(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread) - Page 224 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread)

post #2231 of 2790 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 07:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
For those of you with the fan ramping issues, I strongly recommend just manually setting your fan speeds in the BIOS. The weird Ryzen "saw" temperatures where it spikes and then trickles back down causes this behavior.

YMMV since all fans are different, but for me I adjusted the fan curve until I landed on a speed that was barely audible, in my case around 50-55%, and set basically all of the temperature reference points to that speed. It basically looks like a flat line. Then, when the CPU hits what I deem as "too hot" (~75C), then I max them out.

You can "relax" the flat line and trickle it up a bit on other fans that target other components... for example, I made the curve on my case fan that sits near my GPU a bit differently.... I made the points between the fourth and fifth target wider, so the fan power starts increasing sooner, but over a wider temperature range. This effectively causes the case fan to ramp up while I game because the CPU usually hits 55-60C during those sessions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	20
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	295446  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	14
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	295448  

Last edited by kingwaffle; 09-14-2019 at 07:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2232 of 2790 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 08:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
After updating to Bios F6a I've been constantly getting Blue screen of death and windows crashing. I'm using the Ryzen 3600 on X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI board. I have everything default except XMP Profile on. The BSOD code i'm getting is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. anyone else have this issue? It's fine on F4 bios and prior bios versions.
post #2233 of 2790 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 08:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by kingwaffle View Post
For those of you with the fan ramping issues, I strongly recommend just manually setting your fan speeds in the BIOS. The weird Ryzen "saw" temperatures where it spikes and then trickles back down causes this behavior.

I have been doing that, but for some reason it never saves in the bios. If I ever get a bios reset and have to load my profile, all my other values are there except for the fan profile I made. It is annoying, so if I forget I have to use the SIV software in windows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2234 of 2790 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 10:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

Is there a trick that shows ssd in safely remove hardware and one ssd show like SDXC partition!
x570 master F7a
thx
post #2235 of 2790 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 10:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Speaking fan profiles, I've set a generic fan profile in BIOS in order to get a silent running system. Then I use the SIV / SmartFan software in Windows to change to more performance oriented fan profiles for benchmarking, gaming, etc.

I saved several fan profiles in SIV which I load when required. The problem is when I load and apply a fan profile in SIV, the PCH fan goes full speed and stay there until system reboot. Also, there is no PCH fan option to set in SIV, unlike BIOS where you can set it balanced, silent and/or performance.

Is there a way to set the PCH fan profile inside SIV / Smartfan for Windows? I'm on a Master motherboard.

Thanks.
post #2236 of 2790 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 10:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Bobrolak View Post
I believe you have same issue as I do:
https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...l#post28123706

Finally some sort of confirmation that problem exists!

Your post actually gave me a hint that it can be related to fact that we both have a "pair of same disks". I have 2x Crucial SSD Crucial_CT240M500SSD1. I am just not using these disks as a members of RAID matrix (some of their partitions are only configured as members of btrfs volume, but it another story, mobo can't see it anyway).
Tomorrow I will check if disconnecting one of these drives helps.

At least you can get into windows more than once. I can not use F12 to pick a boot device as i get the same error. I too wondered if having 2 identical drives was the issue. It would be a pain in the ass to remove one of my drives to test the theory, so i am patiently waiting for a bios that fixes the bug.

Ryzen 3700X | Aorus X570 Master | Corsair Vengence LPX 64GB 3200 | MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio X2 | ADATA SX8200 Pro NVMe 1TB X2 |Corsair HX1000i | Noctua NH-D15 | Meshify S2 Black | AW3418DW
post #2237 of 2790 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 11:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by TrainXIII View Post
After updating to Bios F6a I've been constantly getting Blue screen of death and windows crashing. I'm using the Ryzen 3600 on X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI board. I have everything default except XMP Profile on. The BSOD code i'm getting is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. anyone else have this issue? It's fine on F4 bios and prior bios versions.
same board here, same F6a bios, no bsod.
post #2238 of 2790 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 12:50 PM
hi?

Rep: 30 (Unique: 29)
F6a. Aorus Pro Wifi. 3700x. 2070 super. G.skill trident z 2x8 F4-3600C15D-16GTZ. https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16820232306. The link is for the ram(It is not on the QVL, so that's my fault). I tried F4 and F5 and I couldn't get the ram stable with decent timings at 3200, 3400, 3600. Both bios' 4 and 5 would only run at 2133. Finally, with this beta(or alpha) I am at 3600 cl16, but very loose. I feel I that I can start actually tweeking on this set, that at first I thought sucked but now I think I will actually be able to get humming. I am actually kinda bummed I didn't up sell myself on the master. I miss having a reset button and a power off on the motherboard. when I need to reset the cmos I have to pull the battery so I have my video card right above my power supply, not ideal. The jumpers don't work for me, or maybe, more likely a fail on may part. So far I am really enjoying this set up Metro Exodus is beautiful.
post #2239 of 2790 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 02:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by nangu View Post
Speaking fan profiles, I've set a generic fan profile in BIOS in order to get a silent running system. Then I use the SIV / SmartFan software in Windows to change to more performance oriented fan profiles for benchmarking, gaming, etc.

I saved several fan profiles in SIV which I load when required. The problem is when I load and apply a fan profile in SIV, the PCH fan goes full speed and stay there until system reboot. Also, there is no PCH fan option to set in SIV, unlike BIOS where you can set it balanced, silent and/or performance.

Is there a way to set the PCH fan profile inside SIV / Smartfan for Windows? I'm on a Master motherboard.

Thanks.

In the "fan control tab" in a program called argus monitor on my Aorus Elite, the pch fan is named "SYS_FAN3_PUMP" and i can control the fan completely, set a custom fan curve for it, raise the temp when it turns on etc.

www.argusmonitor.com
post #2240 of 2790 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 02:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

I use www.argusmonitor.com on my Aorus Elite to control the pch fan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in