(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread) - Page 104 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1031 of 2410 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 06:06 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 40
Rep: 0
Yeah im us ing HwInfo. Played Pubg the other day for less than an hour and the pch temp went to 86°C :/
Could it be a temperature offset like it was with ryzen 1st gen where the temps were showing 20°C more ?

The other chipset temp is around 55-56°C on idle.

Last edited by CaptnJones; 08-08-2019 at 06:10 AM.
CaptnJones is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1032 of 2410 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 06:14 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
panni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 49
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptnJones View Post
Yeah im us ing HwInfo. Played Pubg the other day for less than an hour and the pch temp went to 86°C :/
Could it be a temperature offset like it was with ryzen 1st gen where the temps were showing 20°C more ?

The other chipset temp is around 55-56°C on idle.
I have a similar issue. The other temp is way lower (and more realistic, as I'm not putting any PCIE 4.0 through there). Which temp is used by the fan curve in the BIOS?

Home
(7 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard
Gigabyte AORUS X570 Pro
GPU
Geforce 1080 Ti
RAM
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT V2
Power Supply
Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 750
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv
▲ hide details ▲
panni is online now  
post #1033 of 2410 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 06:41 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
rjeftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 108
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptnJones View Post
Yeah im us ing HwInfo. Played Pubg the other day for less than an hour and the pch temp went to 86°C :/
Could it be a temperature offset like it was with ryzen 1st gen where the temps were showing 20°C more ?

The other chipset temp is around 55-56°C on idle.
That's pretty warm man, what kinda case/airflow setup you have going. On my P5 and my Wetbench I stay around 50-60C. Granted its just open to the room temp air.

Maybe repaste it?

3900X | X570 Aorus Master | EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW w/Hydrocopper Block | 4X8GB GSkill 3600C16 | Sabrent 1TB M.2 Drive | EVGA 750G3 | EK Velocity AM4 Block, EKWB 360XE P/P ML120's, HWLabs 480 GTS push Noctua Chromax, EK D5 140mm| Tower 900 WIP
rjeftw is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1034 of 2410 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 07:07 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 17
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptnJones View Post
Can you please do me a favour and run heaven benchmark for 15min and then check your pch temps?
Im also having issues with high pch temp. Mine idles at 71-72°C
in latest HWInfo (at least on the Master) - there's 2 different chipset temps being reported. Not sure if there's a bug in HWINFO or 2 actual different sensors? In either case - one is ~12-15 degrees hotter than the other..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chipset.PNG
Views:	14
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	287162  

jsgiv is offline  
post #1035 of 2410 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 07:17 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Lancerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 70
Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by jsgiv View Post
in latest HWInfo (at least on the Master) - there's 2 different chipset temps being reported. Not sure if there's a bug in HWINFO or 2 actual different sensors? In either case - one is ~12-15 degrees hotter than the other..
Mine is exactly the same, one temp is always about 15c higher than the other.
Lancerz is offline  
post #1036 of 2410 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 09:04 AM
OCP
New to Overclock.net
 
OCP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 41
Rep: 0
any fix for the bios reset after reboot?
and whats this firmware update i get popped up everytime i boot into windows? i update it and it resets my bios and i have to flash again.
also, 4x16gb 3466mhz dominator rgb memory doesn't work as 4 sticks anymore, only 2, xmp or not.
aorus master x570

Last edited by OCP; 08-08-2019 at 10:57 AM.
OCP is offline  
post #1037 of 2410 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 09:19 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
pschorr1123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 325
Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
@gbt Matthew,

Is there a way you guys can add an option to the bios to turn off the Addressable RBG channel and Rear IO ARGB when system is off? I'm on the 2nd latest bios for the Master and just added an ARGB Fan (5v, data, empty, ground) that stays on along with the rear IO that I have set to digital wave when the system is off. B4 when I had the rear IO set to color cycle along with rest of standard RGB (12v, R,G,B) it would turn off after shut down.

I looked in the bios and only found options to turn off the power button LED.


