(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread) - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 4175 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter
Mr.4way SLI
 
Moparman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Farmington MO
Posts: 5,434
Rep: 192 (Unique: 172)
Quote: Originally Posted by Streetdragon View Post
ahh still dont know if i sould go for the Master(because of the 3.0 Front USB ports)
or for the Asus Hero, because i think the Bios COULD be better and MAYBE a bit better RAM OC (4 Sticks 3733)

Gigabyte has been on a mission for better Bioses lately. If you have used a Z390 board you would see how far they have come. I would buy the Giga over the Asus for the support if you ever have an issue. All you need to do is google how bad Asus is to customers these days.
Moparman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 4175 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 09:27 AM
Manual breath enabled
 
Streetdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: In my celler
Posts: 1,209
Rep: 26 (Unique: 22)
Quote: Originally Posted by Moparman View Post
Gigabyte has been on a mission for better Bioses lately. If you have used a Z390 board you would see how far they have come. I would buy the Giga over the Asus for the support if you ever have an issue. All you need to do is google how bad Asus is to customers these days.
yeah i read really bad things. Like on the Asus Rog Phone. Failed screen wont get repaiered under Warrenty and so on...

Aorus big Pro for me is:
Real Heatsink for VRM
2 USB3.0 header for my case

And i can bet, that the master will be cheaper than the Hero(Asus tax)

Gameingcube
(18 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3900X
Motherboard
Aorus X570 Master
GPU
1080 TI Founders Edition
GPU
1080 TI Founders Edition
RAM
F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR
Hard Drive
2000GB Seagate Barracuda Compute ST2000DM008 256MB
Hard Drive
2000GB Seagate Barracuda Compute ST2000DM008 256MB
Hard Drive
samsung m2 970 evo
Power Supply
Leadex 80 Plus Platinum Netzteil, schwarz - 1200 Watt
Cooling
heatkiller IV pro
Cooling
EK-FC1080 GTX Ti - Nickel
Cooling
EK-FC1080 GTX Ti - Nickel
Cooling
Alphacool Eisbecher D5 250mm Plexi
Cooling
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 480mm
Cooling
XSPC Multiport Radiator EX240
Cooling
Scythe Grand Flex 4Pin PWM
Case
thermaltake core x9
Operating System
Windows 10
▲ hide details ▲
Streetdragon is offline  
post #13 of 4175 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 09:33 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
iNeri's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: México
Posts: 661
Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by Streetdragon View Post
yeah i read really bad things. Like on the Asus Rog Phone. Failed screen wont get repaiered under Warrenty and so on...

Aorus big Pro for me is:
Real Heatsink for VRM
2 USB3.0 header for my case

And i can bet, that the master will be cheaper than the Hero(Asus tax)
I have now a CH6 extreme, all i can say is i miss so much my taichi. I cant match the performance that i previously have with the taichi Dont matter this bios full of features, does nothing at the moment of true.

To replace my taichi i like the aorus pro x570 but here on my country has arrived too expensive, about 300 dolars (no wifi), the Master is 400 dolar here. So i guess is a much better buy than PRO.

Ryzen [email protected] bclk+ Kraken X61 push/pull|Asrock X370 Taichi|EVGA SC2 1080ti [email protected] & [email protected] Mhz 0.98 mV + Kraken X61|GSkill FlareX 8GBx2 3740MHz CL 16-15-14-14-28-42-282-1t&1.39 mV|EVGA SuperNova 850W|Thermaltake View 31 RGB|NVME CorsairMP500 240 GB+Seagate 3TB 7200rpm 200 MBps|HP Omen 27" [email protected]

Last edited by iNeri; 07-03-2019 at 12:19 PM.
iNeri is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 4175 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 11:15 AM
⤷ αC
 
AlphaC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11,185
Rep: 908 (Unique: 590)
Quote: Originally Posted by Streetdragon View Post
yeah i read really bad things. Like on the Asus Rog Phone. Failed screen wont get repaiered under Warrenty and so on...

