(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread) - Page 306 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread)

post #3051 of 4951 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 02:29 PM
pal
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I get max 4.1 all core on 3700x in Aida stress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3052 of 4951 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 02:57 PM
GuruSMI

Quote: Originally Posted by Marius A View Post
i am getting between 4200 4225mhz max on few cores on my x570 master , still will be nice if we can get 4.3ghz all core on 3800x under aida64 stress test in the end running stock cpu
Manually set i reach 4300MHz Allcore on my Master/3800X. Automatic (PBO Automatic, 200MHz,...) i get a 4200/4175 AllCore. All are performing stable at 24/7.
post #3053 of 4951 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 05:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Leemarvin View Post
Hi I've bought the X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard recently and I'm having three issues:

1. I can't really tell if it's using the XMP profile from my RAM (3000), it says in BIOS that it's using it, but I've never saw them reaching that speed. How can I check it to be sure?

2. The Chipset temps are really high, hoverin 74° and such in idle.

3. The main SSD temps are horrendous, even with the big heatsink that comes with and the chipset heatsink above, around 60°/65° when idle. On the other hand the SSD in the back, while hot, it's around 45°50°.

These are the componenets of my RIG:

LIAN LI PC-Q39
Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
AMD Ryzen 3900x
NXZT Kraken X52
Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB
AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD 2TB (under the chipset heatsink)
SSD M2 NVMe INTEL 660p 2TB (in the back of the mobo)
1 HDD WDBlack 4 TB
ASUS STRIX 1080 ti
Corsair SF600

...and yes I know that my CASE is horrible for temps and doesn't have fans, but yet I thought that you could have this new GEN4 SSDs in even smaller cases like the Louqe, Sabre and similar.
What is the level of risk of operating with this temps constantly? any solution or idea will be more than welcome, if not I'm thinking of selling this new SSD or even leave the ITX stuff for goo
I was about to say that I see a lot of indicators that your case has insufficient air flow, but yea, just noticed your last sentence down there
While I don't think that it's all that your temps are all that critical, I still highly recommend to get some airflow going. There's always a way. Personally I'd cut a whole in my case to get sufficient airflow if it was the only possibility.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3054 of 4951 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 06:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by regs View Post
Upper is X570 internal sensor. Lower is motherboard sensor located next to chipset. So upper is the most important.
Well if that is the case I'm having really high temps with my Chipset

Quote: Originally Posted by regs View Post
As said above - did you remove that blue film transport protection from heatsink? And make sure you heaksink is actually touching your SSD. If heatsink is moving around after tightening the screw, gently push it down a bit to stick it to SSD.
My Intel 760p is peaking at 40-42 C and stays under 38 C in idle with ambient at 28 C.
Yes I removed it, Yes is touching it, but is touching the already huge heatskink that the Aorus GEN4 SSD has. Frankly I dunno if just airflow would help. And this case is a nightmare to add fans. My 1080 TI doesn't allow to put fans underneath due to lack of space. I'm going to see how can I improvise that without changing the case, if not it would be imposible to sell it. I was going to "downgrade" to buy a double slot Red Dragon 5700xt, but here in the arse of the world (Argentina) Newegg just stopped selling to us, on Sunday there are elections and everything is predicted to go down to the toilet (a huge devaluation is coming).

I can of feel that if I use the SSD heatsink alone and remove the whole Chipset heatskink and fan, I might improve the SSD temps while having the same high temps in the chipset. It looks like the two heatsinks are blocking and heating each other instead of working together, rare because we are talking of both hieg end Gigabyte products working together....I'm starting to feel bad about changing the Asrock x570 TB3 for the Aorus, but the first mentioned lacks another SSD and the compatibilty with CPU coolers is abysmal, great board anyway.

Ryzen 3900x
(18 items)
CPU
Ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard
GPU
ASUS STRIX GTX1080 ti
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX
Hard Drive
WD Black M2 SSD PCIe NVMe 500GB
Hard Drive
HDD1 WD Black 4TB
Hard Drive
HDD2 WD Black 4TB
Hard Drive
AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD M2
Hard Drive
Intel 660p M2 SSD PCIe NVMe
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Kraken X52
Case
LIAN LI PC-Q39
Operating System
Windows 10 PRO 64 bits
Monitor
Samsung LU32J590UQLX
Keyboard
Cooler Master MasterKeys PRO M
Mouse
Corsair M95
Audio
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 1st GEN
Other
Yamaha HS5 Audio Monitors
▲ hide details ▲
post #3055 of 4951 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 06:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by pills85 View Post
I was about to say that I see a lot of indicators that your case has insufficient air flow, but yea, just noticed your last sentence down there
While I don't think that it's all that your temps are all that critical, I still highly recommend to get some airflow going. There's always a way. Personally I'd cut a whole in my case to get sufficient airflow if it was the only possibility.
haha I thought about it, it's not the only issue with this case, but later will be harder to sell it.

