(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread) - Page 121 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread)

post #1201 of 2948 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 07:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Looks like the WHEA errors are gone with f4k (aorus pro).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 2948 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 09:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by YpsiNine View Post
So far so good on Master, thanks Matthew!

edit: Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be fixed completely, 0 rpm and fan in SYS_FAN1 sometimes stops after resume from sleep.
If I put the computer to sleep again, then resume it, then it might start again. Which is obviously not very good since all fans in my case are needed.

Could it be a compatibility issue with Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans? Since some other person posting about the 0% fan speed issue had the same problem.
Hi, I´m just reading, but it´s interesting you mention the compatibhility problem with noctua NF-A12x25 PW because I have the issue with that noctua in particular, not the 12x15, not the 92 mm or the scythe gentle typhooon. In fact i was about to send the fan back until I read this post.
post #1203 of 2948 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 09:49 AM
3x420mm rads!

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Does the latest 8/12 bios (f4k in the case of the aorus pro) *only* address the fans and whea errors?
Or does it also attempt to address anything else?

Blue Tentacles
(13 items)
CPU
3900x
Motherboard
x570 Aorus Pro
GPU
Palit GamingPro OC 2080 TI
RAM
G.Skill F4-3600C17-8GTZR
Hard Drive
CSSD-M2B1TPG3VNF
Power Supply
HX850
Cooling
GPU & CPU blocks, 3x 420mm 60mm rads, 18x 140mm fans, D5 pump, 1/2" soft tube
Case
Thermaltake Level 20 XT
Operating System
Win 10 Pro
Monitor
Sony Bravia 64" 4K TV
Keyboard
Logitech G510
Mouse
Logitech G300s
Audio
Pioneer 5.1 home theater amp & 6 speakers
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1204 of 2948 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 10:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulesko View Post
Hi, I´m just reading, but it´s interesting you mention the compatibhility problem with noctua NF-A12x25 PW because I have the issue with that noctua in particular, not the 12x15, not the 92 mm or the scythe gentle typhooon. In fact i was about to send the fan back until I read this post.
There's a thread on reddit about this too. I was just thinking about grabbing a few of these noctua's, but I may hold off now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabyte/co...m_medium=web2x
post #1205 of 2948 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 10:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

henson0115

Quote: Originally Posted by Athyra View Post
Does the latest 8/12 bios (f4k in the case of the aorus pro) *only* address the fans and whea errors?
my boost clocks and voltages actually drop on the pro now to lower values, not quite as low as some others; where as on f4i they barely ever dropped, no change same bios settings with a 3900x, with nothing but cpu-z running. not sure if anything else was officially changed though.
post #1206 of 2948 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 10:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Paulesko View Post
I don't think it's Noctua specific. I have the same issue with Noctua NF-R8 and NF-A9x14 on fan header 1 and 2 on Aorus Elite. I have also tried a Delta PWM fan on header 1 and 2, and it stops just like the Noctua after resuming from sleep. The NF-R8 works fine on the CPU optional header. I yet have to try the latest beta bios to see if it resolves the problem.
post #1207 of 2948 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 10:18 AM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 44 (Unique: 35)
Quote: Originally Posted by YpsiNine View Post
Could it be a compatibility issue with Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans? Since some other person posting about the 0% fan speed issue had the same problem.
Can you try any other fans?

Quote: Originally Posted by Athyra View Post
Just whea/fans.
post #1208 of 2948 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 10:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

@GBT-MatthewH F3K Has seemed to fixed my overclocking and dram voltage issues at least for me on the 3900x Aorus Xtreme. F3i was horrible idk what they did to it but nothing would work for me on any overclock settings because from that bios. My Aorus Xtreme so far has really liked F3e & F3K I am not sure what was done on these but they work way better for me.

I am having 3 major problems though that I can't figure out if the board needs to be rma or not maybe one of the gigabyte techs can help me figure out my issues being a bios fix or not?

1. The 10g Lan drivers won't install. The 10g nic doesn't show in device manager. I have tried everything from force driver installs from the actual mfg website to adding the drivers in manually thru legacy add hardware nothing works and nothing ever shows up on here. with drivers to actually install from the website since they don't seem to work then i can't use this which i need.

2. The 1gb lan driver works but at the cost of a delay of 10 - 15 min before it will even be recognized in windows. Now I have uninstalled drivers and manually removed things from device manager which took awhile since it kept coming back. i removed intel drivers and after redid everything i am still experiencing the same issue as where the 1gb lan does work it takes 10 - 15 min before it will even show being active i already tested my network cables and used another laptop to verify it wasnt on my end. This is definitely a issue as I dont like to use wifi. Any advice would greatly help.

3. Not sure how to say what problem this is besides describing it. OK First I must say in bios whether i am running all stock default settings or overclocked settings I am running into this problem as of bios after f3H. So Lets says I just installed a fresh bios and i run to windows. everything works out fine no issues. But then i decide to restart it on start - restart... well every time this happens i am running into a issue where i always get a new error message on the debug led. It could be anything its always different. Mainly not in the manual bios codes. So I try to do the manual hold down power + reset for 10 - 15 sec to reset bios to defaults half the time it works half the time it doesn't. I end up manually shutting the power supply off which i have made sure it is plugged into the wall outlet directly. No This problems going forward started in F3K bios for me... So when it does reset to bios I don't get the normal splash loading page instead my screen stays black loads up and goes directly to windows with the default settings loaded. I can't seem to manually get back to the bios page not thru safemode restart firmeware etc. I literally have to kill the power supply switch while windows is loaded to be able to getback into the bios screen. I have tried every other method besides qflash because i am not having any other issues besides this atm. I assume its going to a different bios but i am not sure. My dip switches for bios are both up. The alt bios should have F3e on it.

Anyways I seem to be running into these bugs not sure what else yet I am hoping someone can help me with either letting me know is this a rma or is this a bios issue? At first I even thought this was a cpu mounting issue but I can overclock to 4.3 all cores @1.325 vcore no problem again unlike F3i which required me to be at like around 1.35 vcore. The xmp profile works perfectly again like it did in F3e as well like i said the 2 bios have been great for my board with the minor issues on F3k showing up for these things. Now do note the Lan issue I have had on all my bios. I have tried disabling the 10g only in bios and still the same issue for the 1gb 10 - 15 min delay.
post #1209 of 2948 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 10:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Washijin View Post
For someone other the BIOS resets after PSU is unplugged or switched off issue persist? I'm on X570 Ultra F4i.
Edit: wifi/BT disappear still persist.
Did you change ErP in bios? I figured out it was this setting causing mine to disappear on x570 Ultra.
post #1210 of 2948 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 10:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 25)
@Billy McDowell
I tested the download and the installer worked today [Aquantia 10G]. No idea why but I had same issue before that the installer refused to work but today it worked for some reason.
I noticed the download wasn't the same as the one earlier even if the page says it's the same.
Package says same version but there are 2 installers present now. x86 & x64. Before you only got the x64 version.

At least this one works.

Gigabyte X570 AORUS XTREME, Ryzen 7 3800X 4.45Ghz, 4266/1900 MEM/FCLK, 16.26.19.48.76.tRFC 650 1T 1.58V
4x8Gb Kingston HX434C19FB2K2/16 3466C19 1.2V (Micron E-die 16nm)
OLD: Biostar x470GT8 Ryzen 7 1700 @ ~4.0Ghz CPU, 3200Mhz RAM ...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in