(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread) - Page 784 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

(Gigabyte X570 AORUS Owners Thread)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #7831 of 8992 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 12:32 PM
Old crazy guy
 
ManniX-ITA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Germany
Posts: 929
Rep: 22 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by meridius View Post
ill have to test it out, dont have any games on the pc but might try out xbox gamepass to see if i can get some games on there.
Or Epic Games Store, Fortnite is free and pretty heavy.

Pandorum
(12 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3800x
Motherboard
GigaByte X570 AORUS Master
GPU
MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
RAM
G.Skill DDR4 F4-3600C16-GTZNC 16-18-19-32-48-1T
Hard Drive
Samsung M.2 970 PRO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1300 G2
Cooling
beQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Case
Corsair 750D Airflow
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Asus VG248 144MHz
Keyboard
Logitech G15
Mouse
Logitech G502 Lightspeed
▲ hide details ▲
ManniX-ITA is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7832 of 8992 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 01:18 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 48
Rep: 0
Any vapers here?;p Remember to clean regularly your board from VG vapor condensation otherwise you will see problems like "USB device descriptor failed" for unused ports ;p
St0RM53 is offline  
post #7833 of 8992 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 01:23 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
patryk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: poland
Posts: 239
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Me chip temp
In hot day is max 72c









I have question what is this thermal throtthing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chipset tmep.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	506.0 KB
ID:	349316  

Click image for larger version

Name:	co to.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	521.8 KB
ID:	349328  


monster
(17 items)
CPU
3900x
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Master x570
GPU
2 x msi armor oc 1080ti
RAM
Gskill trident neo 3600mhz
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 evo
Hard Drive
Samsung 860
Hard Drive
Wd red 3tb
Power Supply
Seasonic prime platinium 1200w
Cooling
480/120/60 p/p
Cooling
360/120/60 p/p
Cooling
120/120/60 p/p
Cooling
XSPC d5 pump
Case
Phanteks enthoo primo
Monitor
LG 27UD68-W
Keyboard
Corsair K70 rgb rapidfire
Mouse
Corsair glaive rgb
Other
ST100 rgb
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by patryk; 05-25-2020 at 02:28 PM.
patryk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7834 of 8992 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 01:56 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 200
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by ManniX-ITA View Post
Nice, I'd appreciate if you can post how much clearance is left for the GPU.
Mine is air cooled and I don't want to upgrade before end of the year.
Good luck with the build, you'll probably find you didn't thought about this and that... but it's a rewarding experience!
I think you got what you were looking for from the other picture posted... but yeah there isn't a huge amount of clearance left. I also ran into a "didn't think of that" already... while the chipset block fittings are just barely above the bottom radiator + fan, the USB 3.0 internal headers are not accessible.

ryouiki is offline  
post #7835 of 8992 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 02:00 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Diablo85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 281
Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by St0RM53 View Post
Any vapers here?;p Remember to clean regularly your board from VG vapor condensation otherwise you will see problems like "USB device descriptor failed" for unused ports ;p
say wat? that was part of the reason i went through with the RMA on my Xtreme - out of the box it would throw an error randomly about USB device descriptor failed on restarts. my tower sits below and to the left of the desk surface ~6ft away and i didn't notice anything wrong with the board after 9 months of use before I sent it back.
Diablo85 is offline  
post #7836 of 8992 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 02:52 PM
Old crazy guy
 
ManniX-ITA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Germany
Posts: 929
Rep: 22 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by ryouiki View Post
I think you got what you were looking for from the other picture posted... but yeah there isn't a huge amount of clearance left. I also ran into a "didn't think of that" already... while the chipset block fittings are just barely above the bottom radiator + fan, the USB 3.0 internal headers are not accessible.
Sure, I could see I'll have to upgrade the GPU first
Sorry to hear about the internal USB headers, not the best but I guess you can still fit a x1 PCIe card there.

