(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread) - Page 385 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread)

post #3841 of 4414 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 09:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by GBT-MatthewH View Post
We tried testing internally and it works fine on our test system (see below) using F10B, so I need more data to try and reproduce. Can anyone with the Xonar issue do the following for me -
List what GPU you are using. What slot the GPU is in. What slot the Xonar was tested in. A screen shot of F10B BIOS running using CPU-Z.

Quote: Originally Posted by jamestowers View Post
I've just flash f10b for x570 Elite and worked. Xonar DGX in first pcie x1 and RTX 2070 Super in pcie x16.

That is interesting, the DGX works, but the D2X doesn't. The first ones is using the PEX8112 PCIe-PCI bridge while the second is using the PEX8111...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3842 of 4414 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 09:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by 1kari View Post
Hi. I decided to write a short post about a problem that I think is present on all x570 motherboards. I think we were all surprised and not satisfied with the high temperature of the chipset. I use the X570 Aorus Master board and when I bought it I saw the temperature on the chipset at 59-62 degrees. Looking at the statistics on this and similar boards in the Internet I came to the conclusion that once the value is approximately the same, it is normal. But as they say with paranoia you can not argue. It was decided to remove the chipset radiator for analysis. What did I see there? The thermal pad was literally fused to the chipset crystal. After carefully loosening it, I applied thermal grease. When I started the system, I was very surprised that the temperature on the chipset fell by ~15 degrees. When I started the system, I was very surprised that the temperature on the chipset fell by ~15 degrees. What's wrong with motherboard manufacturers? Why do they use such a terrible thermal gum? As far as I remember, only thermal grease was used on chipsets before. The difference in temperature is very noticeable and overheating of the chipset will lead to failure of the motherboard. Even the presence of the fan becomes questionable because when it is switched off the temperature is kept around 60 degrees.

A little explanation. I did not film the process because I did not expect such results. The computer is assembled in an ordinary air-cooled case.

I would like to know what you think about it?

And one more thing. I would like to ask the owners of the X570 Aorus Master. How are you doing with stability? My Pc can reboot for no reason, periodically once a day or twice a day. This has been the case since the purchase. Changing the bios does not help the driver of all the latest versions, windows 1909.The system runs all the tests without any problems.

My components are Razen 3700x, x570 Master, Msi GTX 1080 ti, avermedia live gamer hd 2, asus xonar d2x, Kingston HyperX FURY Black [HX432C16FB3K2/32] 32GB.

PS I'm not Englishman. I hope I have written clearly enough for you.
I have a Pro and i had the same psychological problem with the chipset temp. 1st i did what you did and indeed the temps felt at least 10 degrees but i went 1 step more.
If you roll back some pages in the thread you will find my post where i water cooled the chipset and the temp went to 35c with 26c ambient ( i cannot search the post now because im on mobile).
In the end and since i RMA that board with a new one because it didn't wanted to post suddenly i just put paste in the new one and i am same as you.

For the other problem that you have with the reboots, can you try for 1 day to have your memory lower or even at 2133mhz?

Edit: i found my post

Quote: Originally Posted by bluechris View Post
I wasnt feeling right, so i did it and now temps are a bit better

Last edited by bluechris; 11-08-2019 at 09:25 AM.
post #3843 of 4414 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 09:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by elmo23x View Post
Nice improvement! Was it difficult to remove the chipset heatsink?

Another question, what version of BIOS are you using? (I ask because some of us are having trouble to start the system with the Xonar D2X with the latest BIOS).
It's not that hard, but first I had to take off the back screen. Bios F7C. The system won't start with the F10a bios, black screen. I have written before.

Last edited by 1kari; 11-08-2019 at 09:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3844 of 4414 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 09:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

I have a Pro and i had the same psychological problem with the chipset temp. 1st i did what you did and indeed the temps felt at least 10 degrees but i went 1 step more.
If you roll back some pages in the thread you will find my post where i water cooled the chipset and the temp went to 35c with 26c ambient ( i cannot search the post now because im on mobile).
In the end and since i RMA that board with a new one because it didn't wanted to post suddenly i just put paste in the new one and i am same as you.

For the other problem that you have with the reboots, can you try for 1 day to have your memory lower or even at 2133mhz?
No problem. I will try not to use the XMP profile.
post #3845 of 4414 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 09:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by 1kari View Post
No problem. I will try not to use the XMP profile.
From what i understand and read here many people have lower voltage with xmp on so you do this if you have this behavior, meaning your ram needs for example 1.35v but with xmp on you have 1.2 or anything wrong. So you can do this

1. Set xmp on, save and reboot
2. Set xmp off and pass all the settings by hand that you see on the right which are the current ones and put the voltage to the specific voltage that your ram manufacturer says. Save, reboot and try the system stability.

post #3846 of 4414 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 09:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Belliash View Post
And still no fix from Gigabyte...
Have you logged your issues with Gigabyte technical support?
post #3847 of 4414 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 10:23 AM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 49 (Unique: 37)
For those with the Xonar issue on the Elite can you try this BIOS, F10C: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kE...rh0MEVOy1kAG9H

Let me know if it works. Thanks!
post #3848 of 4414 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 10:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

@GBT-MatthewH

What's with X570 Ultra issue with pcie? Are there any newer UEFI-versions?
post #3849 of 4414 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 10:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

From what i understand and read here many people have lower voltage with xmp on so you do this if you have this behavior, meaning your ram needs for example 1.35v but with xmp on you have 1.2 or anything wrong. So you can do this

1. Set xmp on, save and reboot
2. Set xmp off and pass all the settings by hand that you see on the right which are the current ones and put the voltage to the specific voltage that your ram manufacturer says. Save, reboot and try the system stability.

I set the voltage in the XMP profile manually. I also measured the ddr voltage directly from the motherboard. I know about the memory stability problems, the only thing I haven't tried is to work without using the XMP profile at all. Previously, during the testing I did not find any memory problems, all the tests were successfully passed.
post #3850 of 4414 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 10:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hello to everyone.

I cannot set the VDDG setting from 1020. sound for cracking, sizzling and explosion going on.

System does not boot after VDDG 1020.

What could be the reason?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in