ASRock AB350 Pro4 with Ryzen 5 3600? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ASRock AB350 Pro4 with Ryzen 5 3600?

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 04:39 AM - Thread Starter
Noctua Fan

Rep: 73 (Unique: 48)
ASRock AB350 Pro4 with Ryzen 5 3600?

Right now I am running the ASRock AB350 Pro4 with a Ryzen 3 2200g. I cannot complain at this point, it has done me well for the price point. With that being said, I am running into limitations with that CPU even though I am only running an RX 480 with it.

I see that my motherboard is getting a BIOS update for the new Ryzen CPU's. So i guess I'm looking for opinions, Am I better off buying a current gen CPU at a reduced price point? Or am I better off swinging the extra $$ to the next generation? I don't see myself being an early adopter, only becuase I see there being a shortage for a while because of hype. Hopefully someone can give me some good insight on which direction I should go. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 04:45 AM
Kill Confirmed

Rep: 76 (Unique: 63)
Your board is fairly decent and should perform quite well with an R5 3600. Especially with that CPU being only 6 cores and looking to be not nearly as power hungry as an OC'd 1700 can be.

We also won't know for sure which new motherboards perform well until after a bit of time. Whereas the CPU will perform best right away at launch.

I say go for it, put the cash you save by keeping the mobo into the newer better CPU.

Also, hello from a fellow Wisconsin member.

Last edited by speed_demon; 07-03-2019 at 04:49 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter
Noctua Fan

Quote: Originally Posted by speed_demon View Post
Your board is fairly decent and should perform quite well with an R5 3600. Especially with that CPU being only 6 cores and looking to be not nearly as power hungry as an OC'd 1700 can be.

We also won't know for sure which new motherboards perform well until after a bit of time. Whereas the CPU will perform best right away at launch.

I say go for it, put the cash you save by keeping the mobo into the newer better CPU.

Also, hello from a fellow Wisconsin member.
I'm actually surprised with the quality of my board. I understand if it wont be the best overclocker, but I think the increase they're claiming on the cpu is going to make it worth the extra money. Thanks for your input. As a fellow Wisconsinite How are you enjoying our brutal heat wave? I"m not built for this haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 02:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
any updates?

So how did the ryzen 5 3600 work out with your asrock ab350 pro 4. Also looking to get the r5 3600 or r5 2600 and see which is more stable for the Asrock ab350 pro4. Thanks
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter
Noctua Fan

Quote: Originally Posted by blfrze00 View Post
So how did the ryzen 5 3600 work out with your asrock ab350 pro 4. Also looking to get the r5 3600 or r5 2600 and see which is more stable for the Asrock ab350 pro4. Thanks
sorry for the super late reply. I just saw this now. I did not end up going with the 3600. Early on it sounded like there were a bunch of issues. I came across a great deal on a 1700x and I grabbed that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in