Pandorum
(12 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3800x
Motherboard
GigaByte X570 AORUS Master
GPU
MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
RAM
G.Skill DDR4 F4-3600C16-GTZNC 16-18-19-32-48-1T
Hard Drive
Samsung M.2 970 PRO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1300 G2
Cooling
beQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Case
Corsair 750D Airflow
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Asus VG248 144MHz
Keyboard
Logitech G15
Mouse
Logitech G502 Lightspeed
▲ hide details ▲
ManniX-ITA is offline  
post #7837 of 8992 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 04:14 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
KaszaWspraju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Hi.
I have X570 master. I observed strange behavior of my 3700x. In idle my CPU voltage is about 1,413 to 1,46 and 3600MHz to 4.225. When I open the task manager the voltage drops 0.975 to 1.006 and CPU 3525MHz.
Similar behavior occurs during the multi thread Cinebench R 20. Voltage drops to 1.200 and CPU all cors is 3.900Mhz 100% load. ALL voltage in bios F11 is default. Only XMP is on and Infinity Fabric set to 1800. Power plan set to AMD Balanced

Last edited by KaszaWspraju; 05-25-2020 at 04:24 PM.
KaszaWspraju is offline  
post #7838 of 8992 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 04:52 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 13
Rep: 0
Hiya,

I just wanted to share my experience of Gigabyte X570 AORUS Master with you. Maybe some of you will have the same issues I experienced. I tried to go back in posts but there's no way I can read almost 800 pages of posts This will be a little long probably. Apologies for the wall of text.

I'll give my specs first so you know what I have, it's nothing special.

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master (rev. 1.x) F11
3950x CPU (no overclock, cooled with a Corsair H150i PRO)
32GBx2 RAM set to XMP(CMK64GX4M2D3600C18)
Zotac GTX1080 GPU
Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow (with 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 3000 fans mounted on front)
Seasonic 850W

HW installation: I received motherboard, ram and cpu just a few days before Christmas 2019. Installation went kind of OK, however I had some trouble mounting the motherboard, I/O side and I/O shiled insisted not fitting in correctly. This is the 3rd motherboard I'm installing the same case and only one causing issues, but I'm happy to take the blame on my fat fingers.

BIOS Issues: After I see the post screen, I went into BIOS settings, loaded optimized defaults and enabled XMP. Installed Win10/Linux fine performance is great. However almost everytime I restarted my computer it was causing BIOS to reset all settings and go back to defaults. When I go to BIOS settings it displays a message saying "BIOS has been reset. Please re-config your BIOS setup items if needed". Because I switch between Win10 and Linux quite often I had to fix my BIOS several times a day. Eventually it got a little worse. It started to switch between primary and backup BIOS after self-resets. It also was switching to primary if I set BIOS_SW to 2 and when I switched to 1 it was switching to backup. Absolute mess. I had to remove battery and do a primary/backup flash to F11 again. At the moment it's stable-ish. I'm still getting a BIOS reset at least once a week.

BSOD issues: Just like everyone else, I do series of benchmarks and torture tests when I put a new computer together. First I did an overnight memtest, that was all good. Next, I left OCCT standard test overnight and that was stable too. However when I tried anything with AVX or AVX2 I was getting and instant BSOD. I switched to Linux and ran Prime95 with Small FFTs settings and as soon as I start the test one of the cores was stoping with hardware error message. After few tries I realised it was always the same core, C13. Please remember, I don't have any overclock enabled. No auto-overclock or PBO. I tested it few different ways and everytime I managed to get same failure on Core13. Since it was one and same core all the time I thought it would be a faulty CPU. I contacted AMD and they kindly gave me a replacement CPU very quickly. However with the new CPU things weren't perfect. Again, Core 13 fails. This time usually only one thread (worker) fails, sometimes both but I don't get any BSOD. Yay... I guess. Before you say, yes it works fine when I enable PBO because it seems like a VCore issue and PBO doesn't let cores go below a certain voltage. I'm not expert but I'd like to know if the CPU requests wrong voltage and fails or motherboard doesn't give enough voltage on stock settings. Obviously it's not that motherboard can't deliver enough because with PBO it can give the necessary power. I have a backup CPU, R5 3600. That one works fine at stock settings with AVX tests. Also I know these tests are unrealistic and probably there's no similar case I'd get in daily use but still to me that's an instability issue, you might disagree however. I have some screenshots and other stuff saved. Please let me know if you'd like to have a look.