Thanks, not the end of the world but annoying for an old fart with mild ocd as myself, lol!

x570 Aorus Master, R7 3700X, 16GB G Skill F4-3600C16D-16GVK, Rx Vega 64 Liquid, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo m.2 boot drive, Corsair CX750M, Samsung 860 evo 500GB sata steam ssd, Toshiba DT01ACA300 (3TB x 2), Toshiba HDWE150 5TB (sounds like wood pecker when playing video file it.)
pschorr1123 is offline  
post #1038 of 2410 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 10:48 AM
Old dog, likes new tricks
 
Bart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 2,289
Rep: 77 (Unique: 64)
Quote: Originally Posted by pschorr1123 View Post
@gbt Matthew,

Is there a way you guys can add an option to the bios to turn off the Addressable RBG channel and Rear IO ARGB when system is off? I'm on the 2nd latest bios for the Master and just added an ARGB Fan (5v, data, empty, ground) that stays on along with the rear IO that I have set to digital wave when the system is off. B4 when I had the rear IO set to color cycle along with rest of standard RGB (12v, R,G,B) it would turn off after shut down.

I looked in the bios and only found options to turn off the power button LED.


Thanks, not the end of the world but annoying for an old fart with mild ocd as myself, lol!
It's already in there somewhere (I'm at work so I can't check what BIOS screen it's under). I have some ARGB fans running off the 5v too, and they always shut down on power off. In fact, I *think* that option was set by default, but I could be wrong.

Bart is offline  
post #1039 of 2410 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 11:06 AM
Hardware Rep
 
GBT-MatthewH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 462
Rep: 42 (Unique: 33)
Quote: Originally Posted by pschorr1123 View Post
@gbt Matthew,

Is there a way you guys can add an option to the bios to turn off the Addressable RBG channel and Rear IO ARGB when system is off? I'm on the 2nd latest bios for the Master and just added an ARGB Fan (5v, data, empty, ground) that stays on along with the rear IO that I have set to digital wave when the system is off. B4 when I had the rear IO set to color cycle along with rest of standard RGB (12v, R,G,B) it would turn off after shut down.
Your LED's stay on when powered off? Mine go off... You can turn them off during sleep/hibernate by going to RGB Fusion -> Gear

Quote: Originally Posted by CaptnJones View Post
Yeah im us ing HwInfo. Played Pubg the other day for less than an hour and the pch temp went to 86°C :/
The other chipset temp is around 55-56°C on idle.
Quote: Originally Posted by panni View Post
I have a similar issue. The other temp is way lower (and more realistic, as I'm not putting any PCIE 4.0 through there). Which temp is used by the fan curve in the BIOS?
I still don't know what the 1st temperature reading in HWInfo is referencing. It was introduced a version or two ago and seem anomalous. For now ignore it. The second temp is the correct one, and the one the PCH fan curve applies to.
Attached Images
 
GBT-MatthewH is offline  
post #1040 of 2410 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 12:18 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 7
Rep: 0
Just to add

Quote: Originally Posted by GBT-MatthewH View Post

I still don't know what the 1st temperature reading in HWInfo is referencing. It was introduced a version or two ago and seem anomalous. For now ignore it. The second temp is the correct one, and the one the PCH fan curve applies to.
Actually It shows the same in AIDA64 just in AIDA its says PCH temp. and I was a bit worried about this temp as well.. I assumed that one temp is from IO controller and other is from AMD chipset itself(as there are 2 different chips?atleast from manual).. but you should know better if there is 2 seperate sensors? and if so.. its a bit interesting as PCH fan reacts only to lower temp setting which is actually always staying almost the same, even actively using m2.pcie4 ssd meanwhile the higher temp one goes from 60 to 80 pretty easy, obviously PCH fan curve doesnt react to the higher temp sensor, so it doesnt increase revs on fan. hopefully Its not the case.. as obviously Its not great having something over 80 degrees on the system...
Labuka is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 23 (6 members and 17 guests)
davidambler , Juggerone , MacAdder , panni , Ren34 , zerowalker
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off