(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread) - Page 472 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread)

post #4711 of 4958 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 09:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by heezflash View Post
Private video, can't view it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4712 of 4958 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 09:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 202 (Unique: 181)
Quote: Originally Posted by WinterActual View Post
Guys sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but its been a LONG time since I logged into the forum and I dunno where to ask.. So I finally decided to move to ryzen and I was thinking about this board. The cheapest variant - Elite. It will go with ryzen 3600. Can you recommend it in general? I will not OC besides the auto setting. I was thinking about ROG X470-F but the AORUS X570 Elite is on the same price so.. why not get straight to the X570 platform?
It's a great board. Built well, I'd recommend the Elite x570 over the ROG for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holtzman go_quote.gif
Computer viruses are like herpes. You never think in a million years you'd get one... Till you do.
post #4713 of 4958 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 09:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by bucdan View Post
It's a great board. Built well, I'd recommend the Elite x570 over the ROG for sure.

+1. It's a really good solid board. I have absolutely no issues or complaints.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4714 of 4958 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 12:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by freebee269 View Post
I understand what you are saying but even if I wanted to manual overclock I can’t because any change to the CPU multiplier immediately locks up my computer at the bios upon restart. And I can’t figure out why.

Did you disable "Core Performance Boost" from the "Advanced CPU settings" menu? In addition, you can set vCore to "Normal" and use a positive offset to dial your desired vCore for the overclock you are looking for.
post #4715 of 4958 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 12:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by nangu View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by freebee269 View Post
I understand what you are saying but even if I wanted to manual overclock I can’️t because any change to the CPU multiplier immediately locks up my computer at the bios upon restart. And I can’️t figure out why.

Did you disable "Core Performance Boost" from the "Advanced CPU settings" menu? In addition, you can set vCore to "Normal" and use a positive offset to dial your desired vCore for the overclock you are looking for.
Yes. Disabling core performance and both the PBO options in the settings tab still doesn’t allow me to post after I change the multiplier. Everything works fine as long as I don’t change the multiplier from auto. As soon as I said it to 39 with all default settings and PBO turned off and Cora performance turned off the Pc won’t post.
post #4716 of 4958 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 12:34 PM
GuruSMI

@freebee269 :
I also faced your problems.. I solved it the following way:

1. Keep the miltiplier at auto
2. Set vCore to normal
3. Set LLC to high
4. Disable XMP
5. Set RAM-Multiplier to the appropriate frequency
6. Set the DRAM voltage
7. Set the main timings
8. Set off all the PBO
9. Set inside AMD-Performance the cpu-clock and voltage

The values you priovide at the tweaker Menu ar used from the beginning. The values inside the AMD-Performance menu gets active before win start but later in post process.
post #4717 of 4958 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 02:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by pschorr1123 View Post
1. Only use Ryzen Master to verify your RAM timings within Windows. The only time it should change timings on its own is when it fails memory training at post. Then it will load safe defaults. Also make sure you manually set Dram Voltage as there was a bug that left it @1.2 after loading XMP

2. Do not worry about your FSB set to 100 in bios and showing 99.8 in windows every thing is fine. You can turn of spread spectrum if it really bothers you

You can also use use Ryzen Master to verify "coupled mode" is on (circled below in pic) next to that it will show you your memory clock and fabric clock which should be the same

Just a thought You did clean install Windows for this build instead of transferring your boot drive from old pc? If you are using your old install of Windows then you will likely have other issues.

You can google and download Blue Screen Viewer to determine the exact cause of your BSODs
Yep, I did Format/Install when I've made this rig.

BTW: I've reseted the bios and went again and did all the settings, this is how it is now (PIC). Ram is now at 66ns on 3733Mhz, before it was at 72ns at XMP 3200Mhz.

If you have time, please check the voltage to see if all is ok.

Thank you. Now lets just hope that the PC won't BSOD. I will let it run memtest86 8.3 over night and see if there are any issues on this version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FULL_OC_3733Mhz-1.png
Views:	26
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	309682  

Name:	FULL_OC_3733Mhz-2.png
Views:	35
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	309684  

Name:	FULL_OC_3733Mhz-3.png
Views:	31
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	309686  

Name:	FULL_OC_3733Mhz-4.png
Views:	28
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	309688  

Name:	FULL_OC_3733Mhz-5.png
Views:	18
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	309690  

Last edited by KelSceptic; 12-02-2019 at 02:31 PM.
post #4718 of 4958 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 02:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by WinterActual View Post
Guys sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but its been a LONG time since I logged into the forum and I dunno where to ask.. So I finally decided to move to ryzen and I was thinking about this board. The cheapest variant - Elite. It will go with ryzen 3600. Can you recommend it in general? I will not OC besides the auto setting. I was thinking about ROG X470-F but the AORUS X570 Elite is on the same price so.. why not get straight to the X570 platform?
I built a x570 Aorus Pro Wifi combined with 3900x in August and like it so much that I went to Microcenter 2 weeks ago and built my 71 year old father-in-law an x570 Aorus Elite combined with a 3600x. It runs great! At default settings hits 4400 mhz boost on almost all cores and works just as well as my Pro Wifi.
post #4719 of 4958 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 05:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by KelSceptic View Post

BTW: I've reseted the bios and went again and did all the settings, this is how it is now (PIC). Ram is now at 66ns on 3733Mhz, before it was at 72ns at XMP 3200Mhz.

Thank you. Now lets just hope that the PC won't BSOD. I will let it run memtest86 8.3 over night and see if there are any issues on this version.
Your voltage looks good @ 1.46 (this boards add a little bit to what ever you set)

Since you ran memtest 86 overnight have no hardware defects next thing you should do is run memtest hcl to check and see if your memory settings are stable. Looking at your pics you are nearly running 3200xmp timings @3733 which may be too aggressive.

To know for sure you need to download memtest hcl (it's free) from https://hcidesign.com/memtest/ (Windows will surprisingly well even if timings trigger an error very quickly in memtest hcl)

The example in pic is how it should look when you set it up for 16GB with a 16 thread CPU. You need 1 instance per thread 400% is bare minimum 1200% means your golden

If your timings are not stable it will error out pretty fast.

I also added a RM screen of my 3600 16,16,16,16 Samsung B-die default XMP profile which is a good starting point as the Ryzen Dram Calc is not a 1 size fits all. Nailing down a memory OC takes a lot of time and testing. As you will find out memtest hcl takes a long time to reach 800%

Also Bluescreen viewer will help you narrow down your BSOD's once you get your Memory OC stable
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MemTest 400% Pass April 2018.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	891.6 KB
ID:	309718  

Name:	3600 XMP Stock Settings.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	447.2 KB
ID:	309722  

x570 Aorus Master, R7 3700X, 16GB G Skill F4-3600C16D-16GVK, Rx Vega 64 Liquid, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo m.2 boot drive, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750 Watt Gold, Samsung 860 evo 500GB sata steam ssd, Toshiba DT01ACA300 (3TB x 2), Toshiba HDWE150 5TB (sounds like wood pecker when playing video file it.)
post #4720 of 4958 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 05:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by KelSceptic View Post

I have PM'd you a link to memtest HCI

Also, have you tested to see if the crashes stop at default 3200mhz XMP speeds?

You're having BSOD, random, and running overclocked RAM. Set everything back to default.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in