(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread) - Page 231 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread)

post #2301 of 2876 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 01:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Molano View Post
I'm looking around my BIOS and can't really find those settings. I can set most of the timings fine, but the voltages puzzle me.

As far as timings go the only thing that i left on auto is:
tCWL
tRFC4 (didn't see it mentioned in RM)
tRCPAGE
tCKE
AddrCmdSetup
CsOdtSetup
CkeSetup

I can't put those on 0 like it showed in the screenshot of Ryzen Master.

For voltages i have the following options:

CPU Vcore
Dynamic Vcore
VCORE SOC
Dynamic VCORE SOC
CPU VDD18
CPU VDDP
PM_CLDO12
PM_1VSOC
PM_1v8
DRAM Voltage (1.37)
DDRVPP Voltage
DRAM Termination

I can only change the CPU VDDP value by + or - numbers, i can't set a value... I don't know what to change for the VDDG... Could you tell me which settings you changed from default on your board? Right now the only thing i changed is in the memory timings and the DRAM Voltage to 1.37...
CPU VDDP is different. Look inside the AMD Overclocking menu. There you can set VDDP and G to 1050mV. This helps getting to 3600 quite well.

Home
(7 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard
Gigabyte AORUS X570 Pro
GPU
Geforce 1080 Ti
RAM
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT V2
Power Supply
Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 750
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2302 of 2876 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 02:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by killaho View Post
After further testing I can unequivocally say that the VCORE SOC voltage settings are indeed broken. My experience matches Ryajin's exactly. Every other voltage setting reverts back to VCORE SOC voltage of 1.068V. Which for me results in audio crackling or stutter because I'm running an 1900 IF frequency.

Again this issue is exhibited on a Aorus Wifi Pro with the F6a bios.

Can anyone else with the same board confirm this as well? Thanks
Aorus Xtreme with F5a here. Same issue. Actually anything above 3600/1800 results in audio crackling for me, and that includes HDMI out from a 1080 Ti, USB audio from a JDS Labs Element, as well as the built-in audio. Overclock is otherwise stable. After fiddling with it for the past couple of months and praying to the Gigabyte gods that they'd fix it, I've finally given up and settled on 3600/1800. Considering I went overboard with buying an Xtreme, I sure as heck hope they fix these issues sometime soon.

Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme X570, AMD 3900X, G.Skill B-Die 2x16GB @ 3733, EVGA SC2 1080 Ti (Morpheus II), HAF XB EVO, Dark Rock Pro 4
post #2303 of 2876 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 02:22 AM
Manual breath enabled

Rep: 26 (Unique: 22)
Cracking sound = not enough SOC volage. nothing new

Gameingcube
(18 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3900X
Motherboard
Aorus X570 Master
GPU
1080 TI Founders Edition
GPU
1080 TI Founders Edition
RAM
F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR
Hard Drive
2000GB Seagate Barracuda Compute ST2000DM008 256MB
Hard Drive
2000GB Seagate Barracuda Compute ST2000DM008 256MB
Hard Drive
samsung m2 970 evo
Power Supply
Leadex 80 Plus Platinum Netzteil, schwarz - 1200 Watt
Cooling
heatkiller IV pro
Cooling
EK-FC1080 GTX Ti - Nickel
Cooling
EK-FC1080 GTX Ti - Nickel
Cooling
Alphacool Eisbecher D5 250mm Plexi
Cooling
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 480mm
Cooling
XSPC Multiport Radiator EX240
Cooling
Scythe Grand Flex 4Pin PWM
Case
thermaltake core x9
Operating System
Windows 10
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2304 of 2876 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 04:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hi Guys, any tips regarding the case fans ? I put them in silence and PWM and still they are at 800-900rpm with noisy burst of 1k any recommendation?
post #2305 of 2876 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 05:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Belcebuu View Post
Hi Guys, any tips regarding the case fans ? I put them in silence and PWM and still they are at 800-900rpm with noisy burst of 1k any recommendation?
Try a custom fan curve in Smart Fan in the BIOS. I have mine set to be virtually silent below 50c and gradually go up until they max out at about 80c.
post #2306 of 2876 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 06:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by Marius A View Post
Mate Dumnezeu sa-ti dea sanatate ( in translation God bless you ) it was driving me insane my x570 master with 3800x, i had 79 80c after 3 cbr20 runs room temp 25c!!!!!!! , now with the setting you mentioned, negative offset -0.08125( found in my case gives best results)+llc standard+pbo off i get max 73c and way better single scores in any benchmark !!!!!!PBO is useless and still doesnt work for me max frequency is 4550mhz , i had evga clc280 and now i have noctua nh u12a +condactonaut and i was still getting crazy high temps , but with the negative offset temperatures are under control and scores are better everywhere single and multi , before bios 7a whenever i used negative offset scores were lower if i used more than -0.0275 and temps were the same very high, whatever amd did now is not the case anymore, i can still get decent results even with -0.1v , and of course under decent temps. I am running now aida64 stress test at 77c before 85 .
Interesting results. I did some tests last night on my 3900x on the Aorus Pro Wifi x570 board. Previously I ran the offset at +0.018 or something like that and achieved higher boost #s in HWInfo and pretty nice single and multi-core scores in benchmarks (CB-15 and CPU-Z). I would boost at 4600-4625 on 3 cores. I played with negative offset last night at your suggestion and my best single and multi-core scores were at -0.06. This led to cooler temps as well. My maximum boost on my 3 best cores is maybe 25 MHZ lower. I have only hit 4600 mhz on one core now. I need some more testing but it does seem like the behavior has changed with negative offset whereas on previous AGESA versions one would decrease benchmark scores pretty linearly the more negative offset was applied. I went all the way down to -0.1 offset and my best CB-15 went down from 3220 to maybe 3120. The single core maybe went from 212 to 210 or 211. All these tests were done in a minimal Windows 10 bootup environment with as many apps closed as possible. I'd love to see 3 cores boosting at 4600 mhz plus, but benchmarks don't lie. If my frequency goes down slightly but benchmarks are the same or better and temps are cooler then I think it's a no-brainer to run some negative offset.
post #2307 of 2876 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 07:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by MatthewK View Post
Aorus Xtreme with F5a here. Same issue. Actually anything above 3600/1800 results in audio crackling for me, and that includes HDMI out from a 1080 Ti, USB audio from a JDS Labs Element, as well as the built-in audio. Overclock is otherwise stable. After fiddling with it for the past couple of months and praying to the Gigabyte gods that they'd fix it, I've finally given up and settled on 3600/1800. Considering I went overboard with buying an Xtreme, I sure as heck hope they fix these issues sometime soon.
Try increasing the VCORE SOC voltage. That should resolve the audio crackling issue. This happens for some folks running a high IF frequency.

