of the PCIE 4.0 since it sounds like you never use AVX instructions anyway.

If you're using a board under Ln2 , rather than under water it's a different operating scenario because the board is also dissipating heat via the LN2. In addition, the CPU is consuming less than if it were the same at ambient for any given voltage because lower temps lower leakage.

Even if the M7 is decent in memory overclocking (it's basically Pro Carbon + 2 power phases via doublers), the components and overall package of the Crosshair VII hero are so much better that I wouldn't bother looking at the M7.

1usmus is overlooking the fact that the M7 is basically a midtier board with thicker PCB: it doesn't even have a heatpipe for its power delivery or powerstages instead of discrete mosfets.
Hi AlphaC sorry if I sounded like I sm msking it sbout me. I was just responding to people stating thst getting an x570 bosrd is the only way to go or so it seemed. So sorry if my reaction was uncalled for, I himbly apologize.

AMD
(9 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
GALAX RTX 2080 TI OC
RAM
G.Skill f4-3200c14d-16gtzr tridentz rgb
Hard Drive
Crucial MX300 M.2 SSD
Power Supply
Corsair HX1200i
Cooling
CoolerMaster MLW-D24M-A20PC-R1 MasterLiquid ML240L 240mm RGB Liquid CPU Cooler
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Dell U2717D 27" UltraSharp InfinityEdge LED Monitor
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 12:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 8)
MSI MEG X570 Godlike (X570, ATX, DDR4, AMD) - EUR 724,01

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07ST23K9B/
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 04:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)

Sometimes I wonder if it's even worth for these guys to do it. I know it helps the brand, but seriously... how many ppl will buy it?
I'm pretty sure my X470 Taichi will do perfect for the new CPUs... PCIe 4? No need that crap
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 12:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 15)

Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme - EUR 1104,60

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by SystemTech View Post
Also, keep your eyes on the Gigabyte Aorus boards.
I've heard the BIOS has been heavily reworked and is way better now (Obviously will have to see when reviews come out if this is true)
But for top tier, the Aorus X570 Xtreme is super overkill for pushing a 3950X as it can potentially deliver 1000Amps to the CPU @ 1.2V
The waterforce is basically the same but with a stock full board water block.
I just saw a Waterforce bundled with the pre-bin 5.1GHz 9900k. rool:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in