Ryzen 3900x
(18 items)
CPU
Ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard
GPU
ASUS STRIX GTX1080 ti
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
HDD1 WD Black 4TB
Hard Drive
HDD2 WD Black 4TB
Hard Drive
AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD M2
Hard Drive
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Kraken X52
Case
LIAN LI PC-Q39
Operating System
Windows 10 PRO 64 bits
Monitor
Samsung LU32J590UQLX
Keyboard
Mouse
Corsair M95
Audio
Other
▲ hide details ▲
post #3056 of 4951 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 06:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

BTW, I've "solved" the RAM issue...I was used to apply the XMP and instantly the RAM would start using the advertized speed, in this case when sellected the XMP profile, then I had to manually set the speed...in fact I put them on 3200 instead of the advertized 3000 and it is working so far...truth to be said, I dunno if I had directly set the RAM to 3200 without sellecting the XMP profile would have work anyway.

Ryzen 3900x
(18 items)
CPU
Ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard
GPU
ASUS STRIX GTX1080 ti
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
HDD1 WD Black 4TB
Hard Drive
HDD2 WD Black 4TB
Hard Drive
AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD M2
Hard Drive
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Kraken X52
Case
LIAN LI PC-Q39
Operating System
Windows 10 PRO 64 bits
Monitor
Samsung LU32J590UQLX
Keyboard
Mouse
Corsair M95
Audio
Other
▲ hide details ▲
post #3057 of 4951 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 12:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 85 (Unique: 67)
What's the difference between the System temp and PCH temp in Gigabyte Aorus X570 boards? Or are they one and the same?

My Rig
(14 items)
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-8700K
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING
RAM
G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GTZKW TridentZ Series
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS Drive)
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Power Supply
SeaSonic Platinum-760 (SS-760XP) Power Supply
Cooling
Custom Watercooling Loop
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
Monitor
Dell S2716DG Gaming Monitor
Keyboard
Ducky Shine 3
Mouse
Roccat Savu
Mousepad
Steelseries Qck
▲ hide details ▲
post #3058 of 4951 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 02:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Guys some help if anyone has any clue

I was ok but i tried to reduce a bit the DRAM voltage in my PRO with GSKILL B-dies at 3600 cl14 14 14. I was many days perfectly fine with 1.4v in Ram and i decided to lower it to 1.38.

Now as i was in a VM trying to do a raid in the HPE P440 adapter that i had bypass to that VM suddenly i saw orange screen (BSOD for ESXI). I said ok the voltage is not correct and i did a reboot.
That was it, since then i am unable to start the machine.
The motherboard starts without showing anything to the monitor. In the 4 led section the DRAM stays on.. after some time (1 min at least) it jumps to cpu and then back to DRAM.

Things i tried so far

Clear CMOS
Qflash the latest official F6B bios that exist on site
Qflash F4 bios
Change the nvidia card with other
Took out the GSkill and i had put a Corsair 2400mhz in slot2
Took out the Optane M2....

Im stack and i dont believe the MB is dead... something crazy is happening that i cannot find.
Anyone has any ideas?

thx

Edit: Internet is all over with problems from usb2 devices if their are plugged in during boot and ram problems... No solution so far for me... MB is naked with only the GFX card the CPU and 1 stick of RAM

Last edited by bluechris; 10-24-2019 at 03:49 AM.
post #3059 of 4951 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 05:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
The main SSD temps are horrendous, even with the big heatsink that comes with and the chipset heatsink above, around 60°/65° when idle. On the other hand the SSD in the back, while hot, it's around 45°50°.
I have a 1TB Gigabyte Aorus Gen 4 SSD in my first m2 slot on my X570 Master. It's in a tower case with good (not excellent) airflow. Idle temps are 49 deg, peak temps are in low 60s. Ambient currently 18 to 20 degrees. I only use the SSD heatsink - didn't see the point of using the mobo heatsink as well and don't think it would work well.

From what I read, so long as your temps are below 70 degrees you should be OK so I would worry about your operating temps getting too high. Gen 4 NVMe drives really do need a good cooling environment, and I don't think they're suited for a poor airflow case - I would definitely look at improving that.
post #3060 of 4951 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 05:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by bluechris View Post
Guys some help if anyone has any clue

I was ok but i tried to reduce a bit the DRAM voltage in my PRO with GSKILL B-dies at 3600 cl14 14 14. I was many days perfectly fine with 1.4v in Ram and i decided to lower it to 1.38.

Now as i was in a VM trying to do a raid in the HPE P440 adapter that i had bypass to that VM suddenly i saw orange screen (BSOD for ESXI). I said ok the voltage is not correct and i did a reboot.
That was it, since then i am unable to start the machine.
The motherboard starts without showing anything to the monitor. In the 4 led section the DRAM stays on.. after some time (1 min at least) it jumps to cpu and then back to DRAM.

Things i tried so far

Clear CMOS
Qflash the latest official F6B bios that exist on site
Qflash F4 bios
Change the nvidia card with other
Took out the GSkill and i had put a Corsair 2400mhz in slot2
Took out the Optane M2....

Im stack and i dont believe the MB is dead... something crazy is happening that i cannot find.
Anyone has any ideas?

thx

Edit: Internet is all over with problems from usb2 devices if their are plugged in during boot and ram problems... No solution so far for me... MB is naked with only the GFX card the CPU and 1 stick of RAM
Have u try Qflash PLUS? The one where u change the bios file name to GIGABYTE.BIN and insert to white USB slot at back of mb?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in