(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread) - Page 623 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread)

post #6221 of 7064 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 10:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 46 (Unique: 29)
For our motherboard which voltage is more accurate. Vcore in cpu-z or svi2 tfn hwinfo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6222 of 7064 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 03:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
This isn't making me feel better about my odds of getting one that's quieter or even silent... I'm going to try to get back to Microcenter in the morning to exchange it.
I could lie to you and say that a motherboard replacement will definitely fix your issues

The only way I've been able to dampen the coil whine was to use a LiveCD of Manjaro Linux. Obviously comparing apples to Windows oranges here, but considering the driver problems that AMD are having, it could very well be a microcode/BIOS/driver issue.
post #6223 of 7064 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 09:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by pschorr1123 View Post
Having the computer freeze on you while inside the bios is not normal.

Are you using the bios that shipped with the motherboard? If so I would update that to a newer version

Also you need to make sure that you install the AMD Chipset drivers as they have proper SATA drivers and other essential drivers for your Motherboard they can be found here:https://www.amd.com/en/support/chips...ocket-am4/x570

You may also need to download and install the NVME driver for your NVME drive. Some rely on the default Windows driver while others have their own driver which would be more ideal to use
I'm using F11, also i have lots of RGB stuff such as corsair lp120s+phanteks eveolve x + kraken x72. Sometimes im thinking rgb lightning is causing the bios fault, dont know because when i had it i uninstall everything on board and tried with another psu evga 850 g2 (currently hx1200) nothing happened still was no light. I was preparing for RMA. Also i tried CMOS nothing happen then i tried oldies method, i took bios battery then it resetted and board lights was on.

I installed AMD Chipset drivers but when i checked in device manager it was showing microsoft driver on all sata devices and also for nvme too so i manually install AMD sata drivers(some people are saying Microsoft drivers are better).

So far today is second day Kingston SSD is working normally after ErP changed. Very interesting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6224 of 7064 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 09:38 PM
AMD OVERLOCKER

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by Acertified View Post
I run a Dual Boot system with both Win10 and Win7. I have some older programs that simply will not run in Win10. Hardware runs fine with both OS but Win7 can be a little bit of a pain to install and configure at first but once it is done, it runs just like normal. I also had Win10 and Win7 running on my original 1st Gen Ryzen back in the day and they said you couldnt do that either. It definitely can be done!
FYI... I used only the manufacturers drivers from their websites to install and run Win7 when Windows wouldn't pick up certain devices. I have the latest version of Win7 so 90% of my hardware was picked up by default.
Sent u a PM to discuss further

• Ryzen 3600x @4490mhz, Mugen Rev.B, v1.46, 3rd position at HWBOT
  • Gigabyte Aorus Elite x570
  • G-SkillLL F4-3200C15D-16GTZ Trident Z Series CL15 Bdies @3733 15-14-13-1T 1.46v
Official Ryzen 5 3600x Owner!
post #6225 of 7064 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 12:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Mem combatibilty

Hello everyone

Has anyone paired the aorus master with the G-Skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZR?

In G-skill's site the vql says the aorus master, but in aorus master vql can't see the specific ram

Thanks in advance
post #6226 of 7064 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 05:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by WaShErE View Post
I'm using F11, also i have lots of RGB stuff such as corsair lp120s+phanteks eveolve x + kraken x72. Sometimes im thinking rgb lightning is causing the bios fault, dont know because when i had it i uninstall everything on board and tried with another psu evga 850 g2 (currently hx1200) nothing happened still was no light. I was preparing for RMA. Also i tried CMOS nothing happen then i tried oldies method, i took bios battery then it resetted and board lights was on.

I installed AMD Chipset drivers but when i checked in device manager it was showing microsoft driver on all sata devices and also for nvme too so i manually install AMD sata drivers(some people are saying Microsoft drivers are better).

So far today is second day Kingston SSD is working normally after ErP changed. Very interesting.
Interesting,

I have seen lots of issues with iCue and other RGB sofware not playing nice together. So that explains the ERP setting helping out there.

Only other thing that I can suggest is uninstalling all RGB software then install 1 at a time until your issues pop back up

Installing the AMD Chipset driver was so that you would get optimal performance (mostly due to Ryzen Power Plan) as it is needed to get optimal boosting and better scheduling. I only mentioned it since you stated this was your first AMD build and after installing Windows nothings shows up prompting you to install Chipset driver and there are no obvious signs in device manager either. I was wrong about it installing AMD sata drivers though, I must have seen SMBus Drivers and seen Sata. So don't worry too much about that but concentrate all of your trouble shooting on the RBG specifically iCue.

Under Device Manager look under Storage Controllers to verify Which NVME Driver is in use. In the Pic I Have Samsung 970 evo so it shows the Samsung Driver. You will have to run benchmarks for your specific NVME drive and see which one is better for you. If any of the disappearing drives is your NVME then I would use the NVME Drive Manufacturer driver for sure if offered. Some cheaper drives just rely on Microsoft driver.