Aorus big Pro for me is:
Real Heatsink for VRM
2 USB3.0 header for my case

And i can bet, that the master will be cheaper than the Hero(Asus tax)
The Master has a Direct PWM setup, the Hero is using 7 phases with doubled up powerstages. If you aren't using LN2 (nobody does for a daily system, let's be realistic), provided the BIOS isn't completely buggy (it shouldn't be), then the 12-14 phases from the Infineon PWM on Gigabyte's Aorus Master or Xtreme will give you better ripple and allow you to shut off phases more granularity when not in use (i.e. achieving peak efficiency across the power delivery spectrum all the way down to idle).



Additionally the backplate on the Master is thermally conductive to the VRM section, whereas all you get on the Hero is a small brace at the back.


50A IR3556 has the same footprint as the 60A IR3555 so the main difference is maximum amperage rating. Even threadripper TR 2950X used around max 350W on ambient , so power quality is of more importance once you exceed 10 powerstages.

Also if you fail overclocks on memory the Aorus boards down to the Aorus Pro have dual BIOS, with Master/Xtreme having a switch. The single BIOS (SB) switch is invaluable since it physically isolates the BIOS chips. If you get hit with malware (https://www.tomshardware.com/news/as...ure,39072.html , https://www.techpowerup.com/248827/a...s-installation) or a flash a corrupt BIOS you don't need to RMA your board. I don't think that has been stated enough, since a corrupt BIOs on a non dual BIOS board has to still rely on flashing from USB. There were plenty of people that needed to RMA their Crosshair boards because the "Crashfree BIOS" or "BIOS flashback" doesn't work.

In terms of usability the M.2 heatshields being separate also makes it less of a hassle and the Hero only comes with 2x M.2.

In terms of integrated audio the Master is also stronger spec-wise, it uses ESS 9118 instead of ESS 9023P , has WIMA caps, and the audio codec is ALC1220-VB rather than ALC1220.

Every Master board comes with WIFI 6 +BT whereas the Hero has it as an option.

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list



Last edited by AlphaC; 07-03-2019 at 11:54 AM.
AlphaC is offline  
post #15 of 4175 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 11:55 AM
PC Gamer
 
bking4266's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Apopka, FL
Posts: 100
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Am I misreading the QVL list, or is Gigabyte's own 3200Mhz RAM not on it?



bking4266 is offline  
post #16 of 4175 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 12:15 PM
Manual breath enabled
 
Streetdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: In my celler
Posts: 1,209
Rep: 26 (Unique: 22)
Quote: Originally Posted by AlphaC View Post
The Master has a Direct PWM setup, the Hero is using 7 phases with doubled up powerstages. If you aren't using LN2 (nobody does for a daily system, let's be realistic), provided the BIOS isn't completely buggy (it shouldn't be), then the 12-14 phases from the Infineon PWM on Gigabyte's Aorus Master or Xtreme will give you better ripple and allow you to shut off phases more granularity when not in use (i.e. achieving peak efficiency across the power delivery spectrum all the way down to idle).



Additionally the backplate on the Master is thermally conductive to the VRM section, whereas all you get on the Hero is a small brace at the back.


50A IR3556 has the same footprint as the 60A IR3555 so the main difference is maximum amperage rating. Even threadripper TR 2950X used around max 350W on ambient , so power quality is of more importance once you exceed 10 powerstages.

Also if you fail overclocks on memory the Aorus boards down to the Aorus Pro have dual BIOS, with Master/Xtreme having a switch. The single BIOS (SB) switch is invaluable since it physically isolates the BIOS chips. If you get hit with malware (https://www.tomshardware.com/news/as...ure,39072.html , https://www.techpowerup.com/248827/a...s-installation) or a flash a corrupt BIOS you don't need to RMA your board. I don't think that has been stated enough, since a corrupt BIOs on a non dual BIOS board has to still rely on flashing from USB. There were plenty of people that needed to RMA their Crosshair boards because the "Crashfree BIOS" or "BIOS flashback" doesn't work.

In terms of usability the M.2 heatshields being separate also makes it less of a hassle and the Hero only comes with 2x M.2.

In terms of integrated audio the Master is also stronger spec-wise, it uses ESS 9118 instead of ESS 9023P , has WIMA caps, and the audio codec is ALC1220-VB rather than ALC1220.

Every Master board comes with WIFI 6 +BT whereas the Hero has it as an option.
+Rep!

