(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread) - Page 275 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread)

post #2741 of 2858 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 12:55 PM
pal
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Bart View Post
I have a custom hard-tubed loop, so that's a painful process. Downsides of water cooling life! When I get some time, I need to tinker with the BIOS more, maybe see if I can disable the 2nd PCIE slot from there. I also haven't tried disabling all the onboard wireless stuff. An official ticket to Gigabyte wouldn't hurt either. I suspect I'm missing something.
Try to enable Above 4G decoding in bios.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2742 of 2858 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 05:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quick question:

Which devices in device manager do I check to make sure I correctly installed the latest chipset drivers?
post #2743 of 2858 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 08:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by RaXelliX View Post
Replaced thermal pad on my Aorus Master chipset with Kryonaut. 15-20c temperature drop from what i can see. Not bad.
Was 65-70c before with silent profile. Now around 50c. Tho i don't have any PCI-E 4.0 devices to really stress it.

I would like to try this with my Aorus Elite motherboard. Has anyone tried removing the chipset heatsink from the X570 Elite? Or maybe you have the motherboard on a workbench and can take a look at how the heatsink is fastened. I would rather not go through the effort of removing the motherboard from the case if the chipset heatsink is difficult to remove and reattach. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2744 of 2858 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 08:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by MFarkha View Post
Quick question:

Which devices in device manager do I check to make sure I correctly installed the latest chipset drivers?

In Windows 10, the version number will be listed in Settings/Apps when you click on AMD_Chipset_Drivers
post #2745 of 2858 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 11:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 24 (Unique: 19)
Quote: Originally Posted by ktmrc8 View Post
I would like to try this with my Aorus Elite motherboard. Has anyone tried removing the chipset heatsink from the X570 Elite? Or maybe you have the motherboard on a workbench and can take a look at how the heatsink is fastened. I would rather not go through the effort of removing the motherboard from the case if the chipset heatsink is difficult to remove and reattach. Thanks!
If it uses the same mounting mechanism as Master then there are 4 spring loaded screws at the back of the board that you have to unscrew, standard philips head. Then the heatsink will come loose and you can unplug the fan cable. It's actually easier on the elite. I had to first remove backplate on my Master to even access the 4 screws. Then i feared the board would not boot if it detected that no chipset fan was connected. Thankfully it worked out in the end. Now i have GPU right on top of the heatsink and fresh air goes into the chipset. Never goes above 45c now and dead silent.

If you do not game you are crazy
post #2746 of 2858 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 08:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
If it uses the same mounting mechanism as Master then there are 4 spring loaded screws at the back of the board that you have to unscrew, standard philips head. Then the heatsink will come loose and you can unplug the fan cable. It's actually easier on the elite. I had to first remove backplate on my Master to even access the 4 screws. Then i feared the board would not boot if it detected that no chipset fan was connected. Thankfully it worked out in the end. Now i have GPU right on top of the heatsink and fresh air goes into the chipset. Never goes above 45c now and dead silent.
Excuse me, only to check if I understood you right, so you took out the PCH thermal pad, applied thermal paste and disabled the fan. It's that correct?

Thanks.
post #2747 of 2858 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 08:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 24 (Unique: 19)
Quote: Originally Posted by nangu View Post
Excuse me, only to check if I understood you right, so you took out the PCH thermal pad, applied thermal paste and disabled the fan. It's that correct?

Thanks.
That's corrent.

If you do not game you are crazy
post #2748 of 2858 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 10:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by _barat_ View Post
I have strange issue - yesterday I turned off PC and everything was fine. Today I turned it on, and it seems that SYS_FAN4, SYS_FAN6 and SYS_FAN5 (Aorus Pro) doesn't report fan speed, and Fans are spinning like crazy. I wasn't doing any updates yesterday. Whit might be wrong?

EDIT:
I swapped SYS_FAN4 with SYS_FAN2 - fan connected to #2 is OK, and this connected to #4 is not monitored (runs full speed) even if it worked fine in #2 few seconds ago ... might it be a faulty MoBo?
Just to inform - turning off PSU (unplugging power cord should work too) for couple of hours fixed this issue.
post #2749 of 2858 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 10:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

That's corrent.
Why did you disconnect the fan? Wouldn't it be wise to have it as a fail safe? I mean, if your temps are always at 45 tops, shouldn't you have your fan always idling with silent fan profile.
post #2750 of 2858 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 10:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Does anyone know the price & where to buy the

AORUS Gen4 AIC SSD 8TB

GP-ASACNE6800TTTDA

I can't find any info except they are shipping now.

Also I wanted to know if the pci card can be bought separate?

I am trying to find out the limits of the card itself because samsung will eventually come out with a pcie4 nvme soon and if the controller card isn't the limit of pcie4 then other nvme will be bottlenecked by this card in the future.

The website doesn't give much information than what it can do with the 4 nvme in there atm.

I also wanted to know if the aorus xtreme having 3 nvme slots could run with the AORUS Gen4 AIC SSD 8TB?

I don't 100% know when I would be losing lanes from PCI.

2080ti Gpu would at 4x last slot

AORUS Gen4 AIC SSD 8TB would run 1st slot @16x

3 nvme would take the other pcie lanes but I do have enough lanes to do all of this?

If my math is correct I would only lose a little bandwidth running the 2080ti pcie 3 on the 3red slot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in