(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread) - Page 276 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread)

post #2751 of 2858 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 10:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 24 (Unique: 19)
Quote: Originally Posted by L.Thorne View Post
Why did you disconnect the fan? Wouldn't it be wise to have it as a fail safe? I mean, if your temps are always at 45 tops, shouldn't you have your fan always idling with silent fan profile.
Problably wise as a fail safe but since is have GPU fans running all the time that provide airflow over chipset heatsink i felt it was unnesesary. Plus the small fan would still ramp up at boot and would be prone to failiure anyway.
When it was connected and GPU (i had different GPU connected for testing before) did not provide airflow over the heatsink then it was around 50c with silent profile.

I should clarify that my current GPU uses aftermarket Morpheus II cooler with two Corsair SP120 fans strapped to the heatsink. Cooling not only the GPU itself but apparently the chipset too. My GPU maxes out at 60c so there is no hot air coming from the GPU that would heat up the chipset. And if those fans stopped working i would have a much bigger problem with the GPU than with the chipset. Thankfully Corsair makes some quality fans:
http://www.raijintek.com/en/products...p?ProductID=47
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Catego.../CO-9050007-WW

If you do not game you are crazy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2752 of 2858 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 11:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by RaXelliX View Post
That's corrent.
Thanks!
post #2753 of 2858 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 02:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by GBT-MatthewH View Post
Thats not how it works...

Yes, PCIe 4 has twice the bandwidth of PCIe 3. However it does not mean the bus will run PCIe 3 at twice the speed. Lets think of it like a car on a highway... I am going to use round numbers for speed just to illustrate.

Lets assume PCIe 4 has a speed limit of 100MPH. PCIe 3 thus has a speed limit of 50MPH. 16x means the highway has 16 lanes. The moment you plug in or use a PCIe 3 device the speed limit drops to 50MPH. So you could have 16 lanes @ 50MPH, or 8 lanes @ 50MPH. You DO NOT get to double the lanes or speed limit. Dropping from 16x PCIe 4 to 16x PCIe 3 does not change the speed limit of PCIe 3. Nor does it double the amount of lanes on the highway.

So for illustration purposes you could have:

PCIe 4 - 16x @ 100mph, 1600MPH.
PCIe 4 - 8x @ 100mph, 800MPH

PCIe 3 - 16x @ 50MPH, 800MPH
PCIe 3 - 8x @ 50MPG, 400MPH.

As you can see you cannot magically get 32 lanes, or 100MPH, from PCIe 3. The math works left to right. You cannot start with the output and work backwards. At no point can you get the 1600MPH from PCIe gen 3***

*** Now theoretically you could find some kind of adapter/splitter IC (think of PLX, kind of) that takes 16x PCIe 4 lanes and downgrades it to (2) 16x PCIe 3 connections. As far as the board is concerned its running gen 4, and the devices are hand shaked at gen 3. I am not aware of any such IC, but I guess its possible.
I stand corrected, thank you for the explanation!

Home
(7 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard
Gigabyte AORUS X570 Pro
GPU
Geforce 1080 Ti
RAM
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT V2
Power Supply
Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 750
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2754 of 2858 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 04:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 20)
Does anyone know what is used to determine which units are used to report fan/pump header speed? Or a way to manually set what is connected to a particular header?

I heard sys/pump headers could be used interchangeably for fans, so I originally hooked up my front 230mm fan to Sys_fan5_Pump. I then realized it was reporting the speed in LPM. That annoyed me, so I moved the fan to Sys_Fan2. Now it's still reporting the speed as LPM. I also can't change the sensor or location of this fan from SIV.

Another weird thing is when I originally hooked the fan up to Sys_fan2 it wouldn't move. It would move during the calibrate step, but then go off despite auto-off being turned off. Then I went into the bio and set this header to voltage and it still wouldn't work. Then I switched to full speed, or whatever the setting is called. It moved. Then I switched it back to Normal and now it seems to be working, but the speed is still reporting as LPM and I can't change the sensor.