I hope you get your issue sorted as you should not have to remove the battery to get your system to start.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Device Mgr NVME.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	327188  

x570 Aorus Master, R7 3700X, 16GB G Skill F4-3600C16D-16GVK, Rx Vega 64 Liquid, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo m.2 boot drive, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750 Watt Gold, Samsung 860 evo 500GB sata steam ssd, Toshiba DT01ACA300 (3TB x 2), Toshiba HDWE150 5TB (sounds like wood pecker when playing video file it.)
post #6227 of 7064 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 05:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by Nijo View Post
Well - PBO/EDC-Bug...

Interestingly it seem to behave a little different with the 3950x - for me (using 3900x on Aorus Xtreme with AGESA 1.0.0.4 B) any other value than EDC=0 and PBO won't work - the CPU wouldn't pull anything beyond 110W and won’t boost to desired values of 4,6GHz or higher…

With PPT/TDC maxed out an EDC set to 0 – which results in 140A – it will pull up to 200W and boost up to 4,7 GHz..
With old AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABBA maxing out all three values (PPT/TDC/EDC to motherboards max) I got up to 230W Power draw….
Well well…hopefully a new AGESA will come some time and fix this.

Greetings,
Medizinmann
post #6228 of 7064 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 06:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by Nioufis View Post
Hello everyone

In G-skill's site the vql says the aorus master, but in aorus master vql can't see the specific ram

Thanks in advance
I can tell you that these F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR work…

And I would buy B-die...timecode around 18:30

BTW: If you plan on OCing I wouldn't use sticks with RGB. Get Ribjaws instead something and like 3600 CL16...

Greetings,
Medizinmann
post #6229 of 7064 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 06:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by pschorr1123 View Post
Interesting,

I have seen lots of issues with iCue and other RGB sofware not playing nice together. So that explains the ERP setting helping out there.

Only other thing that I can suggest is uninstalling all RGB software then install 1 at a time until your issues pop back up

Installing the AMD Chipset driver was so that you would get optimal performance (mostly due to Ryzen Power Plan) as it is needed to get optimal boosting and better scheduling. I only mentioned it since you stated this was your first AMD build and after installing Windows nothings shows up prompting you to install Chipset driver and there are no obvious signs in device manager either. I was wrong about it installing AMD sata drivers though, I must have seen SMBus Drivers and seen Sata. So don't worry too much about that but concentrate all of your trouble shooting on the RBG specifically iCue.

Under Device Manager look under Storage Controllers to verify Which NVME Driver is in use. In the Pic I Have Samsung 970 evo so it shows the Samsung Driver. You will have to run benchmarks for your specific NVME drive and see which one is better for you. If any of the disappearing drives is your NVME then I would use the NVME Drive Manufacturer driver for sure if offered. Some cheaper drives just rely on Microsoft driver.

I hope you get your issue sorted as you should not have to remove the battery to get your system to start.
I hope so all will be ok, bios didnt frozen in a spesific situation so its really hard to understand. I can see AMD sata drivers but my NVM driver also standart one, i looked at Adata website i couldnt see any nvme driver, they have only ssd toolbox and rgb software thats all.

AMD bios is really different after intel, it will take a time for get used to it. I'm a system engineer but im 39 I really appreciated for your time and helping me to understand more details.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device_manager.png
Views:	7
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	327208  

post #6230 of 7064 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 07:34 AM
Let's ROCK!!!

Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by Nioufis View Post
Hello everyone

Thanks in advance
I just replaced a F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR set which is double what you have(same ram though)
and I had zero issues with them ,even running them at 3600
I just bought 2 16GB sticks instead

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x| Gigabyte Aorus X570 Ultra
Corsair H150i Pro RGB | 32GB PC3600 DDR4 GSkill Trident Z Neo
Asus ROG Strix RTX2080-O8G Gaming | Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVME M.2 Pciex 4
Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard | Antec P120 Crystal case
Soundblaster AE-7 | Coolermaster v1000 Gold Series PS
Acer Predator XB273K 4K Monitor
Marantz SR6013 AVR| Energy Take Classic 5.1
Bigcid10's Rig
(16 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra
GPU
ROG STRIX RTX2080 O8G GAMING
RAM
32GB PC3600 DDR4 GSkill Trident Z Neo(16GB x 2)
Hard Drive
Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVME M.2 Pciex 4
Hard Drive
WD SN750 Black 1TB
Hard Drive
OCZ RD400 512GB
Power Supply
Coolermaster v1000 gold
Cooling
Corsair H150 Pro
Case
Antec P120 Crystal
Operating System
Windows 10 for workstation x64
Monitor
Acer Predator XB273K 4K Monitor
Keyboard
Corsair K95
Mouse
Logitech G502 Hero
Mousepad
Corsair MM600 Dual surface mousepad
Audio
Creative Soundblaster AE-7
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in