Other hardware issues: Chipset temps are a little strange. Idle 78C and on full load it goes up to 83-84C. I see people are getting 60~... Don't know how. Even when I do a full blast with front fans the lowest chipset temp I get is 75C. I don't know if it would cause any issues. Just seeing a hardware constantly around 80C is a bit painful.

Software issues: This one might sound a little silly but SIV is the worst fan controller software I've ever seen. It is an absolute disaster. BIOS update app is OK.

Right, if I wrap up the whole thing, my experience with X570 Aorus Master is like participating a hill cheese rolling competition. It goes fast but tumbles and crashes very often, in the end it reaches to the bottom but is it really worth it? I don't know.

Thanks
Rootifera is offline  
post #7839 of 8992 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 05:41 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Carbonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 26
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Rootifera View Post
Hiya,

I just wanted to share my experience of Gigabyte X570 AORUS Master with you. Maybe some of you will have the same issues I experienced. I tried to go back in posts but there's no way I can read almost 800 pages of posts This will be a little long probably. Apologies for the wall of text.

I'll give my specs first so you know what I have, it's nothing special.

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master (rev. 1.x) F11
3950x CPU (no overclock, cooled with a Corsair H150i PRO)
32GBx2 RAM set to XMP(CMK64GX4M2D3600C18)
Zotac GTX1080 GPU
Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow (with 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 3000 fans mounted on front)
Seasonic 850W

HW installation: I received motherboard, ram and cpu just a few days before Christmas 2019. Installation went kind of OK, however I had some trouble mounting the motherboard, I/O side and I/O shiled insisted not fitting in correctly. This is the 3rd motherboard I'm installing the same case and only one causing issues, but I'm happy to take the blame on my fat fingers.

BIOS Issues: After I see the post screen, I went into BIOS settings, loaded optimized defaults and enabled XMP. Installed Win10/Linux fine performance is great. However almost everytime I restarted my computer it was causing BIOS to reset all settings and go back to defaults. When I go to BIOS settings it displays a message saying "BIOS has been reset. Please re-config your BIOS setup items if needed". Because I switch between Win10 and Linux quite often I had to fix my BIOS several times a day. Eventually it got a little worse. It started to switch between primary and backup BIOS after self-resets. It also was switching to primary if I set BIOS_SW to 2 and when I switched to 1 it was switching to backup. Absolute mess. I had to remove battery and do a primary/backup flash to F11 again. At the moment it's stable-ish. I'm still getting a BIOS reset at least once a week.

BSOD issues: Just like everyone else, I do series of benchmarks and torture tests when I put a new computer together. First I did an overnight memtest, that was all good. Next, I left OCCT standard test overnight and that was stable too. However when I tried anything with AVX or AVX2 I was getting and instant BSOD. I switched to Linux and ran Prime95 with Small FFTs settings and as soon as I start the test one of the cores was stoping with hardware error message. After few tries I realised it was always the same core, C13. Please remember, I don't have any overclock enabled. No auto-overclock or PBO. I tested it few different ways and everytime I managed to get same failure on Core13. Since it was one and same core all the time I thought it would be a faulty CPU. I contacted AMD and they kindly gave me a replacement CPU very quickly. However with the new CPU things weren't perfect. Again, Core 13 fails. This time usually only one thread (worker) fails, sometimes both but I don't get any BSOD. Yay... I guess. Before you say, yes it works fine when I enable PBO because it seems like a VCore issue and PBO doesn't let cores go below a certain voltage. I'm not expert but I'd like to know if the CPU requests wrong voltage and fails or motherboard doesn't give enough voltage on stock settings. Obviously it's not that motherboard can't deliver enough because with PBO it can give the necessary power. I have a backup CPU, R5 3600. That one works fine at stock settings with AVX tests. Also I know these tests are unrealistic and probably there's no similar case I'd get in daily use but still to me that's an instability issue, you might disagree however. I have some screenshots and other stuff saved. Please let me know if you'd like to have a look.