The issue I'm reporting is the VCORE SOC voltage settings in the bios. It does not apply every other voltage setting. Totally separate issue.
post #2308 of 2876 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 07:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

After further testing I can unequivocally say that the VCORE SOC voltage settings are indeed broken. My experience matches Ryajin's exactly. Every other voltage setting reverts back to VCORE SOC voltage of 1.068V. Which for me results in audio crackling or stutter because I'm running an 1900 IF frequency.

Again this issue is exhibited on a Aorus Wifi Pro with the F6a bios.

Can anyone else with the same board confirm this as well? Thanks
Quote: Originally Posted by MatthewK View Post
Try increasing the VCORE SOC voltage. That should resolve the audio crackling issue. This happens for some folks running a high IF frequency.

The issue I'm reporting is the VCORE SOC voltage settings in the bios. It does not apply every other voltage setting. Totally separate issue.
I'm on the Ultra and I also have the crackling issue, but I also get mouse lag as it happens; the mouse kind of freezes for half a second.

I couldn't even get 3600/1800 before manually lowering VDDG under 1v, now it starts when I try to go above that. Is higher SOC voltage the only solution as of now? It's already set to 1.1 which is kind of high? How much more do I have to push it?

Last edited by IntelHouseFire; 09-18-2019 at 07:48 AM.
post #2309 of 2876 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 07:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by kingwaffle View Post
For those of you with the fan ramping issues, I strongly recommend just manually setting your fan speeds in the BIOS. The weird Ryzen "saw" temperatures where it spikes and then trickles back down causes this behavior.
That's a temporary workaround, not a solution.
Interestingly, F6 was much better for me as far as the see-sawing goes, F7a is as bad as it's ever been.

Quote: Originally Posted by HalongPort View Post
It would be nice when Gigabyte would allow us to use a wider range of step-up/step-down fan time in BIOS [...].The current options (1/2/3 sec time interval) are not sufficient.
The current hysteresis isn't based on time, but temperature. IOW, these aren't seconds, but °K.

Quote: Originally Posted by Aenra View Post
No dedicated fan controller; [...] refusing to buy an A/C unit.
I'm sorry, but if I buy a product with feature X, for whatever reason, then it had better work properly. Of course a proper wired network is better than wifi, and in fact I'd rather buy a mainboard without. After all, I have every room wired. But I'm also mature enough to realise other people may have different needs. Of course external audio interfaces are better. I love my digital monitors. But I also realise that the onboard audio is enough for most people's speaker/headphones. And even if there's a better option --that's no excuse for wifi/audio to be flaky, if present. As for the A/C thing, must be nice in your bubble. In my country they're uncommon, almost unheard of in private homes. I actually go a quote once, it was on the order of a small car -- per room.
post #2310 of 2876 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 07:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

@GBT-MatthewH : Any progress on the Noctua issue? Having to enter the BIOS on each and every boot to enable the affected fan is getting old fast.

At least now I've had time to get a couple of new NF-A14 PWM and do some testing: All exhibit the faulty behaviour (will only spin up if switched PWM --> Voltage and back) on FAN4, all are fine on FAN5 ... IMHO, it's not the fan, it's the one specific header. I've switched the (original) fan to FAN5 for now, but I'd really appreciate a fix.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in