I have an Aorus Pro Wifi on F6b.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lpm.PNG
Views:	16
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	300076  

Sexy Sandy
(12 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7-2600K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68X-UD5
GPU
MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING
RAM
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 128GB+Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB+Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB
Optical Drive
LITE-ON DVD Burner
Power Supply
Corsair 850HX
Cooling
Noctua NH-D14
Case
Cooler Master HAF-X
Operating System
Windows 7 64-bit
Monitor
BenQ xl2410t
Audio
Asus Xonar DG
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by Kreeker; 10-09-2019 at 04:58 PM.
post #2755 of 2858 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 05:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Hey there @GBT-MatthewH ,

The F6b BiOS is still not making it well for X570 I WiFi Pro. It's 2:22am and I'm at work turning the PC on manually :/

cpu: Core i7 4790k delid, 1.279 vcore, 4.8 GHz [1.479 vcore, 5.0 GHz] mb: Asus Maximus VII Formula ram: Corsair Vengeance Red 32 GB vga: MSi GTX 980 Ti, +10 mv offset, +150 MHz mem, +135 MHz GPU, 1497 MHz TB + Kraken G10 + Kraken X41 storage: 2 x Intel 535 @ raid0 + Seagate Momentus SpinPoint M9T 2000GB + server storage [3 x WD Red Pro 3 TB [raid1 + jbod] + Kingston Predator 240 GB for OS] sound: Creative X7 + TX-NR616 + HKTS 60 psu: hx1200i modded to red case: Corsair 750D mouse: R.a.t.7 keyboard: MS Natural 4000 lcd: eizo cx271 + eizo ev2736w cooling: fully watercooled cpu with direct cpu liquid block + monsta 240 push/pull + 320 alphacool push + 2 pumps [~2.5k rpm & ~3.0k rpm] os: MS Windows 10 Pro x64 legal
post #2756 of 2858 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 05:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Kreeker View Post
Someone tell me if I'm insane for wanting to return my Aorus Elite Wifi for a Aorus Pro Wifi? My current reasons are the extra fan headers plus the better audio codec.
The AUROS X570 PRO WIFI and the AORUS X570 ULTRA both have problems with the WIFI module disappearing when ERP is enabled on the BIOS ( if you want your computer fully off with no mouse or other LED's active). Been reported, still not fixed. Per the reports, it sounds like a hardware incompatibility issue with the WiFi module and the motherboard. Everyone who tested it ran into the same problem, so it's not "sample" specific.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabyte/co...wifi_enabling/

Pretty sure your Aorus Elite Wifi ain't affected by it.
post #2757 of 2858 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 06:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 20)
Quote: Originally Posted by funks View Post
The AUROS X570 PRO WIFI and the AORUS X570 ULTRA both have problems with the WIFI module disappearing when ERP is enabled on the BIOS ( if you want your computer fully off with no mouse or other LED's active). Been reported, still not fixed. Per the reports, it sounds like a hardware incompatibility issue with the WiFi module and the motherboard. Everyone who tested it ran into the same problem, so it's not "sample" specific.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabyte/co...wifi_enabling/

Pretty sure your Aorus Elite Wifi ain't affected by it.
Oh that's very unfortunate... I actually went ahead and upgraded to a Pro Wifi a few days after I made that original comment. I'm currently not using wifi, but will definitely be watching to see what the end resolution is. I paid for the wifi version, and want it to work 100%.

How do RMA's work? Will they send you a new board before you return yours to reduce downtime?

Sexy Sandy
(12 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7-2600K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68X-UD5
GPU
MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING
RAM
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 128GB+Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB+Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB
Optical Drive
LITE-ON DVD Burner
Power Supply
Corsair 850HX
Cooling
Noctua NH-D14
Case
Cooler Master HAF-X
Operating System
Windows 7 64-bit
Monitor
BenQ xl2410t
Audio
Asus Xonar DG
▲ hide details ▲
post #2758 of 2858 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 07:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hello guys, I need help to install an M.2 SSD on my Aorus Elite. I want to install it in the higher slot, that with heatsink.
I inserted the SSD, but I don't know how I should secure it. Do I need to secure with screws both M.2 and heatsink, or just the heatsink?
Btw, this is where the real problem comes.
The screw of the heatsink, is not attached to the motherboard (it was, but I don't know how I detached it) has a bolt in the end, and it's very tight. I don't even know if I'm supposed to separate the bolt and the screw.
And in the bundle of the motherboard there is another single tiny screw in a bag, but it doesn't work on that holes, so I suppose is for other things.
Help?
post #2759 of 2858 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 07:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hope that helps

If you lost the screw, use the one from the 2nd m2 slot.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited by athkatla; 10-10-2019 at 07:32 AM.
post #2760 of 2858 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 07:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by athkatla View Post
Hope that helps

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
Thanks, but an explanation should be more helpful. Did you place only that screw at the end of the heatsink, or do you have also one on the end of the SSD?
And why the hell my screw of the heatsink has a bolt?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in