Thanks. That sealed the deal for me! Cant wait anymore. I wanna burn my saved cash

Gameingcube
(18 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3900X
Motherboard
Aorus X570 Master
GPU
1080 TI Founders Edition
GPU
1080 TI Founders Edition
RAM
F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR
Hard Drive
2000GB Seagate Barracuda Compute ST2000DM008 256MB
Hard Drive
2000GB Seagate Barracuda Compute ST2000DM008 256MB
Hard Drive
samsung m2 970 evo
Power Supply
Leadex 80 Plus Platinum Netzteil, schwarz - 1200 Watt
Cooling
heatkiller IV pro
Cooling
EK-FC1080 GTX Ti - Nickel
Cooling
EK-FC1080 GTX Ti - Nickel
Cooling
Alphacool Eisbecher D5 250mm Plexi
Cooling
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 480mm
Cooling
XSPC Multiport Radiator EX240
Cooling
Scythe Grand Flex 4Pin PWM
Case
thermaltake core x9
Operating System
Windows 10
▲ hide details ▲
Streetdragon is offline  
post #17 of 4175 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter
Mr.4way SLI
 
Moparman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Farmington MO
Posts: 5,434
Rep: 192 (Unique: 172)
My Master should come Monday. Big question is do i buy 12 core on the 7th or do I wait for 16......... Tough one for me.
Moparman is offline  
post #18 of 4175 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 12:02 AM
Manual breath enabled
 
Streetdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: In my celler
Posts: 1,209
Rep: 26 (Unique: 22)
Ahhh lucky Wanna order too^^

Gameingcube
(18 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3900X
Motherboard
Aorus X570 Master
GPU
1080 TI Founders Edition
GPU
1080 TI Founders Edition
RAM
F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR
Hard Drive
2000GB Seagate Barracuda Compute ST2000DM008 256MB
Hard Drive
2000GB Seagate Barracuda Compute ST2000DM008 256MB
Hard Drive
samsung m2 970 evo
Power Supply
Leadex 80 Plus Platinum Netzteil, schwarz - 1200 Watt
Cooling
heatkiller IV pro
Cooling
EK-FC1080 GTX Ti - Nickel
Cooling
EK-FC1080 GTX Ti - Nickel
Cooling
Alphacool Eisbecher D5 250mm Plexi
Cooling
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 480mm
Cooling
XSPC Multiport Radiator EX240
Cooling
Scythe Grand Flex 4Pin PWM
Case
thermaltake core x9
Operating System
Windows 10
▲ hide details ▲
Streetdragon is offline  
post #19 of 4175 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 12:25 AM
Overclocker
 
JackCY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 10,072
Rep: 340 (Unique: 241)
So which of the x570s don't come with a stupid chipset fan either glaring in your face or hidden under tiny slits inside the wanna be heatsink?

Any chipsetless boards?
JackCY is online now  
post #20 of 4175 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 01:25 AM
Manual breath enabled
 
Streetdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: In my celler
Posts: 1,209
Rep: 26 (Unique: 22)
Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
So which of the x570s don't come with a stupid chipset fan either glaring in your face or hidden under tiny slits inside the wanna be heatsink?

Any chipsetless boards?
Aorus Extreme comes without a fan

Gameingcube
(18 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3900X
Motherboard
Aorus X570 Master
GPU
1080 TI Founders Edition
GPU
1080 TI Founders Edition
RAM
F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR
Hard Drive
2000GB Seagate Barracuda Compute ST2000DM008 256MB
Hard Drive
2000GB Seagate Barracuda Compute ST2000DM008 256MB
Hard Drive
samsung m2 970 evo
Power Supply
Leadex 80 Plus Platinum Netzteil, schwarz - 1200 Watt
Cooling
heatkiller IV pro
Cooling
EK-FC1080 GTX Ti - Nickel
Cooling
EK-FC1080 GTX Ti - Nickel
Cooling
Alphacool Eisbecher D5 250mm Plexi
Cooling
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 480mm
Cooling
XSPC Multiport Radiator EX240
Cooling
Scythe Grand Flex 4Pin PWM
Case
thermaltake core x9
Operating System
Windows 10
▲ hide details ▲
Streetdragon is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 19 (6 members and 13 guests)
Alex0401 , Antare , Belliash , Ren34 , siluah , wingman99
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off