Other hardware issues: Chipset temps are a little strange. Idle 78C and on full load it goes up to 83-84C. I see people are getting 60~... Don't know how. Even when I do a full blast with front fans the lowest chipset temp I get is 75C. I don't know if it would cause any issues. Just seeing a hardware constantly around 80C is a bit painful.

Software issues: This one might sound a little silly but SIV is the worst fan controller software I've ever seen. It is an absolute disaster. BIOS update app is OK.

Right, if I wrap up the whole thing, my experience with X570 Aorus Master is like participating a hill cheese rolling competition. It goes fast but tumbles and crashes very often, in the end it reaches to the bottom but is it really worth it? I don't know.

Thanks
Sounds like you have the same X570 Master chipset temperature issue that I have. I have a ticket with Gigabyte support atm, they don't really say much and pretty much gave up after resetting CMOS and trying the F12 beta bioses so now I'm checking if adding my own thermal paste to the chipset will void the warranty or I should RMA or what I'm going to do. Oh, they also said the average temperature should be 52-55C - that seemed like a rather weird and tiny interval.

Had pretty good luck with my 3 year old 1080ti today where new thermal paste lowered the temperatures with 5-10C with lower fan speeds so perhaps I'll give it another go with the motherboard. Just crappy that some Gigabyte boards clearly seem to have production issues here and that their support seemed rather clueless about it.
Carbonic is offline  
post #7840 of 8992 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 10:12 PM
Old crazy guy
 
ManniX-ITA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Germany
Posts: 929
Rep: 22 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by Rootifera View Post
Spoiler!
I had a similar (thankfully not so much similar) experience with my 3800x at stock settings; it doesn't work reliably.
My understanding is the AORUS line having all these issues; with other brands it's very uncommon you get troubles with stock.

Your cold boot bug it's very nasty; I guess you have replaced already the CMOS battery.
Did you try to disable the 2nd BIOS as suggested recently?

It's very easy to fix the stability issues usually, the faulty core on AVX is for sure the vCore voltage.
You have to set CPU vCore voltage to Normal and look for an offset, probably positive in you case.
Check what PBO is setting to make it work.
You'll save yourself a mountain of troubles if you set vCore to Normal; Auto doesn't work.
I'll suggest also the you set SOC vCore to 1.100, will save you other troubles as well.

For the chipset you have to replace the thermal pad.
I guess it's not going to break the warranty. We are all doing it. It's a matter of few screws and there's no sigil to break.
It's so bad that I think would be just a massive reputation blow back if they would argue about warranty at some point.
They really have nothing to gain complaining that we fix their mistakes.
We all have pictures of that stuff.

Don't use SIV or any other Gigabyte software. Seriously.
You can set fan curves in the bios. Use HWInfo for monitoring.

I have too the 750D Airflow and I had no issues mounting the board. Probably your fingers the culprit

Pandorum
(12 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3800x
Motherboard
GigaByte X570 AORUS Master
GPU
MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
RAM
G.Skill DDR4 F4-3600C16-GTZNC 16-18-19-32-48-1T
Hard Drive
Samsung M.2 970 PRO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1300 G2
Cooling
beQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Case
Corsair 750D Airflow
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Asus VG248 144MHz
Keyboard
Logitech G15
Mouse
Logitech G502 Lightspeed
▲ hide details ▲
ManniX-ITA is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off